It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystal Skulls..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I am just now learning of the discovery of these ancient crystal skulls.From what I'm reading there is an ancient Mayan legend that tells of the skulls able to save the wolrld from a catastrophe. (link to 2012 ?) What amaizes me that Hewlett -Packard's crystal research laboratories were unable to find any sign of tool etchings. www.youtube.com... english.pravda.ru... Tonight at 8pm central the SCIFI-Channel will be airing a 1 hr. special on this.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by L.HAMILTON]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

If you are looking for further information, have you checked out this site:

www.mitchell-hedges.com...

This was phenomenal, as the only hand-carving techniques for crystal currently known take an incredible length of time. The scientists could only assume that the skull had been carved by slowly and patiently rubbing the original block of quartz down by hand, probably using a mixture of river sand and water. Even with the use of copper rods or hand-held carving ‘bows’, the team concluded that the crystal skull must have taken several generations of effort to carve! Whilst the precise length of time this had taken was impossible to confirm, the Hewlett-Packard staff magazine Measure put the nearest estimate at ‘300 man-years of effort’!

good thread!
H

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Here is some more on them.

For example, several of ancient skulls have been brought to Hewlett-Packard, located in the San Francisco area. Hewlett- Packard (HP), long known as a manufacturer of printers and computer systems, has one of the most extensive scientific and crystal research laboratories in the world. The scientist working at HP, who had a chance to work with some of these ancient crystal skulls were hard pressed to explain how a primiitve culture could have carved crystal into such precise shapes and especially against the natural axis of the crystal without the use of sophisticated tools.

Crystal is a substance that has a perfect symmetry of alignment on a molecular level. When a carver cuts crystal, if they attempt to carve against this axis, the crystal begins to shatter. Even with the elaborate laser equipment that is available today, it would be very difficult to manufacture such a Crystal Skull that is so precise and fashioned against the natural symmetry of the crystal.
www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
This sounds like a massive commercial. This benefits the new Indiana Jones movie and gets HP's name out there. I heard somewhere this was a hoax and they were made in Europe. Although, there were crappy vaguely detailed skulls actually from the Mayans, these fancy ones are newer. Who knows, it's on now though.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Wikipedia on Crystal Skulls

Probably not the best source of info in the world, but it still trumps YouTube and Russian tabloids ten times out of ten for legitimate info.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Jshock

I quite like this site,

www.crystalskulls.us...

it also shows stone skulls and some fake crystal ones.

The skull has also been linked (suprise, suprise!) to Atlantis!

skepdic.com...

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Havalon]

new topics

top topics

join