It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do a billion Muslims really think?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
reply to post by The time lord

Well then it doesn't matter what you think does it because you also live under a fascist, oppressive regime which is slowly eroding your own liberties and freedoms.
This is so true.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm in Europe. I've yet to see these groups of Muslims running around beheading Christians or whatever it is I'm supposed to be scared of.

I've known a few Muslim/non-Muslim couples. No-one was killed. No-one even had a problem with it.

Again, as others have said, get out and meet new people. Expand your horizons. Deny ignorance.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

you couldn't be more wrong if you tried. While our representative government does not always do what is right, it is far superior to any Muslim nation on the planet, and the fact that almost everyone in the third world would love to come and live in the U.S. above all other countries proves it.

Some countries hold lotteries where the winner gets to go to the U.S..

All I can say is that it is amazing how ignorant some people are, despite all the tools available to them to learn and understand the world.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Ok Dave, were any of those couples composed of Western Men and Muslim women? Did the non-muslim have to convert to the Muslim faith?

Nobody claims beheadings of non-believers has already began. The Muslims haven't succeeded in taking over yet. With the kind of thinking I read here, it won't be long.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Oak
We are taught from a young age about the Boston Tea Party, Tar-and-feathering tax collectors, persecuting loyalists - All terrorist activities.
[edit on 20-5-2008 by The Oak]
This is hardly comparable to flying a plane into a building killing thousands or chopping someones head off.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

Terrorism is in the eye of the beholder.

The Boston Tea Party was as much a terrorist attack as was 9/11.
As we see Al-Qaeda as terrorists, the British saw the Colonials as terrorists.

They both fit the textbook definition: Attacks on non-combatants and unrelated infrastructure to instill fear into a peoples or government for political motivations or purposes.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Dude, when you speed, you break the law; when you murder, you break the law. So you mean because in both instances you are breaking the law they are the same in brutality?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The Muslims I know accept Jesus as a prophet. I know only one Christian who even respects Islam. That makes Muslims better people in my eyes.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

What do most Muslims think about the way Western women behave?

I am not muslim but i can tell you that it is getting bad. We are seeing an ever increasing number of teenage pregnancies, women giving their infants up for adoption and so on. Dead beat moms are on the rise while it has been noted that a record numeber of males are taking custody of their kids. Also women make up the majority of STD infected, drug addicted and mental illness where i am from. This may not be the case everywhere but it is indeed on the rise and i have seen many articles on how these sort of statistics are increasin at alarming rates.

When you have role models such as Britney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, and Paris Hilton, coupled with the fact that modern day society tells women that they should demand all that is coming to them it is not hard to understand that we are beginning to see a problem arising.

I do not mean to derail the thread but to tell you the truth i would date a girl who has the values from the muslin world any day to one with north american values.

Im not saying we should take away the rights of women or anything like that just merely saying we should rethink our value system in North america and i believe that to a point muslims are right about this topic.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot
reply to post by BlackOps719

I think Iran is a more liberal country. I believe it's more Iraq, Pakistan, Afghanistan and, Sudan that are the oppressive countries.

I know some people from Iran and they pretty much fit what you stated. They are very westernized over there.

The funny part is that the most extremist country in the middle east is supposedly our closest friend in the region. Saudi Arabia is likely the most repressive and most radicalized of all of these nations, including Iran and Iraq. Yet they are treated like something special. Wouldnt have anything to do with oil rights I guess.

And remember boys and girls, every rogue administration needs it's own Boogie Man to keep their sheep all flocked together. Why not make the Boogie Man muslim and arab and far enough away from America that most people have no way of proving or disproving what the media tells them about these people.

Look, I realize that there are seriously deranged individuals who follow Islam and use it as a grounds for commiting acts of terrorism, but to blame millions of people for the acts of a small few would be like saying all Christians have ten wives and sleep with twelve year old girls just because that is what is all over the news. Silly.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
[edit on 20-5-2008 by The time lord]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot

Well then it doesn't matter what you think does it because you also live under a fascist, oppressive regime which is slowly eroding your own liberties and freedoms.
This is so true.

I don't think so, I know what you are saying but no way is the NWO in the same level as the Arab rule for all. I still have feedoms and so do you.
I know things are getting tricky but have you not seen Islamic rule and intollerance moulded into the fabric of Western society? Maybe this facist uprising is also woven with a Sharia plan too.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

Well you don't really know me but you could change that number to two.

I'm Christian but I'm also Native American. I've been scoffed at by some Christians b/c I still practice Native American religion and rituals i.e. smudging. I of all people understand what it's like to worship in a certain way and have others call you a savage.

I respect all religions. I may not agree with them but I respect them. I have no right to tell them they are wrong in their beliefs. I don't like it when people tell me that.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

What I am saying is if their voice of 1billion is equally divided to 50% of not living under Islam then not much can be done about it. We have more chance to change and have opinions and make change in the West then they do as a people.

Not much they can do unless they reform Islam to just faith without the politics woven in. Or barbaric treatments creating a voice to reach out for the rest of the world to change it for them, hence Iraq-Saddam and Afghanistan-Telabans under extreame human rights violations. Remember the Afghan Christian who exiled to Italy to escape execution under Islamic law?

These people are under extreame rules and their ideolgies could pose a threat to all of us and we can not just let the unseen happen.

This so called facist state in the West has in no way reached the state of these Islamic countries as Arabs living in for the past 1400 years. If it is a facist cover up to say they are not NWO types then I don't see the connection and point for saying they want to express freedom for people in those countries and not for us. This NWO and Orwellian society is not based on Human planning it goes deeper to the Satanic world order and that won't happen till every nation is under one system of rule and that won't happen till every person rich or poor recieves the Mark of the Beast.
The plan is either Islamic world domination as that is a primary target for their world or it's Democratic world rule then again Russia and China might say Communist ideology but I doubt they will have to passion to force it on other countries.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The way I see it is everyone has their own opinions and beliefs. What I read in these boards is divide and conquer. People are labeling Muslims because a few are fighting for their countries. Yes, the US is a great nation, but as a great nation the US should lead by example. People hate to be bullied and yet Iraq and Afghanistan are treated like crap.

What do people think will happen if Russia invaded the US and tried to liberate them from their own government? I think a backlash would happen and the freedom fighters would be labeled terrorists.

People in Iraq are tired of being pushed around. The US destroyed a lot of their infrastructure and the US wonders why terrorists are fighting back! Jeez, I wonder if it is because the Iraqi kids are hungry, or bread costs families their whole paycheck, or maybe it was because the US wants to put a leader that would enjoy Bush's hands up his behind.

You can either blame the Iraqi people, "terrorists", or maybe it was the Western civilization that invaded a country that was not doing anything to them.

I remember living in Iraq when I was young and playing with Muslim friends. I am Christian and we co-existed, it was a very friendly place. The war happened(The Gulf War), and the people were still friendly even tho Iraq's infrastructure was destroyed and sanctions made living very hard.

Religion has little to do with how the majority of the people act towards another nation. To every action there is a reaction. The US invaded Iraq again and now the people are doing what they can do so their family is not killed by sectarian violence, they join anti-US groups. I am sure if your family is threatened you would join a group. If that same group paid your family enough to live on for a long time, and promised they would protect your family, would you not join? Would you refuse and let your whole family die? I know I would not.

just 2 pennies!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

If these torrorists stopped using terror and brought food instead of weapons then they would have a better cause, Iran is said to be fuelling the fire too, Iran could have helped Iraq with food if they wanted or housed some Iraqi's if that was their nature.

Palistine is the same, instead of Democracy they would rather starve, and by starving, creating funds in which the money buys weapons to fight.
They would rather stay like that till the dam bursts and propaganda wins its little battles. These suicide bombers are not freedom fighers they are selfish wanabee's of self death for paradise, they don't have an over all plan, they rather kill their own for seeing freedom.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Yes let us go buy food with the money we don't have. How on Earth do you expect them to buy food when it costs 2,000 dinar's for eggs? The sanctions Iraq is under has them by the balls. Jobs are out of the questions for some people and for others it is not enough to pay for a single loaf of bread.

My cousin's aunt recently arrived to Detroit from Iraq. She used to be an engineer, she made about 4,000 dinar's a month. Her husband made 6,000 dinar's. The house cost 5,000 dinar's with no electricity and water. The water they get is as muddy was my lawn and the electricity is not a sure thing.

Now, they were middle class citizens. What do you expect the lower class people to do? Go to university with the help of the US? They don't have that option. They have to work 10 hour shifts to feed their kids, pay for rent, and buy water.

Buy food instead of weapons? They don't have that option because they get free weapons. Iran is supplying Iraqi's with weapons? Proof? Maybe it is just a brainwashing scheme to get the country's OK to bomb the crap out of Iran.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by projectvxn

What are Muslims doing in Africa, Asia, Europe, India, America? Islam spreads violence and conflict where ever it goes. As usual, you won't address these realities.

What have Americans been doing in Vietnam, Korea, Irak and Afghanistan?

We are in Iraq because 9/11 occurred. If Islamic extremist had not attacked the U.S. unprovoked, and this is one of numerous times when the U.S. has been attacked unprovoked, then the U.S. public would not have gone along with the invasion of Iraq.

I can't believe you still believe there is a connection between these 2 events! I never believed it, but I thougt that the American people had also waken up by now!
There never was any connection between 9/11 and Irak. In fact Irak used to be (besides having a very nasty chief) pretty liberated for a muslim country. Alcohol was freely available. A majority of women had good jobs and dressed in a western style.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

I think the War's objectives of a victory has been achieved as in to Take Saddam down. The only thing that is stopping it now is the rebuilding process in which many Iraqi's who do want to move on are being suicide bombed daily. There will be suffering till it gets pulled together but some people do want Democracy and are being targetted. I think Iraq suffered under Saddam anyway and the people who blow them selves up are the same people who followed Sadam and caused their own killing of minorities including waring with Kewait anyway.

I don't see bombing your own people gets anywhere its just political stunts and if they allow some rebuilding then they might not have to put up with the Americans as they would go home as long its safe again. The quicker they understand the better because these minority groups are slowing the process down and adding more hate and followers of suicide bombers to the cause. You don't need a war to bomb out a Mosque or super market, you just a different opinion and that happens in countries with food.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
reply to post by poet1b

I'm in Europe. I've yet to see these groups of Muslims running around beheading Christians or whatever it is I'm supposed to be scared of.

I've known a few Muslim/non-Muslim couples. No-one was killed. No-one even had a problem with it.

Again, as others have said, get out and meet new people. Expand your horizons. Deny ignorance.

In England and Italy there have been Honour killings and seen quite a few on TV news stories because daughters mix relations with non Muslims.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join