It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this cause the end in 2012? New pulsar found.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Astronomers baffled by weird, fast-spinning pulsar

Reuters News Link

The rapidly spinning pulsar -- an extraordinarily dense object created when a massive star exploded as a supernova -- is called J1903+0327 and is located about 21,000 light years from Earth, the astronomers said.

When earth comes around its orbit it looks pretty close to me ... Could the magnetic forces from the pulsar effect Earth in any way? like earthquakes? volcanoes... etc etc.

The scientists, writing in the journal Science, speculate a third star -- perhaps a neutron star or white dwarf -- might be orbiting with the other two. Scientists know of about 100 pulsars in two-star, or binary, systems, and this might be the first in a triple-star system

Could the third star also have an eliptical orbit? could this pass close to earth ? thus causing a catastrophic event that has been recorded in the past , and cycles noticed but not heeded, or at worst hidden from the masses by the elite? cycles noticed by sumeria , the stories of planet X etc... and maybe by other civilizations.

I might be barking up the wrong tree here but 21,000 light years feels awfully close espcially if we maybe are solar systems merging .. i mean many thins in the universe swirl and merge.. i lean more towards third star in an eliptical orbit that crosses ours every few thousand years .. We even now may be feeling the effects after 29 nautral disasters world wide so far this year ..

Buckle up...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This new found three star solar system with the millisecond pulsar reminds me the movie called the Dark Crystal. The movie takes place on the planet Thra. The three suns would circle the planet and every 1000 years the stars would line up creating a Great Conjunction. The alignment would herald a great destruction or a new beginning. Sounds like the 2012 scenerio.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Dark crystal classic movie of its time.

Suprised more people havn't posted .. here we have scientific proof of a very close 3 star system with ELIPTICAL orbits!!! Nibiru anyone?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Astronomers find interesting things all the time that slip under the radar and/or go unannounced and, therefore, unnoticed by the public at large. It does make you wonder why NASA needed to have a press conference about it.

So now, four years prior to the infamous and highly speculated and discussed 2012 scenario, they have a press conference which could possibly herald Planet X.

One might say it's a coincidence...but are there really any coincidences?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This thread gets a flag from me, because i think we may be looking at the first real and physical proof of the existence of Niburu.

Even the orbits are somewhat eliptical if you take a good look and compare it to Earths perfectly round orbit.

[edit on 18/5/08 by TheNetherlands]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The rapidly spinning Pulsar from the supernova that exploded would probably have either very little effect or no effect at all, here on Earth. The dispersed energy that is released from the Pulsar would disperse and fade away.

Having a planetary orbit within another orbit is nothing new.
Example: The Earth revolves around the Sun. The Moon revolves around the Earth. You can possibly add that there can be satelites rotating around moons.

Just as long as you have a planet or something that has a larger density mass that has a greater gravitational pull, than the object that is rotating around it.

It seems as though on the picture that 21000 light years away is awfully close according as to how the picture was drawn out.

But 21000 light years away is pretty darn far away. So you won't have to worry about feeling the effects from it. I would be more concerned of what effects the sun will have on us.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Love to hear an audio file. It's probably to high-freq to hear though.

I'm on board with the Nibiru-candidate idea. It's the most likely scenario so far.

[edit on 5/18/08 by Sleuth]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Since Earth is about 8+ light Minutes from the sun, and this pulsar at 20000+ light Years - the picture is not exactly correct. I bet that the guys who placed the picture in the article understood even less then me in astronomy. And it is hard.

Edit - wrong word.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
i know what your saying about the distance .. but what if a massive neutron star is orbiting this newly found 3 star system....

And the orbits do not look eliptical .. they Are eliptical the first ever orbit of its kind found.. so the article states.

So as i said earlier i know its a distance away but what happens if this supposed star that should also be there (3rd) is in another weird eliptical orbit .. one that passes close to us every 3600 years or so ...

[edit on 18/5/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Oh please, seriously, why does everything like this that gets discovered have a silly 2012/Planet X/Nibiru connection? Why do you people do it? Although this pulsar has some strange characteristics, it is relatively nothing new. As the article states: "Scientists know of about 100 pulsars in two-star, or binary, systems, and this might be the first in a triple-star system, say the researchers."

This object is also 21,000 light years from Earth. Do you know exactly how far that is? It is DAMN far and not even classed as being in our back yard. 21,000 light years = roughly 123441601049868750 Miles, or 198617536089238820 Kilometers. Even if it was miraculously "heading this way" it would not even get here in time for 2012.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
To answer the OP's question, NO.

Why is everyone so damn quick to jump on the Planet X, Nibiru bullcrap wagon??

Ya know It was all MADE-UP by some guy named Zecharia Sitchin?

According to Sitchin's interpretation of Sumerian cosmology, there is a hypothetical planet which follows a long, elliptical orbit, reaching the inner solar system roughly every 3,600 years.

So what happened 3600 years ago of any significance? NOTHING!

All of this Planet X, Nibiru crap has got to stop,
its just a distraction from what's really going on.

We're all here looking for the truth, especially about 2012, so may I lend
a helping hand and show some of you to where the real conspiracy is...

Ever hear of the Technological Singularity?

Our Government and the Military Industrial Complex
are building a "God on Earth" system. It's unprecedented.

This is the being called the biggest government commitment
to technological research since the space program

You really want to know what's in store for us? Review all of the following:

Beyond Conspiracy: Artificial General Intelligence
(ATS Newsletter Special)

DARPA's iXo Artificial Intelligence Control Grid

They Want Your Soul

Google Video Link

An Inconvenient Truth ON Al Gore: The Google A.I. Conspiracy

Couple More Years: Artificial Intelligence and "Religions Last Stand"

DARPA AI .mil & more

Massive defense software under scrutiny

Remember, everything else is a distraction.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by aecreate

Nice post aecreate. I would also just like to add to the OP's 3rd post where they say: "but what if a massive neutron star is orbiting this newly found 3 star system...."

A neutron star is typically just a few miles across and will have a mass as great as the Sun. A neutron star is formed from the collapsed remnant of a massive star; i.e. a Type II, Type Ib or Type Ic supernova. Models predict that neutron stars consist mostly of neutrons, hence the name. A typical neutron star has a mass between 1.35 and about 2.1 solar masses, with a corresponding radius between 20 and 10 km, respectively - 30,000 to 70,000 times smaller than the Sun so the densities are just enormous. If you dropped a marshmallow onto a neutron star it would have the energy of an atomic bomb because the gravity is so powerful.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent Venom

Nice posts yourself

I feel your signature quote,
"For every credibility gap there is a gullibility fill."
is very appropriate in this case.

Sitchin has about ZERO credibility, so that's a BIG gap to fill.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel

When earth comes around its orbit it looks pretty close to me ... Could the magnetic forces from the pulsar effect Earth in any way? like earthquakes? volcanoes... etc etc.

Oh for the love of...

Thats a size comparison chart. Ok? Its 21,000 light years away. Meaning, its no where near close. That diagram does not show its location or position or closeness to our star system. Its no where near us in even stellar distances. PERIOD.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
Love to hear an audio file. It's probably to high-freq to hear though.

I'm on board with the Nibiru-candidate idea. It's the most likely scenario so far.

[edit on 5/18/08 by Sleuth]

You would have no problem hearing it, the translated frequency would be 465Hz which is would be a low pitched beep, the human ear is capable of hearing all the way up to about 20,000Hz and as low as 20Hz.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Lecter]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Let's see an object 21000 light years away making a round trip every 3600 years? No, this is not Niburu, if that exists. Because it would have to travel over 3 times the speed of light to make that trip, if it were a straight line.

A passive study of another old religious text fairly clearly describes a direct impact of a comet and the aftermath. Perhaps a string of pearls type if you think of the four horsemen as different colored lights as debris clouds the atmosphere. But that since it is from the Bible it is not as an exotic of a source to seem plausible for some people I guess.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Typical

Why is it that something new discovered in space always turns into a thread about Nibiru? This is one thing majorly wrong with ATS, the twisting of information

And Ahabster is right......3 times the speed of light is impossible because nothing moves faster than light

If any of you PX'ers think your smart enough to disprove Einstein and all the other great scientists and astronomers out there, please do so

Sorry, but big thumbs down for this thread

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Well actually tachyons do, but only slightly faster and they don't last very long to be considered as actually exisiting as stable bits of mass.

At least with Wormwood there is no specific date to make the "I told you so" crowd disappointed.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
d00d 21000 light years is a heck of a long way away....

it takes like two hours for a signal from earth to hit like pluto, The closest star to us is like alpha centauri which is like 5 light years from us.... So 21000 light years is like it feels to me, half way across the galaxy ....????

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Okay, to all you people who are freaking out, just take a step back and have a nice cup of chill the hell out.

There is no way in the world that this could even possibly be the infamous Planet X/Niribu. Why ? You obviously haven't taken notice to one big detail, the distance. I mean god 21,000 lightyears is a LONG LONG way away.

For example, Proxima Centauri, which is one of the debated to be part of the Alpha Centauri star system is the closest star to ours which is at 4.22 light years away. Do we worry about that star ? No! So why worry about a star that lies nearly 5000 times that distance ? That artist rendition is very inaccurate/not to scale. I will say its a pretty picture though
If that picture was to scale, holy hell you would know about it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join