It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Fears New Credit Card-Sized Electronic Passports Vulnerable to Hackers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Congress Fears New Credit Card-Sized Electronic Passports Vulnerable to Hackers

www.foxnews.com

In an April 25 letter to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, 18 Congress members voiced concerns over the Passport Card, saying it will be used as "proof of citizenship and identity in everyday transactions; as a proof of identity in [Transportation Security Administration] lines, to enter federal buildings, to engage in financial transactions, and to obtain driver's licenses."

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.washingtontimes.com

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I did not know a passport will be used "to engage in financial transactions, and to obtain driver's licenses".
Is this news to anyone else?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
OK, if Congress is concerned about passports, why are they not concerned about the REAL ID's? They are no less dangerous and no less susceptible to being falsified. But I suppose that we will just let them continue to tell us what is best for us. *sigh*

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
It almost sounds like the new passports are the REAL ID.
Or did you mean state issued DL's?

[edit on 20-5-2008 by hoppy]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
of course there vulnerable to hackers. all new technology can be abused, taken apart and changed in to something else. thats why i have hope for the future as surveilance tech is used against us their will be people around to turn it into a advantage for us. hacked rfid chips, hacked, spoofed and faked implant chips. soon everyone should either learn the basic of electronics and "hacking" or become friends with someone who is .

top topics

join