It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone noticing any unusual animal activity?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

After reading more than a few I had to respond. There is an increase in unusual biird activity here as well. Birds are flying very low and seemingly oblivious of cars on a direct collision course. What if they are drawn to the lines of elecmag lines like when they fly south. Our dogs are also very needy and shaken by something. I don't like the signs. Anyone know about the little Portugal girls prophecies. Also, has anyone noticed how the world superpower and its chief allie Bush and Pope/ Blair converting) England have both turned tight towards the catholic church. Im a catholic and i dont like the ramifications, getting our ducks in order for something big.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Here is the article about the frogs in California
Frogs Invade Rosedale

They're small. they hop, and their new home is this neighborhood off Calloway Drive.

Some travel in large groups, while others prefer to double up.

It's been going on for about two weeks now and folks who live here at getting a little jumpy as their frog friends hop and swim from house to house.

Bryant Loke said, "You'd see cars go by, and see them slinging up frogs like they were rocks."

The frogs have been migrating from a drainage sump in the area, and have literality spread out through this entire neighborhood.

Did toads predict the earthquake

[Two days before the quake thousands of toads suddenly decided to move across a bridge in Taizhou, a town in the Jiangsu province (see photos). Chinese web users are wondering why the local authorities didn't relate the event to the imminence of an earthquake, and why scientists didn't take notice of the bizarre disappearance of a lake in Enshi, in the Hubei province, on April 26 (see photos).

[edit on 19-5-2008 by whoreallyknows]

[edit on 19-5-2008 by whoreallyknows]

Mod Edit: Fixed ex tags.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
all this strange animal business is making me a bit worried!

i live in California, and frequently visit a few friends that live in Santa Cruz. they literally live about a block away from a beach called Natural Bridges. anyways, for the past few weeks there has been this one tree where birds sing non stop all night.

it will start about midnight and keep going all throughout the night. the weird thing is...it's only this one tree. we adventured down the block to see if other birds were being weird, but it was only that one spot.

are there some birds that naturally sing at night?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Here is a article that may curl your toes.

National Geographic reports on animals and earthquakes.

news.nationalgeographic.com...

If possible when posting your animals behavior post the geographical area you live in.

ie. Montana near the NW Rockies

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
umm I have no idea what this site is but speaking of cats, first of all I hate cats, except my bf sister siamese cat, anyways a couger was shot down in chicago! No one knows how it got there either.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Just to update, my sons cat (which i now have for awhile) has a routine and let me tell you tonight, that cat came in the house and i swear it was trying to tell me something! It kept speaking, whinning, going around in circles,wouldnt eat, sat in the middle ofthe living room looking miserable and i kept saying whats wrong..
I said you want to go out? she came over and kept going around my feet non stop
after awhile i opened the door and she took off and hasnt come back yet.

As i said im not too used to cats, but i've had her now for 2 months and she's never acted this way.

I cant comfort her because i am having terrible allergy attacks with her here, otherwise i'd pick her up and give her some loving.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by dgtempe]

How old is the cat? is it female? and has it been spayed? if not it might mean she is in heat.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I would watch to see which way they are coming from and which way they were headed.

I would have a plan ready to leave my location in the same direction if possible that they are.

I am taken back a little about Tennessee and Florida, I thought this was a western thing more so... Cal. Oregon, NV maybe mid-west Illinois, Indiana etc. but West Virginia had a small one last week

I have seen on the IRIS map quakes appearing where they normally don't but they aren't all that big 4 to 5

Let us know if your pets behavior goes back to normal or gets worse.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by observe50]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Here in Essex, England we have noticed for some time that animals seem to be displaying more intelligent behaviour:

Insects seem to be able to find their way into the house and then out again before I can even find the newspaper.

There's a fish in my pond which has learned to take insects from above the waterline.

Every day a squirrel s~'ts on our doorstep. ( REvenge for digging the hazelnuts out of the garden, i suppose).

A robin hovered in front of my partners' face the other day.

My parents dog has invented her own game when we do not play with her..
She finds a tennis ball, drops it in the pond and then retrieves it from the side.

That's all just fo starters!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
this thread prompted me to do a search and I found this link about the strange reported behaviour of animals throughout the world

home.att.net...

This link talks about giant badgers in Iraq; cows eating chickens; a hammer head shark that gave birth in captivity and was not fertilized by a male shark; robins in Urban areas singing at night; bears that are no longer hibernating; sea cucumbers committing suicide; bird deaths; new bird species in Canada and more.
I have seen some oddities lately including birds flying low to the ground and one bird that repeatedly flew into a window about 6 times until it killed itself.
Yep, the animal kingdom is warning us...are we heeding their warning?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by iamcanadian2

If these are a warning from the animal kingdom, we have no idea what they are warning of us, when or where really. Certain areas just know they are more likely to be hit w/ certain type disaster, like California earthquakes. I sometimes wonder why people still live there, why they don't move to another state, but I have lived in Okla. all my life, Tornado Alley, and never considered moving away so I don't have any room to talk.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
You want strange? I live in Northern Arizona, I was raised working a small cattle ranch my grandfather owned. I have been around wild animals all my life. Last week, I took my children to the a local swimming spot. We were driving around in the fields and I see a jack rabbit.

I get out of the jeep and walk towards it, it is alive and looks healthy, but does not run, in fact it just continues eating. My son then says, LOOK BEHIND YOU! There, is another jack rabbit, not 5 yards from me, hopping towards me! My son walks to with in 5 feet of that one, and it made no attempt to get away, it simply would move just out of his reach and continue to eat or watch us. I then looked around and another Jack rabbit was sitting about 10 yards away watching the whole scene.

Now, all three of my kids are walking around, within 10 feet of these wild rabbits and not only did they not run, two of them started playing with my children almost like a dog would, hopping away, then turning around and hopping between them.

So, we get back in the Jeep and move on, about a mile away, another Jack rabbit, so I get out and it just lays its head down and hides. I walk up to it and it slowly hops a few feet and hunkers down again. This went on for about 5 mins, with me getting to about 3 feet away and it would move, it never ran, and would eat while it was watching me. I do not think they were ill at all, they all looked healthy and well fed.

I have NEVER seen any kind of wild rabbit act like these did, not even close. This happend on 05/10/2008.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I don't know if this is helpful or not, but two things that can be explained:

Grasshopper infestations happen when you have a dry April (timing depends on the region) followed by a wet May in many areas. The dry start to Spring gives the Nymphs the perfect environment to develop and when it is followed by wet weather an ample food supply. If you see that in the area you live you may see the winged grasshoppers migrate in swarms later in the Summer, to get to better food supplies. I've seen the ground move as if it was alive with hoppers under the right conditions. Being raised around Farms and Ranches I tend to be more aware of them as they can destroy a years crops.

When it is breeding season for animals the number seen dead on the road can increase dramatically. You can even tell which animals are breeding when, by watching which ones that are crossing the roads. Normally they will shy away from roads, but when the breeding urge hits they become fearless and a large increase in road kill is normal. If you watch over the years, you will notice a season for different species. One week you may see a large number of one animal and another week you may notice they are mostly another species.

The Toads in China is very interesting and it sure seems it may have been a warning about the earthquake. I would doubt it is a conscious warning as in they know what is coming. They are just reacting to changes in their environment caused by the precursors we ignore. I seldom notice the small quakes we have here constantly, but the animals are probably far more aware.

I did have a couple of strange experiences with birds. Last summer I was standing near the shore watching a couple of Bald Eagles. Normally I'd have my camera in hand shooting, but for some reason I felt like just watching for a change. One of the Eagles flew straight at me. At first I thought it was attacking me, but it landed on the ground about three feet in front of me. It kept walking toward me like it wanted something. I must have stood there for 10 minutes while we sized each other up. It then started picking up sticks and throwing them in the air toward me. I've never seen on do that before.

Two nights ago, I was standing on our deck and a small bird landed a few feet from me and just stood there staring at me for a long time. It acted like it wanted something and showed no fear even when I approached to within a couple of feet. I stayed until I got bored with it and went inside. Really odd. Normally just going in the yard scares them all away.

If animals are acting odd it would be hard to notice here where we are blessed with often too abundant wildlife. The moose population living inside the City limits is the largest I've ever seen. That is not unusual here though as we share this city with a thousand or more Moose and a growing number of Black and Brown Bears. It is quite normal to find a Moose in the yard or even see them walking calmly down a street in the middle of traffic.

We don't panic here like they do in other City's and they are just part of the normal population
I always find it odd when I see on the news how in other areas they panic and dart the poor moose instead of just leaving it alone. All the moose wants is some tender leaves.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
From what I see in the posts, this is happening all over the States, not just one area -- so it's probably not earthquake-related. How about this mega-sunflare we had recently? Could it be due to sunspot activity and/or changes in the Earth's magnetic field?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by freecell

freecell that is about the strangest story so far. Wild rabbits are about the most skittish animal alive. Wow.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
You mentioned birds... I live in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area and have noticed some strange things. The birds, in particular, are flying much, much lower than usual. Several have almost hit my windshield while driving... as previously mentioned, acting as though they want to commit suicide!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

In your situation it could be something wired, but it could just be the fact that she misses your son.Probably was ok for awhile thinking she'd be back with your son soon, but maybe it's finally kicked in that she's not goin back with him. She's used to certain things that you probably don't do ,due to your allergies, and doesn't know what to make of it.

Btw is she fixed, if not she may be in heat.

Check a good pet store, i don't know if it's still on the market, but they used to sell a shampoo, or spray that reduced the amount of dander on pets, that would help with your allergies.

You don't have to pick her up to comfort her, just talk back to her& rub under her chin. She's homesick & needs to bond with you.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by freecell

Wow. That is some story. I used to try to shoot jack rabbits when I was a kid and I could not get within 30 yards of most of them.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i think the kings of survival instincts are the cockroaches, they just have that need to survive. and you know what? now i noticed, i haven't seen one in my house lately and that's weird.
they're gone...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I have come across a number of strange animal activity lately. Up here in Vancouver there has been 2 rottweiler dog attacks in the last 2 weeks in which the dog had to be put down. News Articles- canada.com A couple of weeks ago a spider monkey escaped from the zoo. I don't think they have found it yet. But what I think is the strangest report is the surfacing of deep water creatures that washed up on the beach in Victoria. News Article- canada.com
I didn't think there was a connection between all these events but after reading some of the posts here I think there might be something more going on.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

My dogs have been acting really strange and extremely needy lately. I can't seem to do anything without them being right next to me. If it's nice and i go to sit on the porch they all sit by the window and cry and moan start barking, not barking at something more like cry barking like they're telling me to come back inside with them.

My son lives upstairs and there have been a couple times recently, when i go someplace, that my son or daughter-in-law has called me & telling me that the dogs are HOWLING & ramming against the door like they're trying to break it down. They've been barking at nothing lately, at least nothing that i can hear. Also when i let them out back they just stand there and stare at something that i can't see.

This behaviour is not normal for them. I've also noticed that all the dogs in the nieghborhood seem to be really vocal lately. I'm in Chicago, we had an earthquake in this area a few weeks back, maybe we're gonna have another one.

As far as wild animals, i've noticed when passing the forest preserves the deer are just right out in the open sometimes, standing along the edge of the road, lots of them, not the norm.

They also killed a cougar in the city last month, mountain lions in Chicago, that is definitely strange.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join