It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sometimey friends

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
any of yall have those kinda friends (online or off, it don't really matter) that one minute it seems yall are really cool and vibing then all the sudden they try and act like they don't want you around or act like something about you irks them? so you leave their house thinking..hmm i guess they don't really like me.

then like 3 days later they call ya really really wanting you to hang out with em, or when ya see em out they're all like "hey guy, glad to see ya!!" but you can't help but suspect they're being fake as hell.

this
really really bugs me. i'm thinking..if we're as cool as you say we are, you could at least be like well sorry man i dont want no company today. yall know what im saying?

it's like you can't figure out how they REALLY feel about ya because while you're around em they're indeed being receptive to ya...but at the same time their whole vibe is one of..get the
away from me.

*shrugs* ppl like them are the reason why i have the sig i have. i'm also aware that this wasn't much of a rant..(well to me it wasnt) but i felt this was the appropriate spot to put it.

later....

[edit on 18-5-2008 by LordInfamous]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, err, my world. Lots of fake people out there. While they try to come off as friendly and try as they might, I'm sure there comes a down time when they don't wanna be around for long. But I know what you mean. Off and on. Here one day, gone the next. It's life and it happens. People are not perfect. Away cooties!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

yeah. you're right about that, ppl damn sure ain't perfect.

i don't know it just really me bugs that while you're around the ppl i mentioned you can clearly tell they got some kind of problem with you..but they tiptoe around addressing it by being nice to ya or making little remarks.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
maybe they had an off day.. or maybe just being arsey!

I did tell you an example in chat, balls to them. Life is complicated enough without all drama of other people.

Cheers
Oni x x

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
maybe they had an off day.. or maybe just being arsey!

yeah...maybe i need to start putting that into consideration from now.

coo avi by the way

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I tend to do that with my some of my friends.

They get pissed cause I never answer my phone (I usually only call when I feel like it) and I usually only like to hang out when I want to.

Sometimes I wont talk to them like for a month and then I'll just decide to call them one day.

They're cool with it though. I don't do it on purpose, sometimes I'm just busy doing my own thing and I guess I'm just selfishly independent.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I know exactly the kinda people you refer to LordInfa and they're the reason I only have a few people in my life. I am very selective bout who I hang out with and who I invite into my world.

Sometimey people

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LordInfamous

I like to call my sometimey friends fair weather friends. I live where it's starting to really warm up and it will be in the high 80's this week.

Funny, all the people who weren't around during the winter are now crawling out of the woodwork to enjoy the swimming pool I have!

They never show up when it's time to brush down the pool, or vacuum it, only when it's perfectly clean. I think they know my schedule on cleaning the pool, so I'm going to switch! I figure if they all want to use it, then can help clean it, too!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Not quite the same as having a pool, but I own a truck. Every time someone moves or buys a piece of furniture, I get a phone call. While I don't mind helping people out, I resent those that I only hear from when they need the truck. I have found a way to make myself feel better, though. Now I tell those sometimey folks that they can borrow my vehicle, but I make sure it's on empty when they pick it up and I have some sort of plans that require me to be unavailable to assist in the actual moving. Is that passive-aggressive?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by miesian corners

Haaa, that's hilarious... Oh the cleverness of you.

top topics

join