It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do a billion Muslims really think?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Oh, please educate me on the history of the Muslim world, and how we started all the problems. When did we start the aggression?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
Iran will not nuke anyone, stop buying into the rhetoric. Israel is the one we need to keep our eyes on. And I predict in the near future that Israel will be exposed for what it is, sooner than later. A man can hope.

That is the same as saying....

"Israel will not nuke anyone, stop buying into the rhetoric. Iran is the one we need to keep our eyes on. And I predict in the near future that Iran will be exposed for what it is, sooner than later. A man can hope.
"

What you are saying reveals the same mentality of those that want to stoke fear about Iran. It is that mentality that creates confusion worldwide and allows the real players to hide their objectives.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Oh, please educate me on the history of the Muslim world, and how we started all the problems. When did we start the aggression?

I just wonder is there any nation in the world whom US has not messed with.... give me a break... German were not Muslim, Russian were not Muslims, Japanese were not Muslims, and these Chinese are not Muslim either......

Everyone is wrong in the eyes of US .... All Muslims possibly can not be right.. however the major issue is... US always want to play a role of International Police when no one has given them such authority.... They turn a blind eye to what Israel has been doing.... and every pity thing happening or occurring in the Muslim world becomes the focal point of the Universe...

[edit on 18-5-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOYAL

.. US always want to play a role of International Police when no one has given them such authority...

[edit on 18-5-2008 by LOYAL]

The U.S. government has been on a trend to gain size and power ever since 1913.

The U.S. government has also given itself the authority.

It is not surprise that the U.S. government is pushy about international affairs, you should see how pushy they are with Americans.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

Bush and Bin Laden both are miserably unpopular in the United States as well.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I like and support this topic. The views of Islam.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am a Pakistani-Muslim-American. I represent the majority and how many Muslims around the world think and behave. Islam is a way of life. Islam equals peace and the media ruins what Islam preaches.

What do Muslims think about honor killings?

There is nothing in honor killings. What honor is there in killing a soul? Humanity is to be preserved and not destroyed!

What do Muslims think about allowing a young person to convert from Islam to say, Christianity or Buddhism?

Its disgraceful. If you do scientific research and read the Qur’an, you will see that Islam proved many things 1400 years ago that we find in modern day science.

What do most Muslims think about the problems that Muslims are developing in Europe?

There is this thing called what you don’t understand you fear. The British are afraid that if Muslims take over their government they can not preserve their tyranny and uphold their laws and standards of life. That’s my thought but you can’t go on that.

Do Muslims think that they should have their own political and religious destiny even when they live in countries that are not dominated by Muslims?

We will respect your faith if you respect ours. If Islam was a radical religion you would have more than a burden on your hands.

What do Muslims think about punishing a woman for getting raped?

We do not punish women if they are raped. We syampathise with her. Under Shaira law (Islamic law) the man who rapes a women and dignifies her should be immediately put to death unless otherwise specified by the women.

What do Muslims think about their children having the right to marry whomever they choose?

I’m 22 I can’t wait till I get married. I will choose my own bride with the approval of my father. It’s the same for women. The final say is up to the children. An individuals can not be forced to do anything against their will.

What do Muslims think about jailing a woman for allowing a child to name a teddy bear Mohammad?

That’s a real childish question. Do you really not know about the Islamic world? Do a little research, children will be children.

What do Muslims think about freedom of speech, especially speech says bad things about the prophet Mohammad?

I have a question do we Muslims slander any of your thoughts or beliefs? We believe in Jesus, Abraham, Jacob, Mary, and Muhammad as our last messenger. The question comes in to play do you want anything bad said about your God, or son of God.

What do most Muslims think about the right of Israel to exist.

1947-1960 Palestinians and Israelis lived in peace, then a couple of corrupt and hungry Jews were in power and wanted more control of land, so wars started to escalate. I have many Jewish, Israeli and Christian friends. I love them as if they were apart of my family.

What do most Muslims think about the high percentage of rapes committed by Muslim men against European women in Europe?

Where do you read this!

What do most Muslims think about the West's distrust of Islam?

It’s a false interpretation, the media and Bush have slandered the religion for the conquest to wage a war.

What do most Muslims think about the way Western women behave?

Its kind of sad how women expose themselves, beauty is to be preserved for your significant other, not so the whole world can see a woman’s private parts.

11 major sins in Islam that we as humans are held accountable for.

1. To believe in anyone as a partner of Allah (God)
2. To Disbelieve in Allah or his prophets or his Books (the Torah, Gospel, The New Testament) or to deny any of the fundamental principles of Islam.
3. To lie
4. To commit Adultery or Sodomy
5. To rob or Steal
6. To cheat or Deceive anyone
7. To bear false witness
8. To bring false charge against anyone
9. To backbite
10. To abuse anybody or injure anyones feelings
11. "Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption (done) in the Land it is as if he had slain humankind entirely. And whoever saves one -it is as if he had saved humankind entirely."

God is not Malicious, and has created everyone justly.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am a Pakistani-Muslim-American. I represent the majority and how many Muslims around the world think and behave. Islam is a way of life. Islam equals peace and the media ruins what Islam preaches.

There is nothing in honor killings. What honor is there in killing a soul? Humanity is to be preserved and not destroyed!

What do Muslims think about allowing a young person to convert from Islam to say, Christianity or Buddhism?

Its disgraceful. If you do scientific research and read the Qur’an, you will see that Islam proved many things 1400 years ago that we find in modern day science.

What do most Muslims think about the problems that Muslims are developing in Europe?

There is this thing called what you don’t understand you fear. The British are afraid that if Muslims take over their government they can not preserve their tyranny and uphold their laws and standards of life. That’s my thought but you can’t go on that.

Do Muslims think that they should have their own political and religious destiny even when they live in countries that are not dominated by Muslims?

We will respect your faith if you respect ours. If Islam was a radical religion you would have more than a burden on your hands.

We do not punish women if they are raped. We syampathise with her. Under Shaira law (Islamic law) the man who rapes a women and dignifies her should be immediately put to death unless otherwise specified by the women.

What do Muslims think about their children having the right to marry whomever they choose?

I’m 22 I can’t wait till I get married. I will choose my own bride with the approval of my father. It’s the same for women. The final say is up to the children. An individuals can not be forced to do anything against their will.

What do Muslims think about jailing a woman for allowing a child to name a teddy bear Mohammad?

That’s a real childish question. Do you really not know about the Islamic world? Do a little research, children will be children.

What do Muslims think about freedom of speech, especially speech says bad things about the prophet Mohammad?

I have a question do we Muslims slander any of your thoughts or beliefs? We believe in Jesus, Abraham, Jacob, Mary, and Muhammad as our last messenger. The question comes in to play do you want anything bad said about your God, or son of God.

1947-1960 Palestinians and Israelis lived in peace, then a couple of corrupt and hungry Jews were in power and wanted more control of land, so wars started to escalate. I have many Jewish, Israeli and Christian friends. I love them as if they were apart of my family.

What do most Muslims think about the high percentage of rapes committed by Muslim men against European women in Europe?

Where do you read this!

It’s a false interpretation, the media and Bush have slandered the religion for the conquest to wage a war.

Its kind of sad how women expose themselves, beauty is to be preserved for your significant other, not so the whole world can see a woman’s private parts.

2. To Disbelieve in Allah or his prophets or his Books (the Torah, Gospel, The New Testament) or to deny any of the fundamental principles of Islam.
3. To lie
5. To rob or Steal
7. To bear false witness
9. To backbite
11. "Whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption (done) in the Land it is as if he had slain humankind entirely. And whoever saves one -it is as if he had saved humankind entirely."

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Dear brother/ sister,

i completely understand your anxiety....but before you ask what does muslims think about the attacks by Osama, ask yourself wether you are completely sure that these attacks were not a part of the dirty politics that Mr Bush is known for.

i suggest you ask experts from your own country that how a super power like US failed to see these attacks coming from a technically backward country like Afghanistan, when the US spends million Dollars only on monitoring information

With technology which can track down even the lifestyles of ants, US has been unable to dig a man sitting in mountains with no electricity!!!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by wutone

The U.S. government has also given itself the authority.

It is not surprise that the U.S. government is pushy about international affairs, you should see how pushy they are with Americans.

Be that as it may, you don't give yourself the authority to impose your Foreign Policy and project your Cultural beliefs onto others.
Nobody is seriously going to respect a self-granted rule over others, with absolutely no justification.
Get real.

Would you like me to impose myself as your overlord?

Americans don't want Muslims telling them they should obey their beliefs just like Muslims don't want America sticking their noses into their lands.

"Do unto others as you would like them to do unto you."

By imposing your hegemony around the world you sow the seeds for the distrust and hatred of the US in the future, which only comes back to bite you in your authoritative asses eventually... as you can see in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Who is America to try to project it's values and agendas onto the citizens of other nations? I don't remember the Iraqi people being asked if they would like to live under America occupation for the next 8 years...

Don't be so narrow-minded, put yourself in their shoes.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:13 AM
link   

lol

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

The Gallup Poll of the Muslim World surveyed a representative sample of 90 percent of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the most comprehensive study ever done.

A representative group of 90% of 1.3 billion Muslims = 100 people surveyed.

Surveys is a very imprecise science.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by spaznational

Mr. Spaznational. you are wondering why Islamic nations fund terror groups?

Some muslim individuals (not governments) fund terror groups, because they are frustated of their rulers corruption, because they are puppets in American government's hands, because zionists stole their land and are killing Arabs for the last 50 years in front of everybody's eyes without doing anything, on the contrary all western nations and government sided with the Jewish state against Palestinians and call Israelis -VICTIMS- instead of trying to find truth and facts, westereners are depending on the Torah's 10000 years old lies to explain their bias to Jews.

You say that Muslims are repressing women...that's- true - but it is everywhere in the world even in the US...look what white American males did to Hillary Clinton....they voted to Obama instead of Hillary because they prefer black American male instead of white American female as a president even that thay hate the guts of black Obama.

sabre-rattle about Isreal...you wonder why???

imagine yourself a Plaestinian living in your land for thousands of years, then suddenly you hear that a rotten Brithish politician promised a shrewd jew to steal Palestinan land and give it to the so called Jews who are scattered in every corner on the planet for the last 10000 years, and to re-call the land as Israel, and Scr*** palestinians....what would you do if you were in palestinians shoes??? live in your refugee camp peacefully and thanking zionists and westerners because they stole their land and keep killing and humilating them whithout saying one word of apology? think carefuly...when US government claimed that Osama bin Laden (the CIA agent), has blown the Newyork towers , the US annihilated Iraq, even that everybody knows that Saddam was the foe of AL-Qaeda, and you believed Mr. Bush's lie that Iraq collaborated with Al-qaeda in their terrorist act????!!!!!

you say muslims executed homosexuals...where??? I didn't hear about that...I live in an Arab country...and we have lots of homosexuals living among us from both genders, and everybody knows about them, and I never witnessed an execution for gays...it's nonsense.

you say that (Islamic law (also called Shariah) has been, from the accounts I've heard, rather barbaric. Stoning adulterers to death is not what I'd call progressive! ).

Did you ever read the bible or torah?? Quran comparing to them very soft and less brutal and bloody.

FYI, Shariah is a updated summary of the (torah and bilble) rules and laws.
you can find stoning of adulteres in the bible and torah but you notice them only in Quran because you want to criticise and vilify muslims and their holy book-Quran. It's typical westereners' attitude...double-standers, bigotry, intolerance, selfishness and hypocricy.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Through an ambitious six-year project that involved hour-long, face-to-face interviews with residents in nearly 40 nations, Gallup has plumbed the perspectives of Muslim men and women – urban and rural, educated and illiterate, young and old.

It looks pretty comprehensive.......

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I have not read this whole thread. I really want to believe that this survey is legitimate and not some guy trying to make lots of money from a book.

I am having a lot of difficulty with ATS being a way to insinuate and bad mouth Americans. Fine, the Bush Administration is not what I would like, but it is a way for other members to knock down America and Americans. There are many Countries that have asked for help from the United States. The attack on 9/11 was at the World Trade Center......emphasis on World. It happened on American soil and I still can't watch anything about it because of what I saw on the day it happened and I'm sure I am not alone. I realize that people from all Countries are dealing with similar traumatic events, but I am speaking for myself right now.

I wish all the people in the Middle-East and I am not just talking about Muslims for goodness sake, would show their own initiative and get rid of these terrorists. I don't want American Military in any Middle-East Country because enough is enough there is no winning or losing. The survey is telling me that people want more of a democratic lifestyle which apparently they are not getting. The United States is not to blame for that. It is each Nation's government that is either providing it or not providing it. There are million of people that have a voice out their. Why can't the President of Pakistan end this situation in the Middle-East by consulting with all the other leaders!?!?!? In my opinion, the end of this war and terrorism rests with the leaders of the Middle-East,

Now there are two more threads in which the Tehran News just dismantled a terrorist organization funded by the CIA according to Pakistan and then there is another thread stating that it is the United States keeping the opium trade going in Afghanistan, and Osama Bin Laden has been funded by the CIA all along. It gets to a point where it is all too convenient to blame the United States for every problem that every other Country has, especially the Middle-East right now, on the United States.

I realize that ATS website is to look at or unravel a possible conspiracy. But, from what I've been reading on many threads that is not really what has been happening, in my opinion.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I can understand why people might be weary of polls since there's no way for the reader to verify the results and rely on the expertise of the poller. However, the Gallup organization pride's itself on getting accurate statistics in nearly every study they perform.

janda.org...

The first one thousand people streaming out of a Yankees game in the Bronx clearly aren't representative of all Americans. Now consider a group compiled by selecting 1,000 people coming out of a Major League Baseball game in every state in the continental United States -- 48,000 people! We now have a much larger group -- but we are still no closer to representing the views of all Americans than we were in the Bronx. We have a lot of baseball fans, but, depending on the circumstances, these 48,000 people may not even be a good representative sample of all baseball fans in the country -- much less all Americans, baseball fans or not.

When setting out to conduct a national opinion poll, the first thing Gallup does is select a place where all or most Americans are equally likely to be found. That wouldn't be a shopping mall, or a grocery store, an office building, a hotel, or a baseball game. The place nearly all adult Americans are most likely to be found is in their home. So, reaching people at home is the starting place for almost all national surveys.

By necessity, the earliest polls were conducted in-person, with Gallup interviewers fanning out across the country, knocking on Americans' doors. This was the standard method of interviewing for nearly fifty years, from about 1935 to the mid 1980s, and it was a demonstrably reliable method. Gallup polls across the twelve presidential elections held between 1936 and 1984 were highly accurate, with the average error in Gallup's final estimate of the election being less than 3 percentage points.

Gallup makes it's money off of accurate polls. Subscriptions to the Gallup World Poll runs approximately $28,000 per year. I can guarantee that the subscribers and investors wouldn't stand for inaccurate results since it would cost them money directly.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Doesn't the Gallup organization also survey the American public for Opinion Polls?

Either way it's not like this is some Uni project. The Gallup Organization is a devoted polling company used by professionals, big corporations, the Government, etc....

A lot of people put their words and ideas behind Gallup polls, I think it's safe to say they can be trusted as a relatively partial, fair and thorough source.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pakkiflytillhigh

Where do you read this!

3. To lie
5. To rob or Steal
7. To bear false witness
9. To backbite

Awesome post.

Awesome post.

It would appear that we Americans are mostly fed all the BS that has to do with Islam and the Muslim culture.

I suppose, if WE were the Muslims, we could pick out extreme Christian behavior and exploit that as well, creating mass prejudice against them as well.

Great post again.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I hate to say it, but truth must be revealed.

The doctrine of Islam is World Domination. The Sheiks will openly admit that the goal is a world under Islam. The rules in which this hypothetical world takes place would be the same rules that currently stand; submit to islam (submit to submission), be killed (likely beheaded), or pay them and treat them all like kings and give them anything they want of yours in your home, let them sleep there, take advantage of you, etc, as second class citizens, paying a Jizya tax, and wearing distinctive garments, ala Hitler's Nazi Germany to identify you as a non-Muslim 'person of the book'. Insulting or hitting a muslim results in the death penalty. Look up the pact of Umar (Omar), made between the Christians of Byzantium being conquered and the Jews of Jerusalem being conquered, by Caliph Umar, successor of Muhammad, before the Shism (Sunni/Shiite split).

These laws are universally agreed upon by both sects of Islam therefore.

So, choose your side. Fight with words, ideas, with demonstrations, with peaceful statements, with love. Be pacifist guerrillas, expressing truth and knowledge while accepting all those who are sincere of heart. Let it be known what could happen if Islam got it's way .. and finished what they started during their original break out and expansion from Arabia to like, half of the world. Which, I regrettably have to tell you, was fueled entirely on this ideal in the Koran of a World under Islam, even under conquest.

[edit on 5/19/2008 by runetang]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   

The Gallup Poll of the Muslim World surveyed a representative sample of 90 percent of the world's 1.3 billion Muslims, the most comprehensive study ever done.

This is one on the most oddly written sentences I have seen in a long time.

How about just telling us what the actual sample number was?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join