It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I remember you...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by jimmyjackblack

Love is the most difficult emotion to describe. The absence of someone you love is equivalent to spending time in hell. The removal of that presence that person who just by being there makes one's blood feel as if it's filled with electricity is something that can erode the soul.

Love of someone outside yourself constitutes the greatest of all human capacity. The fondness of their touch, the warmth of their breath, the sound of their heartbeat when you lay your head on their chest is something that cannot be described in mere words.

The tragedy is when because of outside circumstances the love you once held is taken from you. This will corrode the will of the mightiest person and decimate the very fiber of what protects our heart.

Love has rendered mountains to dust and kept the pyramids alive in a breath. Love had made and destroyed kings and made paupers the richest men in the world. Love has turned the most honorable men to thieves and has caused criminals to reform. Love is the mightiest force in the universe withstanding all things but as delicate as a butterfly's wings.

For with love all things are possible. To take it away would cause oblivion to be preferred to heaven.

...Ok, but that doesn't really answer my question about why break up if your going to just be further from her.

Why break up with someone because of distance?
That makes no sense to me. Was the relationship based on distance? If the answer is no, then distance is no issue, you would still love each other.

This I'd still like to know, but in my personal opinion, I think you were infatuated with her (just from what you stated), not really in love. Do you break all ties off with your parents because you are away from them (don't know if this analogy is applicable, lets pretend it is if it isn't)? Do you break all ties with your best bud ever just because of distance? You see there is nothing that truely seperates you other than yourself from that person. I have people I love and will love forever nomatter the fights we get into or the distance that seperates us. If you really loved her I wouldn't think you would break up just because you would be away from each other for a few years. Also, one thing to meditate on is, love is not an emotion, it is an action (not that kind of action) if you love someone, you sacrifice for them, sometimes you sacrifice everything. Love is sacrifice, not goosebumps or a warm feeling inside or excitment to see someone, love takes work too, too many people break up or get divorces because they don;t like something that the other person did, you gotta remember that ya'll are two different people, individuals, so things aren't always done the same, ya'll also have different moods and temperments, so that is something to think of too.

Well I hope I gave you some good advice, I fell like I did.

-Jimmy

<< 1   >>

join