It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing any unusual animal activity?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
DGTempe...'she looks up into space alot and meows'.
I've been going to the front door when my dogs get their bowels in an uproar and see...nothing. That is disconcerting.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Double post. My apologies. Fat fingers.

[edit on 5/20/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I found this article very interesting, snippet and link below :

BEIJING (AP) - First, the water level in a pond inexplicably plunged. Then, thousands of toads appeared on streets in a nearby province. Finally, just hours before China's worst earthquake in three decades, animals at a local zoo began acting strangely.

www.livescience.com...

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Restlessness. Irritability. Recklessness. Sort of a distracted attitude.

wow my dog's been like that too. The squirrels and birds in my area have been acting strange as well. My brother and i were talking about it last night . . . so strange to see a topic on it here at ats, from an OP that lives across the country. But alas, it may all be a coincidence.

[edit on 5/20/2008 by JPhish]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   
You have to wonder though. Earthquakes that large only happy once every hundred years or so (at least).

China has had several, and one that even killed more people in 1976.

It doesn't compute for me and I studied Earth Science too.

I think it may be more of a coincidence that China was doing underground Nuclear testing using the "Tunnel Shot" method in 1976. They have stepped up digging recently (before the Earthquake) in aims to build their underground military network before going after Taiwan (something they wanted achieved no later than 2008).

Now China is worried about their underground Nuclear Reactors leaking and are looking at those to make sure they do not.

Also, do not forget, the areas of these quakes are never near Beijing, but quite far from there.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Perhaps you are right jetxnet. I can only hope you are. It would seem 70,000 + dead in China, a week after 300k in Mynamar dead or close to in is somewhat of a spooky coincedence.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Maybe so, those numbers are quite inflated though.

The Mynamar Cyclone hasn't been a pattern like the China quakes. Granted, China does have fault lines, but so does most everywhere. Another thing too, there were no tremors. The quake just came out of nowhere basically. A huge quake always has tremors leading up to the big one.

Underground digging with hundreds of miles of man-made tunnels and Nuclear testing should be stopped anyway. They create seismic blast waves each time rocks are broke apart, causing a reverberation throughout the Earth's crust in that region.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Inflated dead. Tell that to their loved ones. Bring out your dead. I feel fine 'really'. No two ways about it. Tragedies.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
I found this article very interesting, snippet and link below :

BEIJING (AP) - First, the water level in a pond inexplicably plunged. Then, thousands of toads appeared on streets in a nearby province. Finally, just hours before China's worst earthquake in three decades, animals at a local zoo began acting strangely.

www.livescience.com...

That is an interesting article, but even if quakes could be fairly well predicted a couple days before, where would all those people and animals go? How would they know a safe area from an unsafe area? And the mass panic created from a warning in a heavily populated area especially might be as bad or worse than the quake itself. JMO.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have to say, I have also noticed weird behavior in birds and one of my dogs, the sensitive one that I call my lifeguard. He has been very clingy and restless over the past several days. There has also been 2 different dog attacks in the DFW metro area. I am aware that this could all just be due to the mating season, but I am always outside in the yard watching the birds and soaking up nature, and it seems that I would have noticed this same behavior before. The dogs around us have also been barking excessively and fighting more but only in the last week or so. Last Friday at work I was looking out the window when a huge hawk flew at the window over and over. He was probably just reacting to his own reflection but for some reason, I had the feeling that he was not quite right in the head. This hawk is always around sitting on top of the building looking into the field. I would think that he would be used to the building and his reflection. I don't know, I just find it odd that I would just be noticing this after all these years.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Well, maybe the really big one is coming, since these reports are all over the country (the usa). I think the California earthquake that is a matter of when, not if, is big enough that it could send underground waves several states away ahead of time. I live in Tornado Alley but somehow the thought of that Calif. quake would scare me a lot. I don't think I could live there comfortably.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bumbeni

Animals can feel and sense things that we normally can't, so as far as animals go they would sense where the the danger was coming from and know which way would be safe to go. Which is what the frogs were doing, trying to get to safety.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I live in Mississippi. Im glad I found this forum. The dogs here are going nuts. Bees are dropping dead. Something big is happening. My dog has NEVER chased cars EVER today he decided to attack the side of a truck and almost got run over.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Animals sense subtle changes around them.
Perhaps they sense the 4th dimension slowly phasing in
or the start of a pole shift in our planet.
Just guessing here obviously.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Do you think this strange increase in animal activity may have anything to do with it being SUMMER? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I'm only going back tp page 6 but haven't any of you realized something.

AnonymousATS in every post lives in a different area.

In one post he lived in Atlanta, then Florida, Corpus Christi, North Carolina, Tennessee, Nebraska, Texas.

Am I missing something here or are you guys?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Lol observe50 Those are people who post without logging in.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Yah I think that Anonymous Posting thing was something they just started recently so don't feel bad lots of other people were accusing ATS of having some robot on here to bump threads and stuff.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
when i was younger driving with my mom and grandma to Target, i said "waht if a bird flew into the van" and not a min. later a bird flew into the van.. the window was only open a inch or two. i just figured everyone talking about weird animal expirences i'd share this one..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I thought I would add a link to our thread regarding alternative methods for predicting seismic activity because we discuss precursor animal behavior in depth.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join