It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Expect More From ATS Members

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I feel that ATSers are a community of people who seek to 'Rise Above' and 'Deny Ignorance' together, but from several, several of the posts I've come across, I am disappointed.

I have higher, much higher standards for those here on ATS. I see members eating up media propaganda and BS like they were part of a Bush approval forum. I see bigotry and prejudice that remind me of medieval Europe.

I do expect several new people to be in this category until they read several posts here, but some members have no excuse.

Here are some threads which I am referring to:

Together we can put an end to religious/ideological bigotry here on ATS
Excellent read.

Propaganda and the media
This thread was right on.

What do a billion Muslims REALLY think?
Another great thread.

These threads just go to show how far behind several ATSers have fallen. Read those threads if you don't know what I mean.

I had an ATSer tell me:

get your butt out of this country dude. You have no business being here. Go do missionary work in Africa, you just might meet that Muslim princess.

Now tell me, does that sound like someone who has read those threads I've listed in an attempt to deny ignorance, or does that sound like someone who has eaten the BS propaganda that's out there floating around for everyone else who ISN'T an ATS member to soak up like a sponge?

I expect more from ATS members, we should be the people who look down and see where the rest of the population is as far as awareness into what's really going on, or what might just be going on behind closed doors.

Deny Ignorance.

Rise Above.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
you know what bugs me is those high and mighiter then thou types that try to make others feel guilty or inferior by singling them out and posting their posts as examples for others to see.
how haughty of you.

I believe in freedom of speech..do you?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

I posted one example of the several types of posts I've been getting and seeing lately, kept the name anonymous, and you turn it into a God-complex, freedom of speech debate.

Now, THAT takes talent.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
quit your jibba jabba fool! or you will meet my man paaaaaaaaaaaain!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

I am just calling them like i see them.
besides you didn't answer the question, which speaks volumes.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
i agree with you. ignorance is everywhere in this country, especially in my generation, i mean i am still a highschool student and naive to many things but some of the people on this site have no clue what they are talking about.

This site is kind of a release from ignorance for me where i can go and debate about why hitler shouldnt be the only person viewed as complete evil, or how feminism is bringing in a new age of discrimination against men, and it is a really big let down to encounter the same kind of ignorance on this site that i've been trying to escape from in the real world.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   

we should be the people who look down and see where the rest of the population is as far as awareness into what's really going on, or what might just be going on behind closed doors.

Why would "we" look down, are "we" above the rest?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
Exactly my point.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Caballero, thanks for clearing my point up more. And I know what you're talking about from your thread, and I do have to agree that some of the overly ideological stuff I read in your thread was, well over the top.

Blimpseeker, I shouldn't have to answer a ridiculous question like that. It doesn't even merit any attention at all. If you really want to know the answer, check my thread history.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

No one is saying that you don't have the right to say what you want. That's not what this is about. It's about people saying extremely ignorant stuff.

I have the 'freedom' to say that 3+3 =5, but I'd look like an idiot doing so wouldn't I.

Just saying, there are some ignorant people on ATS who claim to DI, but obviously don't.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors

we should be the people who look down and see where the rest of the population is as far as awareness into what's really going on, or what might just be going on behind closed doors.

Perhaps you missed the words 'as far as awareness into what's really going on', which is, I'm guessing, why you joined this place in the first place.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by bigbert81]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

No one is saying that you don't have the right to say what you want. That's not what this is about. It's about people saying extremely ignorant stuff.

So who gets to decide if something is enlightened enough to post ? you or bigbert?

Hey I disike ignorant posters as much as anyone but I will defend their right to post until i am dead.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by bigbert81

It was a notice, I figured you wanted to be held to the same standard you are requesting of others. You want a place that is aware, open, etc... a place like that accepts constructive criticism. I honestly was letting you know about something that I saw as a flaw in your post.

Did you come here for awareness?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Go for it, no one is stopping you.

But when people keep posting 3+3=5 I'll keep correcting them.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

So who gets to decide if something is enlightened enough to post ? you or bigbert?

Hey I disike ignorant posters as much as anyone but I will defend their right to post until i am dead.

You're once again twisting things around. Stop.

Nobody is saying they do not have the right to post, so get that out of your head. I'm simply saying that I expect ATS members to have done a bit more research than the common joe you'll see on the street.

And I'm just not seeing that as much as I would expect.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Bert, never, ever, is everyone going to agree with everyone else about everything, best to just be tolerant, try to look through one anothers eyes, see where they are coming from and why they respond the way they do.

Don't trust any ONE news source, don't just read what suits your agenda and think those news articles you read are above reproach, investigate, try and disprove your own theories.

[edit on 013131p://bSunday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81
I'm simply saying that I expect ATS members to have done a bit more research than the common joe you'll see on the street.

And I'm just not seeing that as much as I would expect.

So you thought you had joined an elite society?
in a way you have, you just have to sift through and find that one kernel of truth in the middle of all the garbage.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Bert, never, ever, is everyone going to agree with everyone else about everything, best to just be tolerant, try to look through one another eyes, see where they are coming from and why they respond the way they do.

The only think I'm intolerant of is intolerance. When I see baseless bigotry and ignorance I call BS.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'm simply saying that I expect ATS members to have done a bit more research than the common joe you'll see on the street.

I read it as and I am certain Blimpseeker read it as: I am an example of "good" posting. These other people are no "good" and this is below me. I am incapapable of ignorance, and if you question me, my ego will hold on tight. I

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes, good post, and I agree with you.

There are TONS of valid arguments where it is very easy to see both sides, and how each can have it's own followers.

I love debating, that's why I'm here, it's just that so many posts I've been coming across have the stench of either ignorance or BS media.

Thanks though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join