It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing any unusual animal activity?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

By the way did you read my post, is your cat spayed/neutered?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Here in north Texas my two dogs have both been acting diffrently for about a week now. Binky ( a Chihuahua) Is normally aggresive towards strangers and other animals and likes to be left alone. The past week he has been very friendly to strangers and animals. He is seemingly more nervous than usual and is very clingy.

Roman ( a basset hound/yellow lab mix) Is normally very playful and very friendly. He gets along with everbody and everything. When he's in the backyard he usually runs all around and plays. Lately he has been walking in circles around the outside edge of my back yard. He will do that for 5-10 minutes than want back in. He has also become somewhat reclusive.

Ive always heard that animals can since when something is wrong or when something is going to happen. Ive heard that there behavior will change like this.

Also, Since I consider humans animals I want to add, I have been having a weird feeling the past few days that something big bad and huge is going to happen. Im notreally psychic or anything although I can usually tell whos calling before I answer my phone( with out caller id)

I wonder if mabye my dogs are just picking up on my vibes and they are simply responding to my felling that something is going to happen...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
yeah the insects are out in full force here in town.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I have neighbors on four sides of my house. Usually only a little one across the street barks. But all 7 dogs in my vicinity have been barking non-stop outside lately. Could just be mating season though.

I'll pay more attention to other animals in next day or so repost.

I live in Nebraska.

ps almost forgot a black bear was caught wandering through a rural community here and hole itself up in a barn. They had to kill it. It's been in the news because black bears are pretty unheard of in Nebraska.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Been seeing some unusual animal species in my area as of late. Don't know why, but armadillos, scorpions and alligators aren't native to Tennessee, as far as I know. Scorpions can be found daily around here, they pulled a 4 foot gator out of a lake near me, and I see dead armadillos on the road every day. I've also noticed an increase in Dolomedes fishing spiders the last two summers. In case you've never seen one, they are sometimes mistaken for tarantulas. Big, ugly black suckers with a body as big as a half-dollar.

As far as weird animal activity, there have been birds inside the local Wal-Mart every day. Nobody knows how they're getting in, but they've taken up residence in the roof supports.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Its really not my cat, its my sons' and I dont know.
I hope she doesnt get pregnant
I'm highly allergic to this kitty as it is, just taking care of it for him until i can take the cat to Florida.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

It would be wise to find out, someone gave me a cat, and she was already pregnant, she had 9 kittens!! haha.

How to tell if your cat is in heat.
www.answerbag.co.uk...
cats.about.com...

[edit on 20-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
FYI-

A guest on Coast to Coast just said that due to frogs found in California and pets missing, and acting strange, he predicts a better than a 4.0 by the 22nd.

BTW, he's hit it right before.

Frogs?

I'm afraid that would do it for me. I can convulse just by lookng at one

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I find it very strange that so many areas are all having so many strange things going on..

As for the birds attacking each other yes they will do that this time of year the ospreay are ready to protect their hunting grounds and their nesting area.

The grasshoppers will run in cycels I think it is every 14 years they are thicker.

But the earth quake thing is getting much worse. A 5.7 hit russia at the edge of the plate and the thing is it was over threehundred miles deep. That is very deep we will be seeing some major things go on for a spell if we watch.

The cat is a trip as all cats are just how cats are.

The really strange part of this post is the word I must enter to post it is one of my sour points.. Iran Contra my gosh who is running thie place???

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I am in Arizona, and it is hot here now, and I love it when the grasshoppers come out. There were 3 by my front door when I came home last night, and I consider it very lucky.

I remember apartment hunting with my ex about a decade ago or so around this time of year and when I got out of the car the ground was covered with grasshoppers- I mean covered, as in you were afraid to walk, and they would hop all over. I think it must be the time of year when they molt, or change stages, or do whatever it is that grasshoppers do.

As far as my cats, I have not noticed any weird activity- they are indoor only, and they sleep, play and beg just like they always have.

To DGTEMPE (I think)- why don't hispanic people like cats? I have never heard that before.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Wait, a 4.0 quake in Cali by the 22nd? Of May? That's in, like, 3 days!

Also- you might want to call your son and find out if kitty is spayed, because if she is not and she is going outside she will be. Period. One of my cats came from a home in which the owners had not had a chance to spay their cat (who was only a few months old at the time and was kept inside), had a friend watch her when they went away, and the cat escaped and came back pregnant- had 6 kittens. The AZ Humane Society and both animal control locations still do very low cost spays and neuters, I think. Oh, and have her vaccinated for feline leukemia and feline AIDS (not transferable to humans) if your son hasn't already done so.

Sorry for the off-topic rant, but I used to volunteer with a no-kill organization that takes cats and dogs off the euthanasia lists at the pounds, and I take the overpopulation problem very seriously. Plus you said you are not used to cats and are allergic.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Your cat staring up into space is not normal unless it's being held by you up in the air either upside down or right side up, but yet again, that's when you hold them, and since you're not a cat person,. then you'll find out that it's usually some kind of auditory disturbance that causes them to do that, but there is one thing I would suggest if this behavior keeps up and that is checking for an ear infection or mites in the cat's ear canal..When they have these they hear a crackling noise inside their heads and sometimes a high pitch squeal which is the same bug doing damage in their ears..Hope you check itr out in your new found cat..

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Strange reports from most of you. My two dogs are behaving normally as far as I can tell, and other than seeing lots of baby ducks around nothing seems wrong around here.

I'll keep my eyes open though.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

I really dont know. I lived in Arizona and you cant even mention a cat to a Mexican! I've been to Puerto Rico and never really saw any.
I was born in Cuba and i dont recall seeing a cat.
Dogs, yes!
I dont have problems with cats, except for allergies, that's all. This one i'm taking care of is very loving!

I may be wrong, but they're not big on cats!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

Wait, a 4.0 quake in Cali by the 22nd? Of May? That's in, like, 3 days!
Yes, just keep this information in mind. It may be nothing, or it could be something.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   
I'm in Ontario, Canada. Recently my dogs have been acting odd, barking at seemingly nothing and just generally acting very uneasy. Being from Atlantic Canada, it's the sort of behaviour we call 'gailing', and it usually happens when theres a storm brewing.

Concerning birds, I've noticed the local gulls almost playing chicken with the oncoming vehicles on the street I live on. About a week ago I was on the highway and a small bird of prey, maybe a falcon or hawk - I'm no bird expert, was doing the same. It was pretty unusual.

Maybe theres something to this?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
My 3 cats have been acting strange as well. I have especially noticed that they act strange around the same time as the recent earthquakes. I want to mention that I have always noticed them acting strangely the day or so before and after a full moon each month. We are at full moon right now. But I certainly noticed some stranger than usual activity recently. Certain cats seem to react differently than others but at least two of mine are "full moon howlers" as I call them.

I'll define the strange behavior of my cats as very hyperactive and odd behavior or as I call it, "crazy kitty". This includes running around the house with longer bursts of energy than they would exhibit during an energy burst or playtime. I also see them climbing up on top of kitchen cabinets, shower stall doors during this crazy running routine (not the norm) and howling to the door. Since I have indoor cats that never do any of these things normally (except during occasional energy bursts or "crazy kitty" as I put it).

I have come to the conclusion that they are sensitive to certain things for some reason be it the full moon, gravitational pull and perhaps earthquakes far away (I am in Florida so not close to these events).

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
like 2 weeks ago my cat just dissapeard...ive been outside every day looking for him/ traces of him, and have found nothing so far, he never wanders off and usually stays near the front door all day, we live out in the country, theres about 25 acres we live on, most of it is orchard, also, my bedroom is being invaded by maple-leaf beetles and giant ants

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
We noticed today that large numbers of ants are all over the place, everywhere we looked in the yard they are trailing, but we can't find an anthill anywhere! Also, the birds are singing and very active at night right now. Weird.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
My two dogs are a bit more clingy than usual. I have been a bit unnerved lately. Lots of stuff to digest in a short period of time. So many dead, injured, and homeless. Sigh.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join