It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Predicted Starting Date For War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 08:53 AM
link   
As many of you know I live in the UK.I was struck the other day that the BBC were showing the classic documentary series "The World At War".For any that have not seen this comprehensive history of the Second World War with naration by Laurence Olivier I would say it was recomended viewing.Recomended or not it is totally inapropriate for the Christmas TV schedule.Each programe is an hour long(BBC remember so no comercial breaks)and there are around 30 episodes.To fit this in over the Christmas holiday the BBC have scheduled 2 episodes per day in the late morning except for Saturday 28th Dec when they added another episode(The harrowing Holocaust episode)in the evening.So we are having 2 to 3 hours war coverage daily over Christmas.Generally this particular program is screened over the Summer (It does have an educational purpose for school children on holiday).

A favourite piece of mine in Tom Clancy's "Red Storm Rising"was the(fictional) use of patriotic movies on the eve of the Soviet attack.I wonder if we are seeing something similar here.We all can guess that the final episode will be the atomic bomb.The concluding part will be screened on the 3rd Jan.As a few of you have had a bash at a prediction, I will now make one of my own now.

Between the 3rd and the 5th of January either the Air war will start proper or that will be the time that the UN inspectors are told to pull out.

Have you notice any unseasonal TV scheduling in your country?Anything that could be there to prepare the population for war?

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Defiantly JB! (In my opinion anyway �though since the Sopranos season is over I have nothing much to watch on the TV).

Again, all my opinion, I have seen more and more �war� stuff on TV. The Learning Channel (don�t know if that�s a US-only channel) a few months back had some segments about the Gulf War. One I watched was a re-enactment of a group of SAS behind enemy lines. HBO recently released �Live From Baghdad� about a CNN crew in Iraq during the Gulf War � GREAT show by the way. The History Channel (my heart truly goes out to anyone that doesn�t get the History Channels), which always has war shows on, especially WW II, has re-run some Gulf War shows that I have noticed.

I think JB, you�re absolutely correct in that we�re being prepared for this coming war.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1

Have you notice any unseasonal TV scheduling in your country?Anything that could be there to prepare the population for war?

Nothing in mine country. Except these peoples who are allways shouting and barking in the streets ( with all their fu%*ing commies and palestinians flags
) against GWB and Sharon. In fact, everything is " normal ". Well-minded and leftists are crying in the streets, the police is monitoring them
and I'm shouting & barking too against them ( the pro-saddam demonstrators ) in front of my tv screen.

But today, I have heard on the tv news that the coalition attack is for the 02/21/2003.

[Edited on 29-12-2002 by ultra_phoenix]

new topics

join