It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google has disowned me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I'm not sure what the problem is, but Google used to have tons of content on my site. Maybe it's that I've changed my site format, but suddenly Google is no longer updating their results for me. Check out the link:

Google being a meanie

And then check out the site link in my signature. Any help on this would be appreciated. I used to be able to search my name on Google and plug right into my own site as the first result. Now I get nothing. Just for your info, I've created my site in PHP/MySQL. I just figured out that my XHTML isn't 1.0 standard. Could that have anything to do with it?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Well, thanks for the help everyone! I'm making loads of progress on this! (Not!!)

If anyone here has web experience, I'd really appreciate the help!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Isaac Tanner Madsen

I wasn't ignoring you, I'm just too tech stupid to help.

But I'll gladly bump this to the top in hopes someone else can help.

And it might be good to bump it in the morning (U S time) when more people will be here.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks. Still haven't found a solution by the way. Ideas anyone?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Isaac Tanner Madsen

make a new proxy site, with a link to your normal site, might work

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
You seem to have little content on your redesign, just what looks to be your resume.
Did the old site of yours have much more content?

Google doesn't like under construction sites.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I already have links to my site from plenty of other sites, mostly forums like this in my signatures. Usually that's been enough to keep my site up there in the results. My previous design looked crappy but worked well w/ Google. Now it looks better but has crappy Google interaction. I have noticed that the more content my site has, the more Google results take notice of it. I guess I just need to keep adding material, fix the xhtml issues, etc. I think my meta tags might be screwing with Google as well so I might just remove them for now and do some research on that.

Thanks for the help!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
My website looks amateurish, all my templates if I have any at all are made by me, I like to do it myself, but that has nothing to do with results.

Content is hard to come by, but if I think of something, or something happens (like a pregnant stray cat) I ADD it, I'm all over the place though, I have no focus on one topic, that's my downfall.
My other problem is time and motivation.

But I link my site from forums I go to, I add content when I have idea's and viewership slooooowly creeps up.

Perhaps next week I'll add pics of my potato sprouts.
All hail the potato, especially when cut into strips and boiled in oil and smothered in tomatoe gravy!

Content is king.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Add Meta Descriptions to each of your pages, also add Detailed Page Titles.

Like for your homepage, change the title to: Official Site of Isaac T. Madsen | Ikerspot

Also put an alt description for your logo image, use an h1 tag instead of the h2 tag for your page header.

Your page is being indexed; and indexed correctly. its just a pagerank 1 so you can't expect it to receive too much credit; but it does rank in the top 3 sites for your name.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Just thought I'd say... my old website no longer exists, so this thread is now somewhat irrelevant. So if anyone's wondering why they can't find my old website... well. It's because I've gone and started a new one.

www.filmaroundtheworld.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Oh... and just to make matters worse... the old website was apparently bought by China. Well, good for them I suppose. It wasn't serving my purposes anyhow. Hopefully it does them some good.

posted on Jul, 3 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
How do you mean Google used to have tons of content on you site?

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
DID YOU NOT SEE THE NEWS HEADLINES 2 WEEKS AGO..??????????/

GOOGLE CHANGED THEIR WEB ENGINE ALGORITHYMS, IT KILLED LITTERALLY BILLIONS OF SITE
TRAFFIC HITS AND REFERALS... MANY SITES ARE DYING BECUASE OF IT...

edit on 28-3-2011 by ZOMBIEMASTER because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZOMBIEMASTER
DID YOU NOT SEE THE NEWS HEADLINES 2 WEEKS AGO..??????????/

GOOGLE CHANGED THEIR WEB ENGINE ALGORITHYMS, IT KILLED LITTERALLY BILLIONS OF SITE
TRAFFIC HITS AND REFERALS... MANY SITES ARE DYING BECUASE OF IT...

edit on 28-3-2011 by ZOMBIEMASTER because: (no reason given)

Considering this thread is several years old, I don't think that has anything to do with it.

And what's the deal with the ALL CAPS? You've mad a ton of posts in a all caps today, not very good forum etiquette.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
IT WAS IN THE TOP TOPICS AREA ...SO IT WAS A SYSTEM GLITCH THAT IT WAS UP TO REPY TO.. I CERTAINLY DONT GO DIGGING FOR ANCIENT POSTS TO REPLY TO... JUST LIKE YOU WOULDNT ....EH...

DONT WORRY ABOUT THE CAPS THERE HOMER.... IM LEGALLY ALMOST BLIND AND I USE THEM TO
BE ABLE TO SEE WHAT I WRITE.... ITS PROTECTED ACTION UNDER THE LAW.... SO DONT GET YOUR PANTIES ALL IN A TWIST ABOUT IT... IN FACT... JUST MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS...AND IM SURE YOULL FEEL MUCH BETTER......

top topics

join