It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama - that 'whitey' tape

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

They're called "talking points".

That's how the neo-fascist far right operates these days.

Like the left doesn't do the same thing.

I wonder how many times I have heard "change" in the past few months?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I really admire the people that are staying non-partisan and unbiased in this thread...

Where are they, again?

I'm extremely biased because I'm a moderate-liberal that would rather vote McCain than Obama, so I'll not comment on the tape, but before anyone says it's 'cause I'm racist, know this: I would not vote for Obama because he appeals to the youth in America. I am part of this 'youth' as a college student, but I've always thought that anyone that appeals to naivete, ignorance, and the rebellious tendencies of twenty-somethings (CHANGE! CHANGE!) should NOT be the leader of arguably the most powerful nation in the world.

Just pointing out that I'm not racist here, and that I would greatly like to see someone act as unbiased as the OP. The OP stated that they were rumors. The OP also did not condemn Michelle Obama, but only pointed out that if this rumor was true, both parties would be interested in obtaining it.

PLEASE in the spirit of the OP keep this talk about the item in question, not about who's racist and who's persecuted, who's good and who's bad.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by pondrthis]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
The poor guy was peer pressured into wearing a flag pin because a petty America and skin-deep media care about nothing of true substance...

Gee, you make it sound as if po' lil Obama was tortured by Whitie and forced to wear the lapel pin, never mind the court of public opinion.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Alxandro]

All I'm really trying to say is that rather than talk about and confront him on real issues, (which I would applaud any conflict that was well founded in fact and had real value) Americans, especially those who run the media in this country, have torn him apart on petty little issues that have no relevance. Since when did wearing a stupid pin become a standard of patriotism in this country, I wear no such pin, are people going to start attacking whether I love America or not? What if, as Americans, we all decided we were going to care about real issues of deep importance to the future of this nation rather than heckling a man about his pastor, his flag pin, and unsubstantiated claims that his wife may have at one time made a minor racially insensitive comment...

If politics has become just another form of low-brow petty entertainment in this country than why have politics at all? They can put whatever puppet they want in power if all we want to care about are rumors and flag pins...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
Actually it is a discussion on the issue of Obama and his family being racist.

You wish!!

You see this is how they brainwash the gullible. A report of a RUMOR that Obamas wife might have said something improper and all of the sudden it becomes a factual report of Obama been racist, talking about jumping to conclusions here.

Some of you here can not keep it inside your sleeves. I can have a discussion about not only Obama been racist but any person been racist and the first thing I would do is not jump to conclusions before you analyze the body of work of the person, because people say stupid thing all the time, you have to take into account the manner in which was said, the attitude of the person and everything else.

But then again this thread or report only serves to perpetuate a myth, a fallacy, a fear, they can't win on the issues so let's instill fear on the mind of the people.

What a joke!

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Bunch]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bunch
WoW! if threads like these were as popular as those about the issues people here would be really educated.

All I have seen here is slander, stereotyping, name calling, a bit of racism, who in the world is going to give me back the 20 minutes of my life that I spent reading this garbage?

No wonder why this country is the way it is.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Bunch]

I agree 100%....after reading this thread I'm inclined to agree with Mrs Obama.....can't wait to hear the tape

I've said it elsewhere but I'll repeat myself here for the record: Racism = the power of one racial /ethnic group OVER another....it is NOT an equal opportunity preference....when I stand up and speak about the experience of oppression and the reverberations and consequences of that oppression in a country where whites murdered and enslaved blacks with impunity for four hundred years, calling my passionate speech and indignation "racism" will not change the facts of history nor the memories of my great grand-parents...
TA
relashanti

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

But then again this thread or report only serves to perpetuate a myth, a fallacy, a fear, they can't win on the issues so let's instill fear on the mind of the people.

In your opinion. You are wrong. But you are welcome to your opinion.

UPDATE - THIS SITE is a democratic blog. It claims that the tape IS REAL. They claim to have heard from 4 republican sources that the tape is real and that it's a CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN that is offering a one million dollar reward for a copy. The Conservatives DO NOT WANT McCain in so it's (allegedly) THEM that will pay a million dollars for an advanced copy.

The site also claims that Obama's recent threats against any news organization that exposes his wifes bigotry are based upon him being nervous about the Michelle-Whitey tape.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The OP is a tool of the NeoCon machine and either A) is complicit and is pushing an agenda [only it's wrapped up in the guise of "All the candidates suck and I'm just informing ATS"] or B) is naive and doesn't even get that she is being used. Pity.

The NeoCons have been using these tactics successfully since 2000 - with Rove as their spinmiester and architect of evil deeds.

Here are just a few of the tactics they like to use:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

RULE 5: "Ridicule is man's most potent weapon."
There is no defense. It's irrational. It's infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions. (Pretty crude,rude and mean, huh? They want to create anger and fear.)

RULE 6: "A good tactic is one your people enjoy."
They'll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They're doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones. (Radical activists, in this sense, are no different that any other human being. We all avoid "un-fun" activities, and but we revel at and enjoy the ones that work and bring results.)

The tide's turning though. The days of Rove and his ilk are coming to a close. Patriotic Americans everywhere get that a lapel pin doesn't make you a good citizen and that a campaign should be defined by issues and not insults and character assassination.

Flyers fan has been using #'s 5 & 6 for weeks and weeks now. It's getting old and we see through it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
for some reason, people have decided to just single out Obama on the 'elitist' charge, without thinking about his opponents.

They are all elite (Obama, Clinton, McCain).
It doesn't matter who is 'more elite' than the other.
They all fit comfortably into that category.

Originally posted by die_another_day
I don't care if Obama's wife hates white people

Americans should. She's his chief advisor in almost everything. What she believes also reflects what Barry most likely believes. If he didn't believe the same, then he wouldn't be able to stomach being around her.

Originally posted by xmotex
neo-fascist

The Party of Barry is the neo-facists of the age. Watch.
The democratic party is about to die in front of your eyes.
The Party of Barry is being born.
Marxism and black work ethic are it's mantra. (ref: Obama's church)
Tax the hell out of middle class America and give our hard earned $$ to the world.
Welcome to the Party of Barry, in the United States of Barry.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
The OP is a tool of the NeoCon machine

Again - I am not the subject of this thread.
Again - You are off topic.
Again - I am not voting Republican in the Fall.
Again - You are wrong.

Flyers fan ....

Again - I am not the subject of this thread.
Again - you are off topic.

It's getting old and we see through it.

Whatever.

You need a pair of glasses if you think you are seeing correcly.
Get on topic or get off the thread.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
As far as I am concerned this "black Panther radical wantabe" is big trouble for Obama, and as a potential first lady. I think its a good thing if we gt the truth out there before she starts representing this great Country.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Some of you here can not keep it inside your sleeves. I can have a discussion about not only Obama been racist but any person been racist and the first thing I would do is not jump to conclusions before you analyze the body of work of the person, because people say stupid thing all the time, you have to take into account the manner in which was said, the attitude of the person and everything else.

What a joke!

I hardly think that questioning Obama's association with an obvious racist religious organization can be defined as jumping to conclusions.

I hardly think that speculating on the existence of a tape fear-mongering. Well maybe it is putting fear amongst Obama and his supporters that are trying to cover up a less than "country unifying" past.

By the way, almost every politician, except for minority democrat politicians, has been questioned based on a past comment by either themselves or significant other. I say that scrutiny over the past should be shared equally.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I see nothing wrong with the post and, as previously stated in this thread, I don't feel motive is off topic.

I never said you were a Republican, maybe you should read my post first instead of jumping straight to the old cut and paste/point-counter point method of retort.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

If the tape exist bring it forth, I bet that the Clinton people are trying their best to get their hands on it, in fact, I would not doubt they having a hand in this.

But IMO this has the hand of Rove and Cheney all over it, this is how they operate, FEAR!! We going to get attack! Obama is going to deal with Iran! An attack is inminent! Obama bad for security.... If that doesn't work.... Obama is racist! He will throw white people in jail!! He is going to eat white children for breakfast!!
..... Oh it gets so old!

We want change!! Indeed!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
As far as I am concerned this "black Panther radical wantabe" is big trouble for Obama, and as a potential first lady. I think its a good thing if we gt the truth out there before she starts representing this great Country.

As long as you're not representing "this great country" I'll be happy
and by all means -"'get the truth" - would do you a world of good

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If the tape exist bring it forth,

That's the debate. Does it exist or is it a rumor to make people think it does? Is Rove involved like the rumor says, or perhaps Clinton, or perhaps some other force?

this has the hand of Rove and Cheney all over it,

Rove .. yes. He's the 'grand designer' and I'm pretty sure it was his idea to fake the 'illegitimate black love child' rumor against McCain in 2000.

We want change!! Indeed!

Then vote for Ron Paul.
Clinton, McCain and Obama are just CFR and typical politicians.

As I said - (before I was rudely interrupted with off topic snide remarks) UPDATE - THIS SITE is a democratic blog. It claims that the tape IS REAL. They claim to have heard from 4 republican sources that the tape is real.

They also claim that they heard from the Republican sources that this is to be an 'October Surprise'... and that the CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICANS (not the democrats) are trying to upset those plans because they don't like McCain.

(and for the record (not that it matters) - I'm not a conservative republican and I'm not voting for McCain)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I don't want to get bogged down in this, so on a separate but related point, I have seen how many threads point to Clinton as being the secret choice of TPTB. That being said, I believe it possible that maybe this thread broached a good theory for why she is still in the race. It certainly explains Obama's freak out today. Maybe hillary knows already......
www.youtube.com...

This video is great, made me laugh...

[edit on 19-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
The OP is a tool of the NeoCon machine and either A) is complicit and is pushing an agenda [only it's wrapped up in the guise of "All the candidates suck and I'm just informing ATS"] or B) is naive and doesn't even get that she is being used. Pity.

It is just as easy to say.....

Kosmijack is a tool of the NeoLiberal machine and either A) is complicit and is pushing an agenda [only it's wrapped up in the guise of "All the candidates except Obama suck and I'm just informing ATS"] or B) is naive and doesn't even get that s/he is being used. Pity.

Seriously, just because the OP mentions about the possibility of a devastating tape about Michelle Obama, doesn't mean she is a tool for anyone, but rather means that she feels like exercising free speech by promoting discussion.

If the OP has an agenda to expose Obama, so what? You have an agenda too, and you are fully free to speak about it.

The bigger question is what is the agenda of a possible first lady?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
It certainly explains Obama's freak out today.

Some think that Obama's recent threats against any news organization that exposes his wifes bigotry are based upon him being nervous about the Michelle-Whitey tape.

Perhaps he wouldn't be freaking unless he thought it were true, or at least possible of being true.

Of course it could be a husband trying to protect his wife's reputation.

But her reputation is one of her own making at this point.

Welcome to the big leagues Obama. You got handed your Senate position - no one ran against you but Alan Keys - and that was a lame and pathetic. This is the REAL DEAL now. ALL issues, not just the ones you hand pick, are open for discussion.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
theory for why she is still in the race. It certainly explains Obama's freak out today. Maybe hillary knows already......

Good point, the Clintons are as devious as the come. They aren't dumb either. I wonder if and what kind of discussions she is having with the republicans right now.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by wutone]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by wutone
The bigger question is what is the agenda of a possible first lady?

Amen and pass the gravy.

What's her agenda?
What's the agenda of those who started the rumor?
What's the agenda of those who wish to (allegedly) purchase the tape?
What's the agenda of those who wish to cover up the alleged tape?

I have no agenda except that of ATS .. discussion of a situation.
And to debunk or verify.
(We may have to wait until the alleged October surprise)

Given Obama's outburst today ... he could be getting nervous about this.
I'm sure his internet people have heard of it and by now Obama has too.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join