It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing any unusual animal activity?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Interesting, I was trying to make connections with the animals and earthquakes and as I read all written here I wonder if we might be dealing with a couple different things.

When I read one post something hit me and it never occurred to me but I took note awhile back that the birds were chirping during the night and I looked at the clock and thought why are they STILL chirping past 2 in the morning. I was thinking they normally are quiet until that early bird gets the worm time around 4ish. I must be getting ancient before it just occurred to me we hired an exterminator because all kinds of critters have been attemting to get in the house. Ants, bees, mice, we even have a squirrel that basically knocks at the back door for his/her peanuts.

I'm in PA

I think there might be something more then even I thought and I think it would do with frequency and vibrations they can pick up also as suggested earlier by someone on this thread.

I suggest we all be alert.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I can't believe I have been reading this all day and just now remembered something. I have lived in Oklahoma for 50 years, my whole life. Native to this area is a spider called "Brown Recluse" -- it is a very bad spider, it eats away the skin, creates a horrible ulcer in over half of the bites. I had never seen one in my whole life until this past winter. And, I saw them three times. The first one was in a bathtub, the second one was actually crawling up my leg while I was watching tv, and the third one bit me in the armpit last January. Luckily I am one of the fortunate victims who had a relatively mild reaction, although the sore is still there and bothers me off and on. Needless to say I have bombed my house at least 5 times now, I am very paranoid about them. Well this story probably doesn't really connect with this other stuff but I already typed it so I'm just gonna post it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Something is hapening,the web is full of strange behavior of animals lately.
I seen reports from U.S., U.K., Australia,
It seems like it is world wide,but not in every region.
In Baltics where I live we dont have anything weird.
More insects yes,but not so many to say its weird.
Intesity of birds in urabn areas has been rising,but I cant tell is it normal or not, because I neverd payd an atention to that!!!
Keep in Touch!!!!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

AGREED!!! Cats are very sensitive to quakes, and will run around, hide, or jump on furniture just before a quake occurs. I keep a close eye on our 2 cats every day just for this very reason..

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I think it is good to post anything unusual you experience this way we might be able to connect things that happen in certain areas.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
For the record I have not noticed any weird animal things lately. I now reside in Southern Saskatchewan, Canada.

I see a lot of animals in my line of work and everything seems normal.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chise61
reply to post by hypervigilant

My dogs have been acting really strange and extremely needy lately. I can't seem to do anything without them being right next to me. If it's nice and i go to sit on the porch they all sit by the window and cry and moan start barking, not barking at something more like cry barking like they're telling me to come back inside with them.

My son lives upstairs and there have been a couple times recently, when i go someplace, that my son or daughter-in-law has called me & telling me that the dogs are HOWLING & ramming against the door like they're trying to break it down. They've been barking at nothing lately, at least nothing that i can hear. Also when i let them out back they just stand there and stare at something that i can't see.

This behaviour is not normal for them. I've also noticed that all the dogs in the nieghborhood seem to be really vocal lately. I'm in Chicago, we had an earthquake in this area a few weeks back, maybe we're gonna have another one.

As far as wild animals, i've noticed when passing the forest preserves the deer are just right out in the open sometimes, standing along the edge of the road, lots of them, not the norm.

They also killed a cougar in the city last month, mountain lions in Chicago, that is definitely strange.

I'm also in Chicago. Our dog has become needier than normal (she's usually pretty needy so it's hard to judge) and spends even more time cringing and hiding, which she normally does during thunderstorms or when fireworks are going off (loud noises scare her terribly). Her cringing has become more pronounced, even during walks she suddenly slinks down for no reason and wants to go home.

Also our cats have been acting odd... One is more affectionate than ever, and more vocal (she almost never speaks). The other seems determined to leave. She actually leaped up and grabbd the screen door with her claws while I was on the back porch the other night; she hung there for a few moments scrabbling at the door wih her back legs before dropping back down.

All our animals are spayed.

A few weeks ago I saw a possum across the street in broad daylight at around 8am. He very casually wandered from the neighbor's front yard to the back several times, then on down the street he went as if he was going to Target for sundries. Very odd, that.

We went back to our hometown last weekend for Mother's Day and I noticed a lot more dead critters beside the road than normal for the area. Mainly raccoons--LOTS of raccoons, and some dead squirrels.

One other thing I've noticed: Usually by now the night skies are full of nighthawks, and I can hear their cries early in the evening when they take wing to hunt for bugs. So far this year I've seen few insects, and there are no nighthawks yet.

I'm starting to wonder.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I recall something about when the UK had a quake earlier this year:

That night, I was outside looking at the stars. ( @ 11pm-ish...) My neighbour breeds budgies & has an aviary in his garden. His birds are usually very quiet at night, but on this occasion they were going crackers; like they were trying to escape. Now even though I live 100+ miles away from the epi, they could still sense something was wrong.

This is something we can't ignore..

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
In my area there is a significant decrease in the number of insects, especially bees. I remember times when I could see swarms of insects around the city. But now it is even hard to find a single flee. THat`s a bit strange to me.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by NoInfoAvailable]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
My Dog Has Been Acting Out Of Character As Well Lately . He Wants To Constantly Be Close To Myself And The Wife .He Cant Sit Still For More Than A Few Seconds .Seems Very Uneasy For Some Reason . Birds Around Here Seem To Vocalize Real Early In The Morning .2am -4am . A'lot Of Dead wildlife on the roads . Around My Area I am Somewhat In The Country and have always heard the coyote population yipping and calling to their packs .But I have noticed that I have'nt heard them lately and THAT is strange because they are all around here always . I have a few neigbors down the road from me that have quite a few horse's,so I think I'll ask them if they have noticed them acting strangely lately . Animals have a real keen sense at picking up vibrations from the earth and given all the increased earthquake activity around the United States and the world I think we might just get hit by a BIG one..Just now on the New's they were mentioning that ZOO animals have been breaking out of their enclosures and causeing panic ? Has Anyone Noticed zoo animals acting strangely ?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
reply to post by OptionToChoose

About that white object, I have seen something the last 3 mornings on my way in from work, which is around 715 am EST, my hubby saw it too, it was a long white object in the sky. Like an airplane with no wings. Is that anything like what you are seeing?

Sorry 'bout the delay, just now checking back in ... this unidentified floating object had kind of a roundish look to it, but not the classic saucer effect, tho it was so high up it was hard to exactly identify the specific shape. I've had this same sighting once before, and I also watch the "that's-Venus"-but-it-really-isn't 'stars' twinkle around dusk in the western skies quite often (and sometimes in the eastern sky, and overhead). I've noticed one around 5 am in the south-eastern sky, beautiful light-lemon hue, extremely bright, not really pulsating, but seems to visibly move more than just the processional.

Actually, since people either don't believe me (I've had people stand with me and actually watch them pulsate and move about, and they still doubt), or are too afraid to admit that we in fact do not know everything that's going on around us, I gave up being shocked myself. Just another ET/BlackOps/WhoKnowsWTF evening...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here in SoCal theres a big boom in the population of black widow spiders and these big black beetles, maybe stink beetles? not too sure, my sense of smell is poor. It seems that last summer this wasnt the case.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

Of course for weeks and days leading up to most earthquakes... animals including the ones right before China's quake, went off the wall. It is possible that west coast areas need to brace for one themselves. I'm very frightened by this news... having my whole family on the West Coast and me being here in NYC. Just prepare y'all...I'm superstitious and I fell "it" might just all start collapsing to bits.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
There's no honeybees in my illicit guerrilla poppy garden this year.

So I had to cross-pollinate all the weenies with the pollen from the big bad arse poppy .. king of the garden, lol.

And last time i got into the thick of my garden i found a deer tick on my lower back 2 days later under my .. elastic strap on my under-shorts. I got him off but .. i had immediate itchiness, then just an extremely tiny little bump show up, and its already going away. im taking a round of antibiotics i had saved and didnt take after a previous sickness, and using topical triple antibiotic ointment on it incase it did have Lyme disease and I started to get infected. This is what us poor young americans with no healthcare do when things like this happen because we cant afford an emergency room visit and the prescriptions. This is the treatment they do if you catch Lyme disease and you notice immediately anyway, and its' supposed to beat off the Lyme disease causing bacteria, killing it.

There's also a connection between Lyme disease sufferers and Morgellon's sufferers, but thats another topic.

The birds are all acting weird too, but its probably nest making season and they are raiding and attacking each other, flying and fighting and mating. some species steal eggs or kill chicks ..

The squirrels are acting normal. There's no bees as i said. Not many ants here at the moment either. But weve been getting rained out. There's spiders and fleas ..

[edit on 5/19/2008 by runetang]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
Here in SoCal theres a big boom in the population of black widow spiders and these big black beetles, maybe stink beetles? not too sure, my sense of smell is poor. It seems that last summer this wasnt the case.

Yea those widows are everywhere. I have to be careful when I roll up a hose or take out the garbage at night. My home has a perimeter of black widows where the wood meets the foundation. They seem to be afraid of me more than I of them so I haven't gone on a black widow killing spree yet. I am more afraid of what the black widows eat.

Other than that, my cat has been eating lizards whole then puking them up in locations where people tend to walk but I always thought my cat was a little funny in the head.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I am really reticient to add to this growing paranoia, but you know how you notice something odd in an off-hand sort of way, but then put it out of your mind?

Well, it took this thread to sort of solidify it.

I've notice lots of birds sort of diving very close to the ground near my car, almost as if they're oblivious to my vehicle. I haven't hit any yet, but have come darn close.

And while Georgia is no stranger to wild roadkills, I've really seen an uptick in roadway carnage. And not just from the usual -- but some downright strange animals, including some giant rats, an armadillo (go figure we have those here) and certainly an oppossum or two.

The disconcerting thing is this seems to be worldwide. Either this is in response to the China quake and subsequent aftershocks, or we're possibly in for something bigger.

What also scares me are the other disasters animals can be privvy to, up and including the onset of war (see many papers written about strange animal behavior during the runup to Iraq II and even WWII).

[edit on 5/19/2008 by behindthescenes]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Just a thought -

Does any of this correlate with unseasonal weather .....

G L O B A L W A R M I N G .........

It's kinda hotting up here !

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
How about chemtrails.

All signs point to atmospheric poisoning.

Missing bees, dying birds, dying trees, bizzare animal behavior, increase anger and disease in humans.

Just like the canary in the coal mine.

Will it bee too late, when people decide
to wake up?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Down here at Al./Fla. line, several months of strange acting critters, especially at night. Also, I guess these are maybe frogs I am hearing(we have a pond), but it is a different sound that I have always heard all my life. It is louder(many of them are making noise) and like a hard clicking sound?? I don't know how to explain the sound exactly, but it isn't the sounds I am use to . Also, the owls will get crazy some nights. It seems they are hooting back and forth to each other something that is seriously urgent! Few weeks ago, daytime, riding down my road , almost home, I hear a loud bang on passenger side, then I see feathers floating all around me in front seat. My window on other side was only opened less than halfway. I look over there and there was the most prettiest red cardinal laying perfectly on top of some folded clothes in the seat, not banged up or messy, but dead! It flew into my car(like someone said earlier about acting suicidal). When I got home I told my husband about it and he said the day before that a cardinal flew into his truck and died. I was afraid to ask around what it meant when your family members are having suicidal cardinals run into them. My bulldog gets freaked outside at night now. She use to love going out at night and we would stay out an hour roaming around. She stares at things in the sky. They hear something we don't, and they don't like it. I read that dogs can smell electricity also. I think there is electromagnetic fields everywhere out here in my area. The birds hang around the power lines more than I have ever noticed before, and they chirp at night like it is the first day of spring. They don't seem to start until it has been dark for awhile. I see dead birds laying around more now. Hardly and grasshoppers. Wood bees are not around now. That is very strange. Lightening bugs have been gone from here from last year. I haven't seen any butterflies. Something bad wrong on that one. There is definitely something going on and if all would just watch outside in the LATE hours of night, you will hear, see, maybe smell and taste strange things. You will sense' it, too. There are strange things in the sky at that time of night, which is probably what is stirring up the critters. If my big bad bulldog is freaked out at something in the sky, well, my common sense tells me to not ignore it. Sorry this post is so long but all these things that have been going on around here, have me spooked. You can just sense things aren't right when you go outside in the night! Oh yeah, this might sound nutty but have you ever just looked at the yard/street lights for a few minutes at night ? Just watch them? I swear, they seem to come alive or something. No, I'm not an alcoholic nor a drug addict. Try it one late night when ya can't fall asleep. It seems like all electrical things (maybe just outside?) act strange at nighttime.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I think it is a good idea to watch the night skies. I know that UFO's have a tendency to go to areas where something is about to happen those little buggers monitor and record everything, I mean everything.

Fox had a segment on earlier about the Orangutans one broke out I believe of a Florida? Zoo and one from a LA Zoo as a member mentioned in an earlier post.

I think we are full Moon tonight.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join