It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO sighting tonight..... (above American River, Sacramento) 5/17/08

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I have only had 1 UFO sighting in my life until tonight. The first one was a weird orange-red light floating around while I was on a flight from Albuquerque to Oakland.

Anyways, tonight... 2 friends and I were floating down the Sacramento river right after dusk... probably about 8 or 9 PM. I was sitting in the front of our little canoe/raft. As usual I was watching the skies because the stars just started to come out.

I was watching 3 stars which were very close to each other. One was blueish-white... and it started moving. It started moving to the right... horizontally... so I figured it was an airplane.

It remained as 1 solid light, no blinking lights whatsoever. So I continued to watch it slowly move to the east...

Then I watched it "shoot off" into space, at least that is how I would describe what it looked like. Then I just kept looking at the 2 stars remaining, which did not move at all. I excitedly told the 2 people with me on the raft but they did not seem to care much.

I have no pictures or video, just what I saw with my eyes. I believe it to be a true UFO sighting, and that is why I am posting this here.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Diplomat]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Hiyah Diplomat,

Thanks for posting your sighting and its description

You are the rare person that gets 2 sightings in your lifetime...and I also want to comment that it sure sounds like fun, just floating down a river, glad you had a nice weekend and a heck of an experience

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Maybe you should change the title of the thread, just in case others saw something and didn't consider it worthy of a thread, or lacked the long term cred you have. I think its awesome, as I used to live in tahoe, road the truckee at night my self as well...

I meant to change the thread to , "sighting in Sacramento, time, etc..."

[edit on 18-5-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson

Maybe you should change the title of the thread, just in case others saw something and didn't consider it worthy of a thread, or lacked the long term cred you have. I think its awesome, as I used to live in tahoe, road the truckee at night my self as well...

I'm not sure what you mean, what should I rename it to?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I'm changing this to say that it's possible that you saw something that was witnessed by more people, so can you give some more details?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I'm changing this to say that it's possible that you saw something that was witnessed by more people, so can you give some more details?

Ok, I changed the thread title accordingly, because I just asked my roommate if we were on the Sacramento or American river, (I'm not from here, I'm from the Bay Area) and it turns out we were on the American river.

We were on the American River near Arden Way. That is the main street near where we got off the river, and approximately where I witnessed the light shoot off into space. It was pretty much right above me... maybe a little bit further towards the west where the sun had set.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:09 AM
link   
i personally feel the thread's name should be changed to what JasonJNelson suggested. Place and time sorta deal. Some others hopefully saw the same thing and can share it as well. Another reason is because i can see people not bothering with this thread cause it would be "just another ufo sighting". That would "reattract" those members. i was almost hesitant on viewing this thread but i'm glad i did.

Thanks for sharing you experience. I'm jealous i wasn't lookin at the stars, i feel i would've been able to catch it if i was. Maybe not though, Vegas is on a road to a black, starless sky.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:16 AM
link   

About how long was the object in motion, and within view. Did it gain speed rapidly, or blink and it was gone. The distance? And did you experience any emotions? (that may seem weird, but others have reported such things, and since there is little in the way of new activity, you have my full attention!)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Probably the ideal sighting... floating down a river with a UFO zooming off into the sunset without any threatening circumstances. Lucky indeed! Don't forget to lodge a report with Mufon: www.mufon.com...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   

About how long was the object in motion, and within view. Did it gain speed rapidly, or blink and it was gone. The distance? And did you experience any emotions? (that may seem weird, but others have reported such things, and since there is little in the way of new activity, you have my full attention!)

I would say from the time that I noticed the 3 stars or lights... it was about 25 seconds total amount of time that it took the blueish-white light to travel a little ways before it shot off into space and disappeared.

I must also note that in my original post I said it moved to the right and to the east. Well it did move to the right from my perspective, but it was not moving towards the east, it was moving towards the north. I was rafting down the river looking directly where the sun had recently set, the west.

Also, it was somewhat emotional. The emotional feeling didn't last very long at all, possibly because I was with some people who I don't talk about this type of stuff with much.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Diplomat, I am collecting stories about life along theAmerican and Sacramentos rivers for a piece to be published in the Sac. News and review, your story would be a welcome addition. If you are interested please email me at: [email protected]

Thanks!

Noel

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That is a cool sighting report diplomat. I have seen EXACTLY what you describe, only it was two objects that looked like stars. A military jet was in the area, and when it banked toward them, they shot straight up and out into space very quickly till they vanished. It was amazing to see how fast and high they could go.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Oh Diplomat, Why did I not get to you sooner? I am sorry, I asked questions, and then never came back.

So it sounds to me like you had a real experience. I would love to know if you filed a MUFON report, as you never know what others saw. I Hesitate to say that it was a ufo, which is why I asked about the feelings you experienced.
In my past, I have seen many unexplained things. Living now by a military base, and an airport, I see approaching and departing aircraft that seem to disappear, when I would realize that they had just gone out of sight on that last blink. Lights have a weird way of fading...

So the three times that I know I saw SOMETHING, they were followed by unique experiences inside me as well. One time in particular, (and you have to know how my mind works, like a billion story high filing cabinet) I know that my brain became paralyzed with trying to process the event, followed by a huge bust of endorphins. Like a high that was caused by a phenomenal discovery.

Do you have a follow up? u2u if you don't feel like keeping this thread alive...-Jason

[edit on 3-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

new topics

top topics

join