It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Anybody else worried?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Ok i wasn't sure where to put this post, so mods please feel free to move.
First, since joining this site i have learned new and scary things that i would never have dreamed of before.
Things from Alien invasions, 2012, planet x etc.
Now normally i would approach these from a sceptical point of view, gather some facts, and then evaluate it.
Now for some reason i seem to be more and more enthralled in a lot of what is posted on this great site.

The strange thing is, sometimes i wake myself up and my wife screaming(I MEAN REALLY REALLY SCREAMING) Then once im awake, i dont know what i screamed for. And no matter how hard i try to recall, i just cant remember. This never used to happen to me before. And only just started in the last 2-3 months. It's not a nightly thing, maybe once or twice a week. Now im worried that some how unknown to me, this site has effected my subconcious mind, or maybe not, could be just me. Or it could be something else. I just truely dont know. I never recall having a bad dream when it has happened, which is really frustrating, cos i want to know why i woke up so terrified.
Any views on this would be welcomed.
Thanks.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by orby1976]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
then i best not tell you about the night clown who resides in the darkness and exists only to feed upon the bone shavings he scrapes from your hip with a file as you sleep.

night night

nah just take some light reading to bed or something or listen to an mp3 player. i listen to the ricky gervais podcast before i go to sleep takes my mind away from any negative things that may of happened during the day and i usually have a good sleep, listen to some music.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by R-evolve
then i best not tell you about the night clown who resides in the darkness and exists only to feed upon the bone shavings he scrapes from your hip with a file as you sleep.

night night

nah just take some light reading to bed or something or listen to an mp3 player. i listen to the ricky gervais podcast before i go to sleep takes my mind away from any negative things that may of happened during the day and i usually have a good sleep, listen to some music.

I dont need to worry about the night clown, im married to it

I do read in bed every night, just some nights i wake up violently screaming, not knowing why. And it's starting to scare my wife.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by orby1976

Hey Orby,

If you haven't watched these five video's on sleep, they may be very helpful to you.

The other four are in the related section on Youtube.

What these video's will show you is just how much dreams are related to the emotional state your in when you go to sleep.

If you keep up your research into the truth, eventually you will end up letting go of all fear.

Good luck.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Thankyou seawolf i will watch those now.
Cheers

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My prescription : make love with your wife before going to sleep should solve the problem...(joking
)
If it doesn't work, don't read scary stuff involving things planetx or reptilians before going to bed...
My 0.02 Euros

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Its already the end of the world and we are already living in those times!
It will climax in 2012, but we're on the path now.

BTW, make sure your bedroom closet is closed at night while you sleep.

I cant get into it right now, just close that door!

Yes, i am worried, but there isnt much i can do about it. I'm just worrying a day at a time, every day.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Worried? Nah! I've been reading about Planet X (a.k.a. Nibiru) and the upcoming event(s) in 2012 and still can't make sense if these events are really going to happen. So I wouldn't worry too much about something we no nothing about too well. Anyway you may want to try not reading prior to bedtime and sleep in another room (away from your wife) just to test (mind you) and find out if your screaming episodes will have subsided.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Dont worry about it.I think its possible that in 2012 the world as we know it will end but now destroyed.It may happen like this.....If you wake up Dec. 21 2012 and its made known all over the world that aliens are real and they are paying us a visit the world you knew on Dec. 20 2012 will have ended.Sleep well.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Worried? Please spare me the notion that you just now became aware of events that could be worriesome. Have you never watched a news program, read a newspaper, watched a sci-fi movie?

Humans have had reason to worry since time began. It isn't a new concept. But to worry about an event that is only speculation is wasted time and effort. Worry is totally non productive.

In answer to your question.... No, I'm not worried about what I read while here roaming around ATS. I am concerned about our world situation but not worried. I keep myself informed. When I can do something about a situation I act. If there is nothing I can do I let it go.

I would suggest a reality check. Count your blessings. Enjoy the time you have. Don't waste it worrying.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Wierd that you mentioned this started 2-3 months ago. I have always dreamed of apocalyptic events, but in the last 2-3 months they have started to become much more frequent and much more massive.

Earthquakes, floods, tsunamis, hurricanes and cyclones, storms, volcanoes, and even unnatural disasters, all with the end result of mass starvation worldwide, it's truly horrific and graphic.

I'm indeed worried, and many other people feel it coming.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
You know, dreams are weird. There might be something to them.

I had a dream a week ago, I live by this airport, and I had a dream I saw the U.S. Shuttle flying over my house to land at the airport. I saw looking up from the backyard, or may have been driving a car and looked up, but saw the tiles on the bottom and all.

Then I woke up and told my Mother's Husband. He is an Aerospace Engineer geek who works for the Government. He told me "well, that airport IS the longest one in the area, and on the possible list of alternate landing points, somewhere." He then added "Air force one lands there", which I knew already.

Here I was thinking my dream was silly and impossible, and here this guy, whos an Atheist, extremely skeptical of just about everything, confirms that my dream was .. possible. STRANGE..

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It's a common, natural thing you are experiencing. As you said, you stumbled upon the site and became shocked. Reading about all you do on this site you start having sub-concious thoughts while you sleep. When you sleep your body does most of it's general coping with life.

I have the same problem as you, but it's not about Planet X or anything else, instead it's a medical condition I was diagnosed with 2 years ago. I don't happen to wake and scream but I do get headaches and terrible sleep at night.

As an above poster said, go to sleep listening to soft music, or a comedian. Something to play while you're sleeping. You will still be hearing the music/comedy and it will counteract all of your subconcious agony.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Theres a very old Chinese saying....."You Cannot Change The Inevitable"!
The meaning behind it is, to worry to much about what might be is to ignore the very real in front of you. You must live in the today, not the tommorrow. Its wasted energy that should be used to produce the happyness you have a right to in the present. Minor worries are normal but let the rest go. "Today is a good day to die" that was said by our first nations here didn't mean 'let go out and get killed. It meant that I have lived today and passing days to the fullest and if I die today it was a good life I had! Just some thoughts that might make it easier to understand what it is that you are doing to cause this sleep problem!!! In other words take some time to relax!!

Zindo

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
There is just to many things to worry about in this life. Although alot of it weighs on the back of my minds sometimes I just choose not to worry. If a giant planet is going to kill all of human kind as we know it, then there is virtually nothing we can do. If aliens want to invade i'll go down with my guns blazing! I, however, choose not to worry about such big things. I concentrate on my family, my home, and mostly the things I can solve, or change. If anything huge like that is going to happen, it's gonna happen! I figure the fear of death is just a small point in the journey after this physical life. I more, or less live for the now. Bad things are bound to happen and when they do alot of the times the human will to survive can beat that situation. And if we all end up blowing up in a firy ball of death, so be it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Abovetopsecret is just entertainment. You seem to have been taking it seriously.

There is no conspiracy. Everything is just the way it is.

Don't let the crazies get to you.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Its not reading this site thats giving you nightmares, its the relization of the evil times we live in.. I myself get down about end times, disasters etc but in the end what will be will be..

P.S, a vodka a coke might help before bed lol

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

It is possible that you are experiencing; Post Traumatic Stress. It is not the adult in you but possibly your inner child. Everything that you are subjected to that would rock your world, would be a button for your repressed memories to come forward.

Many individuals who are coming to remember negative memories from their childhood have similar responses. Screaming in the middle of the night can be one of them.

Otherwise, you are an impressionable individual and all the information you are gleaning is too much for you. Perhaps take it in - gradually. Don't do ATS daily but just occasionally. Also, this is where a higher power comes in and can alleviate some of the stress, along with pleasant music, and diversionary programs on TV.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I dont feel physically worried about the world when im awake doing my daily routine. I dont really seem to think about it too much.
It's just the waking up screaming not knowing why, trying your best to remember but being unable. Like i said it only started about 3 months back. Maybe some things play on your mind without you realising, but why dont i remember what makes me scream. Most people remember their nightmares, i used to as a kid.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

BTW, make sure your bedroom closet is closed at night while you sleep.

I cant get into it right now, just close that door!

Haha thats awsome.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join