It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Expect More From ATS Members

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I try to ignore people who are being like that unless they are breaking the rules, then I report them. It can certainly be annoying but...

I take the fact that they are on ATS reading and replying, that maybe the bud of his or her mind is just in the first stages of opening. Why else would he or she hang out on this board? People who are confident in the truth of shared reality (by this I mean the mainstream media, etc) don't spend their time on message boards like this trying to argue away at our explorations. If they were confident they wouldn't be seeking us out, they wouldn't be reading our threads. So something inside of them must be intrested in the truth, even if they're not quite ready to accept it yet.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

Thanks, Santa.

And believe you me, I know exactly what you're talking about.

I've CLEARLY won at least a few debates here, I've even PROVED others wrong, and they STILL argue. Perhaps it IS their pride and their fear of being wrong.

I hate that.

link   
BibBert,

I could not agree with you more. The amount of folks parroting the media here and believing everything they hear is outragious. It's time for people to wake up to the reality that they are, and have been being brainwashed for years and years. These media chains are owned by people with highly vested interests, and they will continue to control the masses until the masses finally wake up, realize how they are allowing themselves to be manipulated, and take a stand to speak out against it, and educate everyone else around them likewise.

Great thread!

link   
reply to post by eye open doors

Well, if they weren't jumping to a conclusion they're leaving something out of their posts that leads to that conclusion. I don't know how bb all of a sudden became a bigot for requesting tolerance of other cultures.

And BTW, what authority are you talking about?

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Rasobasi420]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by eye open doors

I actually agreed with Rasobasi, it DOES seem that, with the way some are talking, that they DIDN'T click on the links to see what I was referring to, and instead decided to accuse me of arrogance and the likes.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmethystSD
I try to ignore people who are being like that unless they are breaking the rules, then I report them. It can certainly be annoying but...

I take the fact that they are on ATS reading and replying, that maybe the bud of his or her mind is just in the first stages of opening. Why else would he or she hang out on this board? People who are confident in the truth of shared reality (by this I mean the mainstream media, etc) don't spend their time on message boards like this trying to argue away at our explorations. If they were confident they wouldn't be seeking us out, they wouldn't be reading our threads. So something inside of them must be intrested in the truth, even if they're not quite ready to accept it yet.

Maybe. Good thought.

You would think that there would be a reason for being here other than just to argue.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

you are welcome bert

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
reply to post by bigbert81

Take antars advice. Exercise your ability to choooooooooooooooooooooose the people and information that are right and interesting for you.

Opposing idiots does nothing more than bump their threads.

OH Idiots?

What makes one an idiot?

[edit on 033131p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
an idiot is someone who knows less than they should for trying to post on this site.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Someone who is completely ignorant and doesn't read the given info, or uses personal prejudices to make stupid points that cannot be backed up.

That's what my money's on.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Someone who is completely ignorant and doesn't read the given info, or uses personal prejudices to make stupid points that cannot be backed up.

That's what my money's on.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by bigbert81]

I have had people admit to me they didn't read the info I posted,

But I wouldn't call them idiots, I expect more from this forum, lol

id·i·ot
–noun 1. an utterly foolish or senseless person.
2. Psychology. a person of the lowest order in a former classification of mental retardation, having a mental age of less than three years old and an intelligence quotient under 25.

There are so many varied opinions on this forum, maybe if we learned from oneanother instead of throwing stones?

What really Is the TRUTH? Not your truth, or my truth, THE TRUTH,

Are we swayed by what we WANT to be TRUE?

YES.

Anytime someone is insulted because they don't agree with another, then the search is lost and in vain.

Everyone loses.

I took the post calling people idiots as a personal insult.

[edit on 103131p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying, however I think you have offended people in the manor in which you brought the matter to attention.

This is a public forum and you cannot expect everyone here to be college grads or scientists. ATS does its best to maintain a high standard for its members but you will always get a handful of immature people in any group.

How YOU deal with that is what is important.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

So you were referring to me as an idiot?
What words of mine were offensive?

I am trying to be reasonable, and rational.

After reading all these forums for some time now I am like a kitten.

[edit on 073131p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
This is a public forum and you cannot expect everyone here to be college grads or scientists.

I'm not a college grad, or a scientist........

Hopefully I don't fall into the idiot category because of it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I think we should drop the assumptive titles before it gets a bit out of hand.

Just my thought from what I've seen in the past.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   
First of all thankyou Sky for your validation.
Santa, I understand what you are saying however I have to say that each of your examples are perfect examples of which types of threads I deny pushing forward. Look at the characters involved. Does it bring you to a higher vibrational level? Does it add to the experience you joined the forum for?
I would really hate to find that we loose great and interesting contributors and members because they got caught in a vicious cycle of choosing threads that made them so mad they left.
Hang in there Op it always gets better once you learn to navigate with your interests and if a thread goes sour just do not contribute and move on, they generally neg themselves out on their own if not given any energy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join