It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do a billion Muslims really think?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

www.gallup.com...

The result is Who Speaks for Islam? What a Billion Muslims Really Think, based on six years of research and more than 50,000 interviews representing 1.3 billion Muslims who reside in more than 35 nations that are predominantly Muslim or have sizable Muslim populations. Representing more than 90% of the world's Muslim community, it makes this poll the largest, most comprehensive study of its kind.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
To those who are trying to make this a religious war:
May your God strike you down. How dare you pervert your religion.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Lol... you expect people to take you seriously when your header reads: "Arian Christian Guerrilla"?

Shouldn't you be on Stormfront.org?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hi there,

Here a small comment from the Netherlands. I work with refugees, a lot them Muslim. I have been doing this job for 7 years and although I didn't officially carried out a scientific investigation (I wished I had, but I doubt that anyone would take the results seriously, as the prejudiced people will only take investigations serious which support their own view!) I am pretty convinced the majority of the muslims:

- Are just like humans, love their children too!
- Their reaction is not political, but emotional, but u would react the same as large numbers op people would accuse you based soleley on the fact that you belong to a certain population
- Believe that US government is guilty of the 9/11 attack, not the muslims.

I like to corroborate on this, but I want to go home before the traffic jam starts!

CU later!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by projectvxn

Ah yes, let's ignore the valid points I have brought up and change the subject.

The reason given for the 9/11 attack against the U.S. was because of the U.S. military presence in Saudi Arabia. The U.S. military was in Saudi Arabia as a deterrent to Hussain's military aggression after the first gulf war, at the request of the Saudi government. Sorry, but Hussain's Iraq was involved. What this has to do with Christianity, I don't know.

What valid points? I even used the White House own website to disprove your assertion that Saddam had something to do with 9/11.

As to what this has to do with Christians? You said Muslims are in every country Spreading violence. Which isn't true(There are radical elements withing each religion so blaming one over the other is moot). Christianity has alot to do with this, since there are many who believe we are fighting some sort of religious war.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by earthman4

I can't remember if I said it in this thread or another, but there are a lot of American Christians who think that the US military is their personal religious hit squad fighting for their crusade.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This poll is too generic. I have no idea how you guys can base your views on a single poll and say that it proves point x, y and z.

Meh, whatever floats your boat.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Axeom

Would you mind elaborating? Please give some some examples of what you mean by generic, and what would have been a more precise poll?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
From what I read, the poll fails to define key terms.

For example, what is a democracy? What does education mean to them? Does it include the sciences and maths? Or does "education" mean that they studied the Quran for a few months/years?

What does "denigration" mean to the Muslim?
Define a radical or extremist.

What does politically radicalized mean? A person who bombs things and people for political reasons? What are those political reasons? What does "politcal freedoms" mean to them?

In the poll, they make certain statements without the numbers (atleast from what I can see) to back it up.

•Radicals are no more religious than the general population and do not attend mosque more frequently.

The pollsters did a good job of getting numbers of how many people support women getting rights to this and that, but where are the numbers to support this claim? Did they ask "How often do you go to your Mosque or how long do you study the Quran?" then ask if they are actively involved in a terrorist group?

The problem that have is that they don't really define key terms. What you may think of Democracy or education over here might mean something completely different over there. Certain parts of the poll make generalized claims, yet they show no numbers to support them even though they showed lots of numbers elsewhere.

To me, I can't take a position and say it proves point x,y and z and start arguing like many people people on this thread did when the terms aren't defined. But thats just me.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Axeom]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Is it true that Jihad has never ended since the Prophet ascended?

What is meant by this?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I heard that muslims don't think. Only jihad.

I am kidding. Of course this whole thing is a huge propaganda campaign. The important question is why isn't there any news or any information from the islamic perspective?? because it's all pure government propaganda bull#. Muslims have been demonized for decades on tv, movies, and basically any media.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Axeom

The details of the poll are in the book. This is only a brief article about the counterintuitive statistics made apparent by the poll. I can't think of any assertions made by people in this thread (except for those dead set against Islam) that require the level of detail you describe.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Yeah but instead of reading some book with polls, I would like for a real muslim (not some government/corporate puppet figure) from either Iraq or Afghanistan or Iran, the "axis of evil" to write something from their perspective and have that on mainstream television or something WITHOUT it being ridiculed by the correspondents.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by italkyoulisten
Yeah but instead of reading some book with polls, I would like for a real muslim (not some government/corporate puppet figure) from either Iraq or Afghanistan or Iran, the "axis of evil" to write something from their perspective and have that on mainstream television or something WITHOUT it being ridiculed by the correspondents.

But then the problem comes down to the opinion of one person. That individual may have vastly different beliefs or ideals than the majority. Hence the need for large sampled polls.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
They think wheir a nation of sheep. Their right!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

Don't be so narrow-minded, put yourself in their shoes.

I can tell that you really didn't read what I posted

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
OK if they are so "normal" what about this?

"Majorities in most countries believe that women should have the same legal rights as men: They should have the right to vote, to hold any job outside the home that they qualify for, and to hold leadership positions at the cabinet and national council levels..."

"Majorities of men in virtually every country (including 62 percent in Saudi Arabia, 73 percent in Iran, and 81 percent in Indonesia) agree that women should be able to work at any job they qualify for."

Funny their "rights" all revolve around bringing home the bacon, er, umm, dough. They can work but, if they get raped or have coffee with a co-worker they should die?

If a woman is raped how is it her fault if she is over powered?? Just sounds to me like another way for the men to oppress muslim women, "get out there and make me some money! But don't talk to anyone while you're at it!"

Also I see NOTHING in there regarding women and democracy. Would they still have to wear those damn tents? Would they have freedom of speech? Looks to me that the only ones talking for islam have a package between their legs.

jihadwatch.org...

Also in my neck of the woods:
www.humanevents.com...

Sorry I don't see how this religion can be considered peaceful when they treat women and girls this way. They are sick!!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'd also like to direct a comment to Rasobasi420: I would like you to know - that even though I don't agree with most of your ideas - I do respect your view and your civility in bringing light to them. It's nice to see a different and enlightening view, even if I don't concur with it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Thanks for posting this. I needed to see this information because my mind was starting to sway in a bad direction in my views towards muslims, I shamefully admit that it's the media that shaped my thoughts as all we hear about is bombings, honour killings e.c.t in the press, I should have known better and will do in the future.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Muslim women tend to make the best speaches. Here is one of my favorite ones:
www.queenrania.jo...
Is she not the most attractive woman ever?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join