It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Soldier Uses the Quran for Target Practice

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lone Star Patriot

im from England, and last time i checked i am in the Minority when it comes to faith since England is a christian country

even the country i was born in is cuircular

check my location plain as Day like yours says Texas mine Says England.

i dont do the your wrong and your right crap

as bud said my reasons are for Israels actions against Palestine and leboenon.

assumption is the mother of all fudge ups (under siege 2)

feel free to derail this topic further

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

what you going to do shes/hes from Texas and with her/his assumptions we could so say most people from Texas are red necks and ilitarte and so on

reply to post by budski

thank you

to some people if your not supporting a banner for Israel its "oh my god he must be Muslim and anti semetic"

anyhow thanks for posting the fact that most of us dont support Israel isnt due to faith but the actions of Israel, even so i mentioned it twice before but the poster seems to have ignored it.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

I just find that level of non understanding of the issues causes so many problems.

I'm an ex-catholic, slightly agnostic, non practicing christian (confused? Yes
) and I really dislike what israel does in the mid-east .

The idea that all muslims, or ONLY muslims find israel a bully is something that I find slightly offensive.

Better education is they key - and I hate to say this, but george galloway is spot on about this particular mid-east problem.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
reply to post by elgoog

Oh jeez, not that list again. Where did you pull that? Source please!! I'd like a direct link to each passage and the source of the translation. Otherwise you're just posting crap.

the source is the koran. like the one the us soldier used for target practice.
(with good reason too)

If you really want the links to where this stuff is found...why don't you provide a linked list to a peaceful, non derogatory koran, which according to muslim law, cannot be altered in any way, therefore, we are all reading the same one. I'd like to see this hippy koran that says we all can live in peace, i don't for one second believe it exists.

lone star patriot ! good point.
the clever muslims hate it when we expose their supposedly non existant bias and hatred in front of their noses. aboslutely hate it.

regarding israel and the occupied territories.....(big subject here)

lets see....

3500 BCE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerusalem first settled on the Ophel above the Gihon Spring

19th Century BCE
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerusalem listed in the Egyptian Execration Texts —
first recorded mention of the city as Rusalimum

1750 BCE — 1500 BCE
The Hyksos Period

14th Century BCE
The name Jerusalem appears in diplomatic correspondence
as Urusalim in the Amarna Letters
1010-970
The reign of King David
King David establishes Jerusalem as Capital of
United Kingdom of Israel
970-931
The reign of King Solomon
King Solomon commences construction of the First Temple.

so...where do the palestinians claim that they can have jerusalem, since it was clearly settled, built and maintained by the israeli's for thousands of years?

another point that won't be addressed. sigh. don't know why i bother.

~elgoog~

(edit, signed twice)

[edit on 11-6-2008 by elgoog]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yay for the soilder.

I think that this is an expresion of free speach.

Im ashamed that everyone involed has had to back-track, and try to cover thier butts...

We are a notion that prides ourself on free speach. And we should reflect that to the world, not be scared, and try to cover your own butt.

Mabye we all should do something like this... To show that we ARENT affected by the muslems...

Like when all the muslems went insane when a newspaper showed a cartoon of Muhammid. What should people of done when all these Mulsems started freaking out, tell them to shove it, cause we belive in Free speach.

Rather then supporting free speach, Every news outlet turned on the person who made the illistraion...

What should we have done, we should have ALL made Muhhamid cartoons. We should have made tee-shirts of Muhhamid... showing him doing whatever we want. We should be able to draw Muhhamid as a pediphile if we want... Why??? Cause this is American, and we Can...

We dont need people from some 3rd world hell-hole telling us what we can or cannot do...

ITs a shame the way this turned out... but from a PR perspective, it turned out ok... if your main goal is to not get the towel heads pissed off... while crapping on the tradition of free speach...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

It is a shame the way you turned out. You highlight what is wrong with the western hemisphere. A complete lack of cultural understanding.

But you are right you DO have the right shoot the Koran. In fact I encourage it. I encourage you to go over to Middle East and exercise that right. Do not be surprised if they in turn, excerise their rights on you.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Damn man!

Chill out with the generalizing and hatred.

You remind me of why I hate seeing this thread pop up again and again. I wan't this thread to close already lol.

[edit on 11-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I want AMERICAN values to be highlighted in America.

I dont want Mulsem values here in America...

Im sorry if thats bad...

If i wanted to live under shria law, i would go live in Saudi or something...

If you want to live in a free culture, come to the US...

We should all rally to support free speach... not feel good when it is marginilized.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Im sorry if thats bad...

We should all rally to support free speach... not feel good when it is marginilized.

Since you probably missed it within these 19 pages let me sum up my feelings on this. If it is within the borders of th US fill your boots with your freedoms. Those freedoms however, do not extend outside of your borders. If you want to prove this, go over there and say exactly what you said in your previous post, and see just how free your speech is.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by elgoog

the source is the koran. like the one the us soldier used for target practice.
(with good reason too)

If you really want the links to where this stuff is found...why don't you provide a linked list to a peaceful, non derogatory koran, which according to muslim law, cannot be altered in any way, therefore, we are all reading the same one. I'd like to see this hippy koran that says we all can live in peace, i don't for one second believe it exists.

You're not even making any sense here. If you believe that the goal of Islam is to convert the world, how are Muslims supposed to do that without translating (altering) the original text? This just shows how ignorant you are, and as such, I deny you.

But, if you are curious here's a translation. However, I know you won't read it, you'd prefer to remain ignorant of it. Hey, I kinda like it better that way, it makes you an easier target for debate.
quran-online.net...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Im sorry if thats bad...

Yeah.... nobody is against that?

It's the other things you said that worries me.

Also this soldier is NOT in america, he is in a muslim country, someone who is hired to KILL, and he shoots up a quran. It's not something respectable, and is definetly something to worry about, when most people there are muslim, and he has a gun.

Yes he has free will etc, but I doubt you would feel comfortable with muslim soldiers taking over the USA and shooting up bibles?? lol come on!!?

Now tell me the REAL TRUTH.

If you were a muslim living in iraq, would you feel comfortable with this soldier around your family?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
The 'idea' of free speach is something that is deeply routed in the minds of Americas.

I don't think that we can just shut our minds off from doing what we know. We can't live our whole life living with a free mind, and all of a sudden be expected to use thier brain like they have thier whole life, just because they are in some foreign nation?

People can do what they want in the US... that doesnt mean i have to like it... an american muslem can join the US army, and he can choose to shoot a bible too.

Destroying a peoples sacred text in from of ones people probaly isnt a good idea, and it probaly is pretty rude to do!

But if you want me to demonize the guy i cant do it.

I think people should be able to do want they want as long as they are not hurting anyone else.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

He's not a person when he joins the military. He chose to become US property and represent the US government. He's no more than a gun with a brain to point it. Free speech doesn't enter into this.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Raso,

Are you impling that the constitution no longer aplies to its citizens when they are in the military?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

That's right. Instead, they are subject to the DoD directives and regulations. Their rights are limited.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Im sorry if thats bad...

i might aswell make a reply to this.

1. hes in Iraq and something that has been stated many times,
as a serving member of the US forces in Iraq he should know the values and customs of the country he is serving in,

the US is a occupying force in Iraq and needs the trust of the locals.
now the last thing the US forces need is people shooting up the quran pissing off muslims in a hostile enviorment where they get targetd by insurgents.

break the trust with the locals and your back to Zero.

the US constitution ends when they leave their flight and walk on Iraqi and the soil of other countries.

2. what does respecting others have to do with Sharia Law?

3. for Free culture i would avoid the middle east and US.

4. there is Free speach and just ignorance (but do as you please as long as its not going to put in harms way like a war zone and so on)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The legal effects of the constituion may stop when you leave the US soil.

But the free thought of the mind and free actions of one does not stop.

I would rather Americans have the 'label' of being rude, rather then being a nation of whimps.

Is shooting the quran a good way to make muslem friends, probaly not.
Is it a good way to express you freedom, probaly...

Question? Is it illigal to shoot the quran in Iraq or other muslem countries? Or is it against Mulesm religion?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Im sorry if thats bad...

And yet despite you not wanting others to force their views on you, you have no problem forcing your views on them.

This is as hypocritical as shrub saying he loves freedom whilst being best buddy's with the saudi's.

If ignorance is bliss, I'd say you are a very happy person.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

The ironic thing is I'm from Texas, too.
In fact, I believe we're both from the greater Houston area. But your analogy is perfect! To assume all Muslims are extremists is akin to assuming all Texans are rednecks.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

if your main goal is to not get the towel heads pissed off... while crapping on the tradition of free speach...

It's ignorant rants like this that paint Westerners in a bad light. Instead of spewing forth aggression and hatred under the guise of free speech, why don't you post something of merit to the conversation.

The Bible like the Quran, can be translated and misconstrued to meet almost any agenda. You don't see people shooting up the Bible because they disagree with Fred Phelps and his minions. Why? Because rational people realize that he picks and chooses his passages to agree with his own twisted logic.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21 >>

join