It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End date of Mayan calendar in fact 28 Oct 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I just recently found out that it's a common misunderstanding that the Mayan calendar ends on Dec 12, 2012. In fact, it ends on Oct 28, 2011.

Someone has a theory on why this misunderstanding has come about?

I've read some fascinating texts on the webpage of Carl Johan Calleman and I got a lot of insight reading his article on the 9 underworlds and 13 heavens. Being interested in numerology I also find it fascinating that both dates above become 8 when you add them together. 8 as in eternity.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Humans will create the anti christ, an all knowing computer.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yeah well no proof...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Is October 28 astrologically significant aside from it being a purported end date of the Mayan calender?

I know little of the Mayan calender aside from the whole 2012 aspect.

(Although I did watch a very long video once where some guy talked about different "nights" and such)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Reconnection

you should always post links, and cite sources. for many reasons.
1. i would like to read this material
2. you will be challenged by many posters here. sources will help your case
3. it will draw more posts to your thread

that being said i dont see how so many experts could have this date wrong for so many years. expecally with all the claims on how accurate it is compared to our calander? please cite source..

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
mmm.. yeah and wasn't 12//21/12 found to correlate exactly with Terrence McKenna's computation of the I Ching?

OP where'd you get your original information?

or do you want people to keep on posting here asking you all these questions asking about information that should have been posted in the first place?

just sayin..

waste of time and space.

-

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Seems there was some discussion of counting errors. But this is all I've found so far:

Another equally compelling reason why December 21, 2012 cannot be the true date of completion of creation is that this day is 4 Ahau in the tzolkin count. Since the Long Count consists of exactly 7200 tzolkin rounds then the true end of creation must fall on a day that is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count so that the tzolkin rounds even out. If we want to find out what is the real date of ending of the creation cycles we must therefore look for a day around the year 2012, which is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count. The inscriptions in Palenque, written about a thousand years later than the Long Count was devised in Izapa, seem to indicate that the date of relevance is October 28, 2011, which in fact is 13 Ahau in the tzolkin count.

Source

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Garyo is right on with this one. According to the research of Dr. Calleman, the calendar does seem to end in October of 2011.

www.calleman.com...

I am not primarily addressing myself to those for whom it is more important to be right about a date than to facilitate the spiritual future of humanity. In this context I would also like to point out that many people have a strong intuitive sense that the year 2012 will mean something special. This intuitive sense is fully consistent with the October 28, 2011 date, since if the divine process of creation is completed on that day it will indeed be the year 2012 that will usher the great change. If instead the completion of divine creation would fall on the Izapan enddate, December 21, 2012, it would be the year 2013 that would harvest the change. Intuitively, most seem to favor the 2012 date and I feel this promises that as we come closer people will increasingly be drawn to the energetically correct enddate, October 28, 2011.

What's interesting about this is that Calleman's research seems to suggest a shift in consciousness leading up to the end time event. Perhaps this means that our perception of time shifts as well. Scientifically, our solar system aligns with the galactic horizon in late 2012. However, the significance of this is highly debatable. Another interesting aspect is that we can not be 100% certain that our conversions are totally correct. Perhaps we have been off by one year or more this whole time.

I tend to believe that the consciousness of humanity will create the end time scenario in one fashion or another, and it will transpire when it needs to.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Vipassana]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Sorry, my mistake. I'm new to this forum and I didn't want anyone to think that I'm promoting any specific websites. That's why I just stated the name of my source. You should try Google. I hear it works really well when you're searching for things...

If Prevenge thinks this is a waste of time and space why do you repeat what someone else has already informed me about?

These are my sources:

www.calleman.com
The page is in a frame so I can't link directly to it but click on Introduction to the left and scroll down to the title "The Mayan Calender End Date". It says that the misunderstanding has something to do with the sun being in zenith somewhere but this is where I don't get it. Hence the post.

For some further very interesting reading I suggest these articles by Calleman:
www.calleman.com...
www.calleman.com...

And finally, here's my other source:
www.mayan-calendar-code.com...
www.mayan-calendar-code.com...

Thanks to Garyo for the interesting quote and I fully agree with your ideas Vipassana.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think you may be interested in the book "The Mystery of 2012" by Bradden & al., mentioned in another thread. (As I said in that thread, I am not necessarily a big fan of Bradden, so it's not like I am promoting his book just for the sake of it.)
The authors describe how the phenomenon came about in the first place.
It all grew from a minuscule mention by Jose Arguelles, first in 1975, and most notably from an expanded interpretation of those data in Arguelles' 1987 book. (They also say that Terence McKenna, for example, didn't know about "2012" until 1993, at which point he rewrote the text of his book to fit it in.)

So, it's all based on the interpretation of a single man...
And, as I explicitly said in the other thread, that does NOT automatically mean that what he says is untrue. But it does open legitimate questions about the entire phenomenon.

PS. It seems I have been misspelling Braden's surname.
Sorry about that.
(I've left it as it was - i.e. misspelled - so that anyone who's been committing the same error can learn from me. :-))

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Interesting, I will check that out.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I think you may be interested in the book "The Mystery of 2012" by Bradden & al., mentioned in another thread. (As I said in that thread, I am not necessarily a big fan of Bradden, so it's not like I am promoting his book just for the sake of it.)

Gregg Braden's essay in that book is a joke. See nibiruchallenge.blogspot.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I know as far as the time lines in the biblical calander the last day has been kinown for some time to be 10-21-2011 and the rapture is on5-21-2011. There are so many proof texts its beyond doubt and it will be unparalled

top topics

join