It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new Planet X Nibiru Video Footage! & Photo's

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Intriguing!

I never been one for the whole Planet X / Nibiru theory, but the more I read about it, the more I'm starting to wonder...

Also, if it was mercury, wouldn't the light from the sun kinda obscure our view of that planet? I'm thinking of like when there's a full moon and the stars in the sky appear dimmer... (excuse my lack of scientific knowledge, just throwing my ideas out there c= please, correct me if I'm wrong)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Pjotr

Ahh ok, I'm with you now. Hmm, I have Stellarium too, but Mercury is very close to the Sun, so I'd expect to see it near the Sun at any given time.

^ That image was taken with the Japanese Hinode solar observatory. Hinode is in Earth orbit vs. SOHO's Lagrangian point 1 orbit which is roughly halfway between here and the Sun.

I just thought that that image above gives a good idea of scale here - it'd be a heck of an optical illusion for Mercury to be that big in that YouTube video.

*snip* - an illusion I attribute to lens flare.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Here's the Image I had on stellarium, forgive about the time being screwed as it is not localized but showing the time seeded from my computer clock - but nevertheless it's the same date and about on the morning as the sun rises:

Originally posted by mattguy404

Mercury is very close to the Sun, so I'd expect to see it near the Sun at any given time.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by mattguy404]

I think the important aspect here is whether Mercury is beyond or before sun, when viewed from earth. In this particular case, it is beyond the sun, and therefore in my opinion it is possible that it reflects the sun light brightly to us. Would it be before sun, it would seem like a black dot as in your pic.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by v01i0]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
The screen and the dual pane window are causing the anomoly IMO. If the videographer wanted to totally knock off all debunking, have him go outside and film it.

At 1:17 of the video, when he goes back to record it again, the window is slightly ajar. Does he slide it open and record? No. He keeps the camera pointed down until past the opening and then shows you through the window and screen again.

Bogus until i see some unobstructed vid recording of it.

My $.02

Silver

i agree tell the guy that filmed this to go outside and film it again i bet he will only film the sun.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
It's a lens flare, besides it can only be viewed at present time from Antartica.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

I think, That's one of the planets in this solar system. They pass behind the sun quite often.

I lost the link to the SOHO schedule of planet intrusions, but there is one posted someplace.

No point in getting scared.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RSheafer
It's a lens flare, besides it can only be viewed at present time from Antartica.

You be meaning planet X (or Nibiru, or Tiamat or whatever)? If it can be viewed from Antartica, it can be viewed from almost whole southern hemisphere. I live on the northern one, so I cannot really tell

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Video says hes from Chicago, easy way to find out of hes full of it is for someone in IL on ATS to wander outside at around 6am and report back.

It looks a lot more convincing than most of what I've seen so far, seeing as he pivots around and it stays in the same spot. But like I commented on the You Tube post, if you were driving to work at 6am and there was suddenly a second sun in the sky... wouldn't someone inform the media? I mean it's not every day our solar system spontaneously spawns another star... as far as I know.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Its a white water tower. That video is straight bs. People would be freaking out. The guy knows its bs. Could be a radar dome either way you can clearly see a structure supporting it.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I'm now inclined to think it's Venus given the following comparison. The first image is from 2000 and shows 4 planets within the field of view. The object in the current SOHO image most resembles Venus.

Source Page: sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov...

If the object is indeed Venus, it's strange that it's on a direct path to intersect the Sun (the only Venus transits in our lifetimes are 2004 & 2012). Don't take my word for it though, I'm a photographer, not an astronomer...

As for the original video on YouTube, it's most likely a lens flare resulting from multiple layers of glass within the lens rather than the double paned window. At one point you see 3 dots, all of which are the Sun reflected on a deeper layer of glass within the camera and recorded askew on the CCD.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Basically:

1. If there was a new planet in the close vicinity of the Sun, everybody, all over the World, who could see the Sun, would also be able to see its new companion. Not just the guys sending videos into You Tube. A new star in the sky, that close to the Sun, would not be something that even the mightiest of TPTB could cover up. It would even make Fox News.

2. I'm betting on, videoing the Sun through double glazed windows, being the cause of an artificially created 'Sun Dog.' Usually these are caused by ice crystals and refraction in the upper atmosphere, but double glazing will do the same job. So, Everest®, not Nibiru, in my book.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpvskyfreak
T MATGUY that is not lens flare man sorry to say the object stays fixed in relation to when he moves the camera .. lens flare would come in and out of view when the camera is moved.

Did you check the Video from time 1:23 to 1:28?? In reference to the 'chimney' that is directly below it it moves WAYYYYYY to the left then a bit to the right before settling the camera again..

Reflection/flare 100%.. sorry.

double glazed window.. he chooses to NOT film through the open window??hmmmm

[edit on 18-5-2008 by AGENT_T]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

The object in SOHO pics indeed seems to be Venus. Stellarium gives similar results (note that the dates in YouTube vid and SOHO pics are different, in YouTube vid the object is most likely Mercury and in SOHO pic it might be Venus):

[edit on 18-5-2008 by v01i0]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Good catch, FredT.

The anomaly is directly over the chimney until the camera moves to the right and it moves to the left. This was apparantly done to obscure the Sun and show that the anomaly was still there and, thus, not a lens flare.

When the camera moves back left, "Nibiru" moves right back over the chimney.

It was shot through a double-paned patio-door window. "Nibiru" is a reflection from the inner pane.

au.youtube.com...

Transparent HOAX.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well about 2 months ago at work in the office me an about 40 other co-workers seen something really close to that for about 30 minutes during sunset, the sun was setting, but beside the sun was what looked to be like a second smaller sun... some people called it glare, me on the other hand reading this stuff all the time continued to watch it, sure wasn't no glare, too big to be glare, and as I walked closer to the window in the office the second sun didn't disappear or move... kinda freaky, never seen it again tho, must have to have the perfect conditions or something... the night sky here in the north has been a bit brighter at night too... kinda interesting... wish I would have snapped a pic of it, but my cellphone really sucks...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuning Spork
Good catch, FredT.

Transparent HOAX.

DANGGIT.. You found out my secret identity... Gonna have to kill you now..

Some things are caught accidentally and raise real questions after.. This one seems pre-meditated re: the 'open window'

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Dude can some one in the Chicago IL area get their ass out of bed early on the next clear day and get some sun rises with out glass and maybe even experiment shooting through a filter so we can put the whole lens flare thing to sleep as well...

Who's up for the job? I'm in Hong Kong and we have so much smog we don't even see stars....

If we can get this one sorted out we can start building bunkers without feeling like a dick head.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

You're assuming that the comet is the same distance from the observer as the sun is. It looks bigger because it's closer. If there was an object 1/10 the size of the sun anywhere near us, we would feel it. There would be massive tidal upheaval among other things.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jpvskyfreak

No one will, or should, because the anomaly is already gone. If you bothered look at the dates of those posted images and videos, you would've noticed this. What else you missed? That the YouTube thing is Mercurius, or that the SOHO pic thing is Venus? All explained above

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join