It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verichip Corporation - Biochip Stock - E*Trade

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Jeez man, SKL you are on a roll...Another starred and flagged thread!!

This is absolutely CREEPY.

The implications behind this type of stuff are something straight out of a combination of an Orwell novel and a Stephen King Horror novel.

Humans are being touted as being "cattle-like" here...This has made my stomach turn.

I'm sure there will be folks who see the positives of this type of stuff, but with the way things are going on this planet right now, I can't help but get a dreadful feeling from this...

[edit on 22-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Jeez man, SKL you are on a roll...Another starred and flagged thread!!

This is absolutely CREEPY.

The implications behind this type of stuff are something straight out of a combination of an Orwell novel and a Stephen King Horror novel.

Humans are being touted as being "cattle-like" here...This has made my stomach turn.

I'm sure there will be folks who see the positives of this type of stuff, but with the way things are going on this planet right now, I can't help but get a dreadful feeling from this...

[edit on 22-5-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

Of course it's creepy that this is happening, but that's what the Government has been up to behind closed doors in conjunction with Verichip, as well as other nefarious actions we generally are supposed to remain quiet about like cattle.

"Mooo"vving right along.

I bought one share of Verichip today with My E*Trade account. The stock symbol is CHIP, in case anyone wants to buy some shares theirselves.

I went looking for Verichip's website, but since I was in the middle of writing this post I tried typing up the webstie from memory and came up with this alternate website.

Verichip - Korea - E-Mail Address

Needless to say, I was stunned. The e-mail address on this website is here :

[email protected]

By the way, when I tried to purchase the stock online for Verichip as per usual protocols, E*Trade was unnable to process the online transaction.

I was referred instead to go call E*Trade Customer Service, which I did. I then proceeded to be put through a bunch of hoop-jumping just to buy the stock I had just enough money to purchase two shares of, but bought one share instead, plus the $12.99 Commission for. It took Me a whole thirty minutes that should have been a three minute transaction for.

I wonder if that was the sales pitch for E*Trade and Verichip for the day.

You know, be "chipped" and sales of our stock will take less time.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The fact that they're PUBLICALLY selling stock in this while privately creating and manufacturing this type of ultimate control machinery is beyond alarming. You know that the MAIN investors in this type of stuff are people at the top of the food chain and military.

My guess is the average uneducated person has no idea this type of stuff even exists. Which is beyond spine chilling.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Okay, so I've gotten some real responses on here, now is time for real information to walk you through the process of buying the Verichip stock, if you want to.

Again, this is at your own discretion, I am not, nor will I be responsible for any loss and or actions due to your purchases of the stock.

For you to buy any stock online, first you need money. You do not need a fortune. An example to buy the Verichip stock, like the 1 share I bought, all you would need to less than $20.

It's around $2 a share, it fluctuates daily, not much, but it does, so for 1 share, you will want to have at a minimum of $3 to have more than enough for 1 share. Plus, you do not want to forget there's a commission for E*Trade to buy the share, or shares for you. The commission is about $15 - $20, depending on how much money you have in your account, and I am also figuring in that since I am grandfathered in, I might be getting the commission discount, I'm not sure.

Next, you will need to go to E*Trade and open an account. That option is on the top right side of the website, in light purple. Of course, if you are not American, doing this from a different country, there will be variations as well price differences.

If you open an account, either post a message here, or send a U2U, and I will walk you through the whole process. If you can't figure out how to open an account, I can walk you through it, but that may take more than a post/reply or U2U on ATS, it may take Yahoo Messenger or MSN Messenger, or even a phone call.

I'll talk to any ATS member on the phone, if you're interested in purchasing stock.

I have 2 people I have talked to or still currently talk to on the phone.

1 in America, and 1 in Australia.

I'm not spending the money to call international though, it's your dime there. As for calling nationally, I've got spare minutes, as well as free night and weekend minutes.

Timing is everything of course.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

I bought Digital Angel, another subcutaneous ID chip play, for like three bucks per share 14 months back or maybe it was a buck fifty per, no biggie...it's been down or flat ever since... they got merged upon by some other corp in the meantime, but they used the Digital Angel name for the offspring...
This is another case where the cool factor keeps me in a low-performer...years ago I had another such called GZTC, Genzyme Transgenic, with no profits and whose only assets were like 975 mutated gene-spliced goats that were supposed to excrete pharmaceuticals or spider silk or whatnot into their milk...pharm goats, kept in Framingham Massachusetts, probably listening to Camper Van Beethoven...
Sadly maybe I'm a fool for such stocks that work better as science fiction cliches than as investments...heehee and oh well...oh yeah and I had likewise 400 shares of Cray Computer when they went completely out of business and all I got to show was the paper stock certificate...I figured, you had to believe in the genius of Seymour Cray, and no way could a computer be too super, too fast, too parallel too deluxe too expensive for the market, somebody will buy the quality product...but not so much...they were reduced to lending the computers for free to NOAA so they could do that complicated atmosphere modelling...
So maybe Verichip and DIGA are still a little ahead of the curve to be proper little investments, yet, hmm...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

I bought Digital Angel, another subcutaneous ID chip play, for like three bucks per share 14 months back or maybe it was a buck fifty per, no biggie...it's been down or flat ever since... they got merged upon by some other corp in the meantime, but they used the Digital Angel name for the offspring...
This is another case where the cool factor keeps me in a low-performer...years ago I had another such called GZTC, Genzyme Transgenic, with no profits and whose only assets were like 975 mutated gene-spliced goats that were supposed to excrete pharmaceuticals or spider silk or whatnot into their milk...pharm goats, kept in Framingham Massachusetts, probably listening to Camper Van Beethoven...
Sadly maybe I'm a fool for such stocks that work better as science fiction cliches than as investments...heehee and oh well...oh yeah and I had likewise 400 shares of Cray Computer when they went completely out of business and all I got to show was the paper stock certificate...I figured, you had to believe in the genius of Seymour Cray, and no way could a computer be too super, too fast, too parallel too deluxe too expensive for the market, somebody will buy the quality product...but not so much...they were reduced to lending the computers for free to NOAA so they could do that complicated atmosphere modelling...
So maybe Verichip and DIGA are still a little ahead of the curve to be proper little investments, yet, hmm...

Actually, from My research, "Digital Angel" is now a part of, or in actuality "Verichip", but I forget which at the moment. I did some digging but didn't think much of it other than that it was a shift and change in the company. If I can find the corroborating information, I'll post it here for you.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Yeah, I should know, since I own it...the name of the company that lumped up with Digital Angel could have been Verichip, I misremember, I fail in diligence since I already own the dog... all I know is that the ticker symbol for it in my TDAmeritrade account still comes up as DIGA.
I got the Etrade accounts, too, and actually I own some of it, ETFC, as a stock, too. I figure it's been beaten down enough to cover all their billions of bad mortgage debt...plus their TV commercials are less stupidly tedious than the TDAmeritrade or Scottrade ones...that Sam Waterston dude should only be employed sparingly like to sell prepaid funerals, Metamucil, and similar dire and unappealing products.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

Yeah, I should know, since I own it...the name of the company that lumped up with Digital Angel could have been Verichip, I misremember, I fail in diligence since I already own the dog... all I know is that the ticker symbol for it in my TDAmeritrade account still comes up as DIGA.
I got the Etrade accounts, too, and actually I own some of it, ETFC, as a stock, too. I figure it's been beaten down enough to cover all their billions of bad mortgage debt...plus their TV commercials are less stupidly tedious than the TDAmeritrade or Scottrade ones...that Sam Waterston dude should only be employed sparingly like to sell prepaid funerals, Metamucil, and similar dire and unappealing products.

Yes, ETFC is E*Trade the stock trading companies actual stock. Here are some other stocks I watch diligently on a daily basis.

E*Trade Financial - Stock Ticker - ETFC - $3.97 per share, currently as of this post

Hasbro Toys - Stock Ticker - HAS - $34.36 per share, currently as of this post

Conspiracy Entertainment (Video Games) - Stock Ticker - CPYE - $0.083 (that is 8.3 cents) per share, currently as of this post

That's three for now. I've got a list of 48 more stocks I watch daily to keep ahead of the Stock Market which is another key indicator of news towards what's happening within the world. Some of you might consider reading the Wall Street Journal as well, either online, or as an actual newspaper.

You just never know what juicy tidbit of information you might find that's ATS material for your wild and wacky conspiracy theories.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Here are some more stocks I watch daily in order to keep ahead of the curve.

Waste Management - Stock Ticker - WMI - $37.00 per share, currently as of this post

Papa John's International (yes, the pizza place) - Stock Ticker - PZZA - $28.22 per share, currently as of this post

YUM Brands (Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC) - Stock Ticker - YUM - $39.08 per share, currently as of this post

45 more to go and I will keep putting these on here until I am done. When I get done I will do a post daily with every price per day, and fill in more information as well as the fluctations, the High Price and Low Price of the year, etc.

Here are a few websites that can give you more in depth information on these stocks as well as Wall Street news.

Bloomberg

MSNBC

New York Stock Exchange

[edit on 23-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Here are some others books that detail Wall Street from history as well as one about the Federal Reserve.

Wall Street & the Bolshevik Revolution

Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler

The Creature from Jekyll Island : A Second Look at the Federal Reserve

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Here are some links where the news and or other people are talking about the new American dollar, the "Amero" that may be out sooner than you think.

The New American Dollar - "The Amero"

American Currency Union - Amero

No More U.S. or Canadian $1

Here is a link to "Project Lifesaver" where Alzheimer's patients are tracked for their protection.

Project Lifesaver : Tracking Alzheimer's Patients

The New York Stock Exchange on Wikipedia :

Wikipedia - New York Stock Exchange

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   

HA! I won't be suprised if the Amero does come out soon, with the way the dollar has turned into A-wipe in recent months. I wonder how the Amero would fare for purchasing power on the world front?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

HA! I won't be suprised if the Amero does come out soon, with the way the dollar has turned into A-wipe in recent months. I wonder how the Amero would fare for purchasing power on the world front?

I wouldn't be surprised it came out before or shortly after the election in an effort to make the economy nosedive even more than it already has. As for how it will fair in the world front, I have no clue.

All I know, for a fact, is that all monetary systems are soon to be screwed as the world governments are driving towards less cash, more credit card/Verichip/Mobil Speedpass to pay for EVERYTHING, making it a cashless society. I know that for a fact, because I've been keeping track of everything money does to some extent or form, through various means. That's called monitoring the trends to keep ahead of the curve.

Remember the "Detective Thread" I began? I started that for a reason, with intent towards educating people.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Okay, so I thought I knew a lot about Verichip. As far as stocks go and the Stock Market, the flucutating rise and fall, Bear vs Bull markets, I know a lot. A friend of Mine, Im A Marty made the suggestion that I check out and submit to TinWiki because of the knowledge I have on all things "conspiracy." Im A Marty, by the way, told Me that he put it into one of the Three Amigo's that I should be nominated as a Conspiracy Master like Justin Oldham, but I don't know about all that. Justin Oldham by the way actually came onto and posted on one of My threads. That impressed the Hell out of Me, that what I had to say drew him to see what I had to say.

Clinton Just Made The Most Politically Detrimental Statement About R.F.K., Assassination, and Obama?

I was at first hesitant only because I do enough here on ATS what with finding topics other people post about or finding enough information to talk about in My own posts on My profile but I took a look. Immediately I was struck how in depth some of the information is on TinWiki, especially in regards to the Verichip being a neural implant chip but I noticed that the actual name of "Verichip" was not actually on as a "search engine" word.

So, I began My own Verichip area on behalf of TinWiki as well as ATS. I have to say it is very humble only because I wanted it to be as neutral as possible, and I will edit as it as often as I can. If anyone wants to assist, great, go ahead, much appreciated. I noticed the Tinwiki under 2020 Neural Implant Chip has an extreme close-up, or blown up view of the actual device, which is in reality as small as a grain of rice.

HHHmmm,...small as a grain of rice,...small as a penny,...it's being compared to by the marketers of all things Verichip, the company trying to "sell" it to the mass public as well as Congress, as "food" and "money" being a metaphor, that maybe, just maybe, you will not be able to buy food, without money, that Verichip will in fact be money, and that you should plan now, to starve, if you do not get "chipped."

Interesting.

You might also notice on the Tinwiki area, directly under the blown up picture of the "chip", being a "bio-chip", a bio-electrically charged device, that runs on human energy, that it states :

CONFIDENTIAL INTELLI-CONNECTION A Security Division of IBM 1200 Progress Way Armonk, New York 11204 LIMITED DISTRIBUTION ONLY LEVEL 9 COMMUNICATION 2020 NEURAL CHIP IMPLANT

Wait a minute now, that is IBM, the computer companies name there, in conjnection with the term "confidential" on a device that is meant to track you, or keep track of you, like cattle or a sheep, or a pet.

Odd, isn't it, I always thought I was human.

What about you, are you human?

IBM and the Holocaust: The Strategic Alliance Between Nazi Germany and America's Most Powerful Corporation was a very interesting book in that it documents, through the investigation of a surviving Jew from The Holocaust of having been through the death camps, that I.B.M. the computer comgolmerate, was assisting Hitler through the Hollerith card sorting machine in tracking down the Jews, in order for Adolf Hitler's dark agenda of the "Master Race" to eliminate all who were "different" than his skewed views of society.

A sick, sick man, with a sick, sick agenda.

Wall Street & the Rise of Hitler points out as well how the stock market was a part of the process in the rise of Hitler. How if it wasn't for the wartime stocks, Hitler may never have been able to fund the Nazi war-machine.

My review of this book on Amazon :

This book is quite literally a tell all of all the names of who financed Adolph Hitler's rise to power by financial means. The man didn't get into power just by his lies, but by lies of other men too, the men with power, with money, and influence, and the access to Wall Street. You would be surprised to see the names within this book that financed "the funny little man, with the funny little mustache" that almost took over the entire world.

I will not ruin the book for you by telling all the names in it, but I will tell you two men's name I know you will instantly recognize.

Henry Ford & Edsel Ford. Yes, those "Ford's", from Ford Motor Company. Henry Ford even got the highest award the Nazi's could give to a foreigner, in recognition of his assistance to Adolph Hitler, and his picture hung in Hitler's office.

Just so you know, I am not a fan of the Nazi's, nor am I a racist of any kind, nor a fan of Adolph Hitler. I'm following a papertrail to find out all the names of who helped the man get into power to begin with, because I am someone who knows there's more to history than what they teach you in school. It doesn't just come down to the lies a politician tells the people who put them in office, but to the power-brokers who finance the man. Adolph Hitler was a politician, plain and simple. He knew how to lie to the people and give them comfort through manipulative persuasion and then when the people willingly gave him the power he went for the throat of the world.

Another good book that tells the details of who assisted Hitler that you may be able to find here on Amazon is, "IBM and the Holocaust."

Yes, I am talking about that "IBM" here too. They helped Hitler track down the Jews and other "undesirables" (Hitler's words, not Mine) through the use of the census and the Hollerith Card Sorting Machine.

It sure seems that some people have gone to an aweful lot of indepth and hard work to be able to track you down, at all costs, you can not escape.

You will have No Place To Hide.

'Chip Boy' Dies In Motorcycle Crash

Access badges, magnetic stripe cards, and barcodes oh my.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is a Business Essential assignment that I did that explains some of the stock type information I have referenced here before.

Having one way of financing opening a business can be a bit narrow-minded. It leaves you at the mercy of one person and they can decide to pull the rug out from under you so to speak at any time. This makes that one person someone you either have to please constantly, or loose them as an investor. It is not a wise way to go for financing a business venture. This gives one individual too much power over a corporation and leaves the corporation no option but to do everything the investor wants, or shut their doors forever if the investor pulls out. How would you feel if the investor did not like a certain color you and the rest of the company chose for the setting of the business and you had all agreed it was something that would sell more of your product? You would lose that choice and possibly lose a lot of business, especially if the investor knew nothing about this particular business or the mind-set of your potential customers.

Another way to go would be to the securities market for your company. This involves either issuing stocks or bonds. While stocks can be good way for the company to get extra cash, because investors need to put money up front it does not guarantee the money will stay in that field of investment. The concept of buying stocks in a company is good idea for future possible investors. Investors would buy your company’s stock at a certain set price, then you would turn around and put this money into new things for your business, IE : Expanding the business, buying more property, buying out the competition, leasing or buying new vehicles.

The stock market is influenced through many different areas of the World. If a hurricane goes through South America and wipes out all the coffee bean plantations, the value for coffee will skyrocket in other areas of the World. This is one way for the stock market to influence a gift basket store. The demand increases because of an outside force and your business can be worth more to the stock holders, they then turn around and sell their shares at a profit leaving you with less capital invested in your company. This will in turn leave your company more susceptible to a corporate buy-out.

A corporate buy-out happens when another company buys shares of your company in public view or sometimes in secret, usually because it is the competition buying up share so they can then merge the two companies, or a multiple company merger like three to five companies. Pizza Hut is a good example of company’s buying up stocks of other companies. This company is owned by Yum Food Brands Inc, which owns and operates Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Kentucky Friend Chicken, A & W Restaurants, and Long John Silvers. They had to go through the US Securities and Exchange Commission to file for selling stocks. First the company had to register with the SEC and disclose important information on a regular basis making sure that they were treating their investors fairly and ethically.

I see this option as a very volatile way to invest at best as the stock market and consumers can be very fickle with their money after investing it in your company. People tend to panic when the stock market rises or crashes in either the rush to sell while at a higher than they paid for it, I want to make a quick buck or the hurry up and sell it before I lose all my money mind-set.

Another way to go would be to issue bonds, a guaranteed secure source of income from investors who can not sell the bonds within ten, twenty, or even sometimes thirty years using the corporate bond. A bond is a type of IOU, promising that the issuer will pay the buyer a certain amount of money by a specified date in the future, usually paying interest to the investor at regular intervals. A set payment of interest would usually be every three months, like a bank paying out interest. This is another type of investment secured by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
A major downfall to issuing bonds to investors would be that bonds entail high administrative and selling costs, cutting down on your companies profits in the long run. They may also require a substantial amount of interest payments to the investors if the companies credit rating is below average. Also, how many investors want to wait ten, twenty, or even thirty years for their money. In todays spend, spend, spend, economy not many would want to do this.

While this is a good long term investment strategy, for a business like a gift basket company it would not necessarily work for me or my company. It would use up too much time and effort to issue stock, track with the SEC by giving detailed information, paying stock holders interest payments to be a viable way to get investors.

Debt financing is an alternative way to secure money for investment in the business. This would mean getting a loan from a financial institution such as a commercial bank, usually one in which a business reputation has already been in long standing IE: The bank you use for your company checking and accounting with. The short term positive would be that you get money to invest in your company right now.

One of the down sides to securing a loan from a bank is you have to repay that money with interest. Usually interest rates can be fairly reasonable if you have a good credit rating, and if not the interest rate can be too much to be reasonable for you to use. While using this type of financing is a good way to use someone else’s money to get what you want, having to make regular re-payments to a loan can also add stress to your company if the payment is not in on time, due to sales being lower than expected or not having time to get to the bank due to higher than expected business for the day. This can lead to you losing you business when the bank decides to foreclose on your property.

Equity financing would be a different way to go for investment capital for this company. Using the companies own money to then turn around and issue private stock to shareholders or using retained earnings to increase the monetary value of the company.

Issuing private stock would be something to be considered since you are securing money from investors and giving them a source of income through the appreciation of the value of their stock after the company has time to profit and grow with the economy and business demand of the area and customer base.

A downside to issuing private stock would be that the issuer has more paperwork and paying someone to do the additional paperwork, and without the investor being protected by the Securities and Exchange Commission since this is a private stock the investor can possibly turn around and sue your company for not doing business ethically if they believe your business tactics are not good and or positive.
Retained earnings would be another avenue for securing money for investing. This would take keeping the company’s profits and then turning them into the company to help pick it up and do more with the money without having to go through an outside source for capital. This would be done through paying out fewer dividends to the individual shareholders already in the company. Having less to pay back to an outside company like a bank or investors would keep the company more fluid and less volatile.

One downside to this would be that the shareholders may not like that they are getting paid less dividends and therefore would feel they are making less money. This would then make less of a demand of the company’s stock and the price would decrease. Another smaller known downside, or rather less thought of downside would be that employees may not be able to get raises or bonuses because the company has profits tied up in whatever business venture they have going to increase the businesses size or expansion of said business.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I ran out of space with that previous post but had to go to work. So, here's the references to that assignment I posted previously.

US Securities and Exchange Commission

Yum Food Brands Inc

E*Trade

Here's another assignment I did on Business Ethics :

Information must be managed in order to keep your business in order and running smoothly. It is an important resource to keep things on track towards making money for you and keeping the consumer happy.

Managing information can be seen in many different ways, from time clocks to ordering product to who is currently dispatched on a delivery. For time clocks, it is important to know exactly who is on the clock, so people are not getting paid that are not currently there. A labor saving tool, if you will. If you do not have control of who is getting paid through information management, then your business is not being run efficiently.

For ordering products, you must know exactly what product is on hand, so you know what to order for the next delivery you will be receiving. If you know you need a certain amount of product for a special holiday, then you can stay ahead of the demand and stay ahead of the competition. Keeping your product in the store and in the displays is a major necessity to keep the customers happy and to make sure you are not falling behind on orders.

Information management towards delivery dispatching is important, because if you do not know what driver is dispatched on which delivery, you do not know where your employees are. On top of this, you need to know what delivery is already on its way in case a customer calls up wanting to add to the delivery, or wants to cancel the order and you can call the driver to catch them before they get to the customers door.

The internet is a major player in today’s society towards keeping track of information management. If you have e-mail currently you know how this works already. You receive an e-mail from a co-worker at home, telling you the guys are going out tomorrow night after work, asking if you want to come along. The same goes for business too. You can e-mail someone across the business world, or even a few offices down who may be on the phone, or in a meeting and you need to make sure you remind them of something important you just remembered.

Keeping in contact is important, and e-mails are just one way to do it. If Bob wants Julie to know they are having problems with a certain item, then he just e-mails her the information, with an item number, a brief description of the problem and asks for her help, possibly including a picture in a document. Another way of using the internet for information management is for the offices that have employees who work at home. When the employee wants to begin work, they log-in to the jobs website, kind of like we do for this school. The manager or owner sees who clocked in and what they are working on. It can be a dual-edged sword too. You will see exactly who is not doing what they are supposed to be doing, example : surfing websites that are off limits to employees while at work, or racial jokes towards certain employees, which could be a potential for harassment that you can head off in advance.

Using tracking devices that work in conjunction with the internet is another way to keep track of what is going on. Every time an employee walks through the door, their identification badge can be used to log them into the building or out of, depending on which way they are going. This can also be used to know who is doing what, or who is on the clock and who is not. If you have not given a certain employee permission to have a smoke break yet, but their badge just registered that they went out the back door where the smoke breaks are allowed, then you know that you have to do something about it when they get back, or even go talk to them immediately.

The intranet is another means of keeping the employees focused on the work at hand and not surfing the internet. The intranet is an internal network, similar to the internet but it has limitations. You can not go anywhere you want with the intranet, only where the company allows you and to do what your clearance level is allowed, thereby keeping security at a maximum for the company. This is done through networking all of the company computers together with network cards and cables connecting them. Using a LAN, or Local Area Network enables you to also share programs between certain security level employees or all of the employees, depending on what you want to set up.

If you know you are not allowed to access a certain program, but do anyway, then you are flagged as a potential problem employee and can be dealt with accordingly. This is something that has become a major necessity for employers to keep the employees in check, or on the task that they were assigned.

Using the internet can also be effective towards keeping track of the competition without tipping your hand to them. Example : your competition has a website and you want to know if they are offering comparable rates to you, but you do not want to physically go to their store or send one of your employees who may give away what you are doing. Keeping your prices comparable to all of your competition is something you must do to keep the customers coming back to you, or your customers coming back to your website.

The internet can also be used for marketing information, to keep track of the trends of certain items ordered or for a specific holiday trend. If you know a certain type of gift basket is ordered on a select holiday, having that product on hand or having more than normal on hand in the stock room to keep ahead of demand.

Having a wireless internet uses electronic signals for linking network appliances together. This can lead to less wiring and more mobility for you and your employees. If Johnny has an internet wireless resource, then he can be notified immediately of a traffic jam through a set up traffic program he has running on his laptop in the car, or even using a GPS, or Global Positioning System. The use of wireless applications can save both time with installing the wiring, which costs money, and saving space and not needing to have wires stuffed in the walls of your building which can be accidentally broken or melted over time and cost more money in the long run.

Keeping your customers security with crucial or sensitive information is another way of using information management. If you know your customer has a time sensitive meeting through an e-mail and the competition attempts to contact you, keeping this information to yourself is important. If you break your customers trust with this type of information can cost you a long term customer and word of mouth about a company that leaks information can cost a lot more than money, it can cost your reputation as a business and put you out of business.

If you keep track of your product on hand, the employees currently on the clock, your competition, you keep your business in order and running properly while making money and attempting to get ahead in the business world. Looking ahead is something you must always do in the business world, along with looking back to see both where you were and what you were doing. You can always learn from the past to move ahead in the future when it comes to business and information technology and information management.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Why Yum Brands and Papa Johns?

Are they just good stock choices or do you have any other reason?

Also...great work on the Verichip stuff...

This is by far one of my favorite threads currently...

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I'm assuming here that you mean why do I watch those stocks, being Yum Brands and Papa John's, correct?

Well, in a time of war, food services are an indicator in how things are going to happen on both Wall Street as well as the rest of the world, just as important as the oil companies.

You do know, that Venezuela's oil company, Citgo, being kicked out of 7-11 is a prerequisite of war? You must kick all competitors of a foreign nationality out, to stop them from profiting, as well as kicking out their forgeign employees, as that would be where spies would hide, potentially. Plus the Mexican border is a militarized zone, no matter how they label it in the mainstream media, it is a military blockade.

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I can't even start to explain how hard I am laughing while reading this thread. For the record I am a fee-only finacial advisor who watches the markets closely every day. First off I thought that reccomending specific investments was prohibited by ATS rules. Guess not.

You said you paid a $12.99 commision to buy one share of a $2 stock and you are offering financial advice? Wow. I hope you are not in it for the money. If you are doing it to go the shareholders meeting then I am sorry to say that you will garner no conspiracy related information at such an event. You may get a free donut or cookie however.

As far as Verichip stock (symbol CHIP) that is not a bad play. Thanks for pointing it out. You are down 20% since your original post but I see it as apossible easy money investment. This is why: Verichip announced may 15 that they are spinning off XMARK for $45 million or so. With this money they are paying off their debt and then they expect to pay $15 million in a special dividend. There are only 10.87 million shares, so that works out to a dividend of just under $1.50 per share. Shares currently sell for $2.04, so basically you are buying there business for $.54 a share. Don't buy yet (I want in first-just kidding), but you need to make sure that the division they are selling doesn't account for all their business and that they are winding down the rest. I'll do some research and post back. Could be a very compelling opportunity though. The downside is that you may just be getting your money back and then you will have to turn around and pay taxes on it.

Verichip sells X Mark

Asfaras Visa or any other publicly traded company. Yahoo is an easy source for most information. For each stock they have a multitude of various stats, earnings reports, cash flow statements, balance sheets (this is where you find a companies assets. VISA just started trading so they don't have that info yet. But a quick trip to Visa website and you can find this info. VISA has assets of 33.8 billion and liabilities of 11.5 billion giving them net assets of $22.3 billion. You will have to download their latest sec filing to verify this information.

Vi sa 10Q Filing

Bottom line is that you have no business offering financial advice or assitance to anyone here. And the line about a broker making you broker is a bunch of BS. It sounds cute but it is not true. Most people would be better off paying the 15 a year to get decent financial and planning advice.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join