It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. military relief supplies arrive in Chengdu (China)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Which innocent countries would you be referring to?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

So did you answer my second question? Or, you conveniently ignore that one? Or maybe you are just trying to mimic the anti-China propagandists messages?

P.s. China donated 5 million USD to the victims of Katrina.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Those who the Bush admin invaded to enrich his buddies and control the oil.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Wow, so the trade-balance was nearly even only in 1985. After that, goodnight gracie.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Didn't ignore it at all. Statistics showing those numbers aren't collected to the extent that an accurate number could be shown.

PS: The Constitution doesn't prohibit foreign nations from donating money.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchiNiSan

Those who the Bush admin invaded to enrich his buddies and control the oil.

Specifically which ones?

If oil was the goal, why aren't we invading Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Venezuela, Mexico, Canada, Russia, or Qatar?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Didn't ignore it at all. Statistics showing those numbers aren't collected to the extent that an accurate number could be shown.

So it is more conveniently to ignore this all together and bring up only the negative side of an open free trade.

Specifically which ones?

If oil was the goal, why aren't we invading Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Venezuela, Mexico, Canada, Russia, or Qatar?

Because you are already (kuwait and the like) or feel you are controlling those countries (Saudi Arab and the like), or simply had miss-judged the strength of the regime making it too late (Russia and the like).

PS: The Constitution doesn't prohibit foreign nations from donating money.

This very comment is the trademark of double-standards and hypocrisy which is why anti-Americanism is increasing everywhere on this tiny planet.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

So it is more conveniently to ignore this all together and bring up only the negative side of an open free trade.

So we should extol all of the positive virtues of open free trade? Should we focus on lost American jobs, unsafe products, or having a trade deficit with a communist nation?

Because you are already (kuwait and the like) or feel you are controlling those countries (Saudi Arab and the like), or simply had miss-judged the strength of the regime making it too late (Russia and the like).

We invaded Kuwait? Really? When? How many casualties did we inflict?

If we controlled SA, why would Bushy need to ASK them to increase production?

This very comment is the trademark of double-standards and hypocrisy which is why anti-Americanism is increasing everywhere on this tiny planet.

You live in China correct? Hence you couldnt possibly comprehend the idea of the people controlling the government, and what said government does with OUR money.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

The Chinese reaped especially big sums from commerce after 2001 because they enjoyed the best of all possible worlds — they took the benefits of being inside the large trading club without suffering much of the pain of adhering to the promises made to join it.

The West at first was tolerant, sending only small warnings to Beijing. The first was in March 2004 when Washington filed a WTO complaint against China's preferential refund of value added tax for domestically produced or designed integrated circuits. Beijing had no leg to stand on and quickly repealed the offending tax break. Nevertheless, the Chinese did not take the hint. In February 2006, America warned China that its informal grace period was over, and, after more Chinese foot dragging, Washington and Brussels took the unprecedented step of jointly filing a complaint at the end of March. The case targeted China's discriminatory auto-parts tariffs. Although the tariffs are indefensible, Beijing has refused to repeal them.

Then last week America filed two more WTO complaints. One concerned the piracy of foreign intellectual property. China makes about 70% of all the counterfeit goods in the world. The Chinese government not only benefits from and protects this massive theft, it also participates in the counterfeiting as a manufacturer and distributor. Despite more than a decade of Western efforts to reduce Chinese piracy, the problem is getting worse, not better.

China's thievery is probably the biggest crime of all time, and criminal activities are now so tightly interwoven into the fabric of the economy and society that they have become integral to the maintenance of the country's political system. As a result of the pervasiveness of the problem, no WTO complaint can ever provide a remedy.

Article Source

[edit on 19-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
So we should extol all of the positive virtues of open free trade? Should we focus on lost American jobs, unsafe products, or having a trade deficit with a communist nation?

Maybe if you rationally analyze it you might see more positive than negative? Who knows.

Nope, I meant "already controlling" countries like Kuwait.

As for Saudi Araba this is why I said "you are feeling you are controlling" them, so no invasion was required. I bet Bush was shocked to see Saudi Arab donated 50 million USD and another 10 million USD worth of relief supplies to China. Since this is all politics, so it was like telling to the Americans, "I am befriended with the guy that you are trying to tell the world is a danger." Seems like states are swinging more and more to their own benefits instead of only being the lapdog of a "superpower", especially not of a depressed one anymore.

Interesting how you do try to avoid real discussions, and not mention Russia for example

You live in China correct? Hence you couldnt possibly comprehend the idea of the people controlling the government, and what said government does with OUR money.

You are making me laugh dude, I now have a feeling why America is destroying herself. No wonder with so many ignorant people. I will refer you to my signatures. Wake up buddy and listen to less propaganda.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

at least make one link for the source.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Maybe if you rationally analyze it you might see more positive than negative? Who knows.

Which positives would those be?

If free, open trade was beneficial to each nation, China wouldn't have had to devalue their currency would they?

Nope, I meant "already controlling" countries like Kuwait.

As for Saudi Araba this is why I said "you are feeling you are controlling" them, so no invasion was required. I bet Bush was shocked to see Saudi Arab donated 50 million USD and another 10 million USD worth of relief supplies to China. Since this is all politics, so it was like telling to the Americans, "I am befriended with the guy that you are trying to tell the world is a danger." Seems like states are swinging more and more to their own benefits instead of only being the lapdog of a "superpower", especially not of a depressed one anymore.

Again, if we controlled them, an increase in petroleum output would have already happened. The facts do not substantiate your claims.

Interesting how you do try to avoid real discussions, and not mention Russia for example

Need I point out your avoidance of questions? Please child, stick to the topic at hand without inserting your BS nationalistic crap into it. What would you like to know about Russia?

You are making me laugh dude, I now have a feeling why America is destroying herself. No wonder with so many ignorant people. I will refer you to my signatures. Wake up buddy and listen to less propaganda.

Specifically, which propaganda do you think I am listening to?

[edit on 19-5-2008 by slackerwire]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Which positives would those be?

If free, open trade was beneficial to each nation, China wouldn't have had to devalue their currency would they?

Actually do you know when and why China devalued the currency and pegged it to the USD in the first place?

Again, if we controlled them, an increase in petroleum output would have already happened. The facts do not substantiate your claims.

The ones you are controlling is too small, the ones you know that you are losing control you start to realize.

p.s. with "you" I mean the Bush admin and his supporters.

Need I point out your avoidance of questions? Please child, stick to the topic at hand without inserting your BS nationalistic crap into it. What would you like to know about Russia?
What has nationalism and pointing out the miss-judgment of the Bush regime for the uprising of the Russians and Putin, who decided to kick out all Western oil companies and reform the and re-centralize the Russian energy industry, to do with each other?

And if you mean avoiding questions, I presumed you would know that innocent countries is Afghanistan and Iraq.

Specifically, which propaganda do you think I am listening to?

Certainly not the ones I am exposed to
hmmmm, maybe not smart of me to use sacarsm to someone not understanding my culture....

[edit on 19/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Actually do you know when and why China devalued the currency and pegged it to the USD in the first place?

I dont bring up issues I am not knowledgeable in. China devalued it for a few reasons actually, but the chief factor was to make it cheaper for them in terms of production.

The ones you are controlling is too small, the ones you know that you are losing control you start to realize.

Well according to you, we control Saudi Arabia, which has the largest oil reserves on the planet.

What has nationalism and pointing out the miss-judgment of the Bush regime for the uprising of the Russians and Putin, who decided to kick out all Western oil companies and reform the and re-centralize the Russian energy industry, to do with each other?

Putin is nothing more than a fascist criminal.

And if you mean avoiding questions, I presumed you would know that innocent countries is Afghanistan and Iraq.

You may want to look up the definition of innocent.

Unless that is, you consider a nation that fires surface to air missiles at jets patrolling agreed upon no fly zones to be innocent.

Afghanistan? Innocent? You're kidding right?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Okay.

Hmmmm..

This thread took a turn that I did not expect it to. And to think that I thought my breaking news on global warming would get all the attention.

So there seems to be a lot of emotionally charged nationalistic banter going on around these parts. It seems to me that the most progressive of us bring out the most archaic of weapons when we feel our pride attacked.

First things first. In the event of a disaster, when immediate help will immediately save lives, I know that there should be no restrictions on that aid. Now if we are talking about reconstruction? No, aid like that should come in the form of loans that have equal interest to the loans they have made to us. But sending in filtration devices, food, generators for triage, I think it behooves of all nations to send help whenever called for.

As for our constitutional right to do so? You are right. There is none. But need I go on and on about the "rights" that have been taken from me, or the powers abused by BOTH parties in the last few centuries?

And please stop with the pro China, bad America rhetoric. You know who I am talking to. Stop claiming to be independently minded, when all you spew is what our liberal left spews. Lets stick to what we agree on. The fact is, by the way, that we did have the right to attack Afghanistan, a country governed by the very group that claimed responsibility for attacking NYC.

This Thread was intended to discuss the positives and negatives of the relief effort. I expected more positives from every side.

And P.S. I agree that the trade deficit is out of control. But just wait till The U.S. reaches energy independence first. Then we will see how fast that deficit changes sides.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I dont bring up issues I am not knowledgeable in. China devalued it for a few reasons actually, but the chief factor was to make it cheaper for them in terms of production.

It was in support of the Asian economies, and to counter the Asian Financial Crisis almost a decade ago, which all Asian countries were being targetted by speculators. They stopped when they could not bring Hong Kong down, which was supported by China. A re-valuation is occuring as many wished, but in economics my personal opinion is that you should be careful in what you wish for and gradual incremental actions are preferred over a big boom.

Interesting that costprice has increased already 30-40% since the beginning of the year for Chinese manufacturing, because of the new Labour law and increase of raw material pricing. On top of it the appreciation of the RMB.

So how come the American inflation is still less than even 10%?

Either the CPI is a fake made-up figure, or the increase is only roaming off the huge profits of the American companies OR maybe the Chinese imports are not that significant at all for the overall American economy.

If you really live in USA, expect a hyperinflation IF the Chinese goods is any indication and the only foreign imports in USA.

Well according to you, we control Saudi Arabia, which has the largest oil reserves on the planet.

Yes, and i am too lazy to bring up sources today. But, that's even more interesting to see more of these formerly lapdogs standing up and do whatever they want to do for the best of their own country and not someone's else one.

Putin is nothing more than a fascist criminal.

And this is because he is doing what is in best interests for Russia and not becoming another lapdog of USA?

You may want to look up the definition of innocent.

Unless that is, you consider a nation that fires surface to air missiles at jets patrolling agreed upon no fly zones to be innocent.

Afghanistan? Innocent? You're kidding right?

What was the reason again to invade Iraq? please tell me the official one again, I might have forgotten that one.

And have you guys found in those caves of Afghanistan so far?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
Okay.

I am most likely representing the views of many more non-Americans, and not even in China and certain topics addressed on, not only the liberal lefts of your country, who by the way ironically will try to strangle me when it comes down to certain other topics. For each of those "rhetorics" for both anti-China or anti-USA one can make essays and write books about. Nobody in the world is independently minded, nobody. However, you do have open minded and closed minded people. You always have a certain opinion and viewpoints on certain topics. But to be ignorant enough to believe that your opponent in the debate is simply a brainwashed propagandists, that is simply admitting that guy is not at least open minded enough to listen. This critic is not to you jason, but to many many many many others in ATS.

Jason, I HATE it when I see yet another simply anti-China crusader popping up here and there, and try to make the world believe it is China who caused all the incredible mess in your own country. And today is such a day that maybe I should not have come to these kinds of boards.

And for your information, which you will not hear much in USA:
- the Chinese press (equivalent to leaders?) praised the American donation of 500K USD.
- the Chinese press was grateful to receiving Satellite spy high-resolution pictures from the Pentagon
- the Chinese press even made praises for Bush's sympathy and condolences.
- the Chinese press also is praising the relief supplies received from the Americans
- the Chinese press is still praising the Western and worldwide media for the supports shown.
- and the Chinese press is ignoring the anti-China rhetorics and bashing from many Western media and individuals, even popping up on a daily base.

Let's hope that you guys will get a better leader soon with a change in a less agressive foreign policy so we can live peacefully next together.

[edit on 19/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Did you ever hear the joke about the Aliens that land in a midwestern state? They get out, and a farmer is there to greet them. "Take me to your leader." they say, and the farmer pauses for just a second. Motioning them to follow, he leads them into his living room, and shows them the t.v.

We are what we consume, no matter where you live.

And Fyi, these are just a few of the links on my address bar...
english.people.com.cn...
www.thestandard.com.hk...
www.japantimes.co.jp...
www.bbc.co.uk...
www.smh.com.au...

Just so you know...

[edit on 19-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The US didn't do this to try and get China to point its nukes elsewhere, and I doubt they expect China to drop any US debts for it. It's a gesture of goodwill and a show of what the US does best; humanitarian aid.

Everyone hates the US when they take lives, then hates them some more when they save lives! Can't you just see this event as a 'good' thing rather than bickering about who they're going to invade next?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Yes, I heard that one tomahawk cruise missile costs 1 million USD
and all the relief supplies you sent to China costs only 0.7 million USD
If I were American, I would try to stop US government sabre rattling
all over the world. that is the best way to save money.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by gs001]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join