Could this cause the end in 2012? New pulsar found.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I know how it will defy the laws of physics and reach the Earth in 3 years...

It's going to plaid...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Proxima Centauri is a star only 4.2 light years away from us, how the hell could a star 21,000 lightyears away affect us massively, the niburu theories are also insanely unbelieveable. Think about the actual speed of niburu, it is not travelling anywhere near lightspeed so it would have to travel for unimaginable periods of time before it makes one full orbit.
Don't believe everything you read and don't take things at face value. people can make you believe just about anything, through flawed statistics and psuedo-science that sparks interest undeserved by the rubbish it was originally concieved from.
I know of one truth and that is Jesus, our path to God. I accept the majority of science and am not one to deny true science. I implore you all to do likewise.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RusytyShackleford

i agree with half of your post light does exsists as both wave and particle and the acts of observation callopses the wave function ..

I dont think its prudent to apply quantum mechanics to such vast distances as they are not married correctly..........................yet.....

Quantum mechanics is the very small and 21,000 light years is the very big

to your final point 'nothing can travel faster than the speed of light'....

this is because light is a constant ? right?

last year scientists slowed down the speed of light officially!

during quantum observations linked particles that are seperated by distances show instant responses to change in spin ... you turn a particle one way and the other instantly reacts ..

so these particles ARE linked via a form of information travelling Faster than the speed of light. .. Thus something is breaking the light barrier .. thus something 'CAN' travel faster than the speed of light.

just a few ideas

[edit on 22/5/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
reply to post by RusytyShackleford

i agree with half of your post light does exsists as both wave and particle and the acts of observation callopses the wave function ..

I dont think its prudent to apply quantum mechanics to such vast distances as they are not married correctly..........................yet.....

Quantum mechanics is the very small and 21,000 light years is the very big

to your final point 'nothing can travel faster than the speed of light'....

this is because light is a constant ? right?

last year scientists slowed down the speed of light officially!

during quantum observations linked particles that are seperated by distances show instant responses to change in spin ... you turn a particle one way and the other instantly reacts ..

so these particles ARE linked via a form of information travelling Faster than the speed of light. .. Thus something is breaking the light barrier .. thus something 'CAN' travel faster than the speed of light.

just a few ideas

[edit on 22/5/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

Right on. I should have qualified my statement. Nothing can travel faster than the speed of light in a vacuum, which hasn't been slowed, according to general relativity.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Nothing that our limited understanding, thus science/physics, can explain. I understand science is not complete knowledge, merely understanding of some with posture on other issues. Not complete enough for me to be comfortable with the reading between the lines being treated as cold hard facts.

It is all relative to the level of understanding you work with.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
[edit on 5/18/08 by Sleuth]

You would have no problem hearing it, the translated frequency would be 465Hz which is would be a low pitched beep, the human ear is capable of hearing all the way up to about 20,000Hz and as low as 20Hz.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Lecter]

Yes but in children the range is far greater. Thats why all new music sounds like crap. All the earthquakes and wierd weather is from our current three magnetc norths convergin into one by 2012. wiki orbital planetary wobble and google video electric sun/galaxy(powered by our Galaxy Of Duality at our center).

[edit on 20-6-2008 by daemonicsoul]

posted on Sep, 3 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Shrukin89

but what if the companion and the pulsar to be the ones that collide at particular orbit nearing earth, surely transfer of energy may be instense enough to rattle the bones of mother earth. great article, love ATS

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
To some stupid people just like me who can't understand what this geeks are talking about.

Compare the the way a blind man hears a sound to the way an able man see light.

If a blind man is falling and will be hit by a plane flying faster than the speed of sound, he would be hit then the sound of the engine would register (if he lives that is) If the plane is flying at the speed of sound he would be hit and hear the sound almost at the same time.(taking into account the distance of the engine and the nose of the plane me thinks.)

How about if it is flying slower than the speed of sound?
Hmnn... Observe the siren of an incoming ambulance. The high pitch and low pitch would have smaller intervals.

The way a once stable object catapults into the speed of light going in a single direction I do not know. An energy with equal power should also act on the opposite side. Newtons third law of motion.

There are scientists out there maybe they can explain better.
Everything is just me. I dunno...
There must be more than I can see....

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by eRauzed
Okay, to all you people who are freaking out, just take a step back and have a nice cup of chill the hell out.

There is no way in the world that this could even possibly be the infamous Planet X/Niribu. Why ? You obviously haven't taken notice to one big detail, the distance. I mean god 21,000 lightyears is a LONG LONG way away.

Well, for the real record folks, Marduk, Nib..or Planet X, is due either December 2009 or December 2011 max. The planet itself is a gigantic furnace. It serves for the annunaki, our creators to trash down Worlds where the # has hit the fan, i.e. the antichrist became a super antimatter bomb capable of blowing the whole solar system or Universe.

Theres a technology called Halo jumps that an alien race called 'covs' (because the look like the aliens in the Halo game) use to do the dirty works of the Annunaki meaning:

They are steering the Earth/solar system in the direction of Planet X, a gigantic furnace after the Annunaki's demand. The Greys and black goverment knows all about this, so it's either December 2009 or 2011...

Planet X agents say if we avoid Planet X or if the antichrist decide to blow the hell out of Nibiru, there won't be any creation possible. So, Marduk is blackmailing the antichrist in some sort of way.
This is not BS
but since I'm just a guy with no avatar, you may as well ignore me and die this coming December.

ps: BTW, Planet X is cloak at 90%, so you wont see it coming, but she can't cloak infrared emission, so you'll feel the heat fo' sure. It's really closer than you think.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Relax. The star is 21,0000 ly away, and as the article pointed out one light year is about 6 trillion miles. That picture isn't to indicate the actual distances between Earth & the pulsar, it's to compare the relative sizes of the Earth's orbit around the sun vs the pulsar and its companion star.

Trust me, 21,000 light years is pretty far. Gravitational, radiative and magnetic influence are beyond nil at that point.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
We have more to worry about in the oort cloud at the edge of the solar system. Something there is perterbing that whole part of the galaxy and we cannot as of yet, see it. There may be a black hole in the oort cloud in our solar system and some are worrying about objects tens of thousands of light years away. I cannot see objects that far away, making any difference in our lives any time soon.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Typical

Why is it that something new discovered in space always turns into a thread about Nibiru? This is one thing majorly wrong with ATS, the twisting of information

And Ahabster is right......3 times the speed of light is impossible because nothing moves faster than light

If any of you PX'ers think your smart enough to disprove Einstein and all the other great scientists and astronomers out there, please do so

Sorry, but big thumbs down for this thread

How do you knowthat nothing moves faster than light

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Am i missing something or is my math off?

'located about 21,000 light years'

If its that far away it couldn't possibly be here in our lifetime
.... or our childerens lifetime... or out childerens childeren...
ect.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by Bachfin]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

This won't be happening any time soon though. Probably not even in our life time.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Even if that is gonna hit earth, it wouldnt be in 2012,
Look at earths positioning atm, if it hit us it'd be in like half a year or so,
Unless, which i think it is, the picture is completely retarded and out of scale,
So don't worry,
If we do die, it won't happen in 2012, and it'll show all those 2012-end-of-the-world-ers.

Jacob

[edit on 3/4/2009 by JacobNH]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Since Earth is about 8+ light Minutes from the sun, and this pulsar at 20000+ light Years - the picture is not exactly correct. I bet that the guys who placed the picture in the article understood even less then me in astronomy. And it is hard.

Edit - wrong word.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

Yes, I was wondering that. According to the image, that pulsar should be in our solar system? Wouldn't we have had two suns then?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
This new found three star solar system with the millisecond pulsar reminds me the movie called the Dark Crystal. The movie takes place on the planet Thra. The three suns would circle the planet and every 1000 years the stars would line up creating a Great Conjunction. The alignment would herald a great destruction or a new beginning. Sounds like the 2012 scenerio.

I was surprised to see this. I have always loved that movie and have thought the same thing. Weird someone else did too. Most people I ask about this movie have never even heard of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join