It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we want an End of the World Scenario

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't know about anyone else. But I want an "End of the World" scenario! But... I dont know why!

Anyone been wanting or wondering about this scenario? I mean, why would I want people to suffer/die. Is it because my life is boring? I don't know if I could survive in this case, or any. Man, some days I wish it would just happen, other days, I'd care to see it happen. I was never alive during any wars that affected my life. Except for the War on Terror, but thats not even fought on American Soil.

Does anyone else want something like this to happen. Keep in mind, that I'm not only talking about destruction. I'm talking about great moments in history. Whether it be, UFO mass landing, Nuclear Blasts, Wormhole inventions, Sun bursting, asteroid impact, or anything of that sort.

Maybe I want these things to happen because, in times like this, love engulfs the world. No matter who you are, you have to share something you couldn't normally express. You feel like you have a limited time, so you'd rather spend it with love and not pissed off at everyone. Usually people who commit suicide or try to, feel like their world is ending, and no one elses, they think its not fair.

Anyone have any ideas on why people want the EotW scenario? Also, sharing unique End of the World Scenarios can be useful to this thread.
Thanks for reading!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Who told you that people want "end of the world scenario"?

I don't want it but why do you? Is your life that boring or are you just trying to condition people to accept the inevitable?

Seems like you have a sinister agenda.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The end of the world is caught up. That is wicked and shall be disreguarded with Murder.

To experience Murder is to experience Hell.

^^That is where the end will agree to be. Then the end accounted were living, but yet in still existing. Thus the second Murder shall ever murder the once murderer (which is the end) from the beginning. Then there shall be God Alweakly (Who is the end) placed put to stop ending Another's life.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
My grandparents had leisure time; my parents don't.

I think people want it to end because life has gotten very hard.

I don't know of anybody who points to their future or their children's future with confidence right now. Do you?

I think people want to end this scenario and move on to something else, less taxing.

Heaven or even, Hell.

fix typos

[edit on 17-5-2008 by sarcastic]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
You have seen the world change more in your lives than all other previous generations combined. Time itself is widely considered to be the intervals during which events occur. As the events increase, the time between them shortens, and as a result we perceive time as now traveling at a break-neck pace. Many of us are trying our best just to hold on.

At the time of typing this the estimated world population is 6,673,018,010. So far this year alone there have been over 51 million births and only 21 million deaths, meaning that since January 1, 2008 the world's population has increased by approx. 30 million. That rate is increasing.

The World Clock: www.peterrussell.com...

Technological growth is increasing just as fast with computer processor speeds more than doubling every 18 months (Moore's Law) and the pace is accelerating to what many refer to as the Singularity (the point at which everything becomes possible and time loses its familiar meaning).

en.wikipedia.org...

You are stuck in a point in time and forced to experience the world with everyone else. How you deal with change and the passage of time differs from person to person. Some people are becoming lost in the chaos. Some people are overwhelmed by everything that's happening around them. Some people are looking for some much needed timeout.

Governments are spending money like there's no tomorrow. If they know we're speeding towards a brick wall, they're not telling us, nor are they helping us. Some people see the brick wall ahead and are reaching for the brakes only to realized this car doesn't have any.

Many people see this coming. The people who seem unaffected by all this know somewhere in the back of their mind that our world at present is on an unsustainable course towards a multiple failure gridlock where there will be no food, no fuel, scarce unpolluted water and air, and many many angry and despairing people.

Life it seems lately is an unending game of Tetris. The blocks won't stop dropping, and they're coming faster and faster. Before you can put one where it belongs another slams down on top of it. Pretty soon we're all reaching for the reset button, or the plug. I for one am in the game until the game's over, whether it be in success or loss. We have to refrain from focusing on the end and look beyond it.

You can't step outside of Now, but you can prepare for the future and hope for the best.

Adapt. Learn. Survive.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Because sometimes you just have to flush the toilet.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
The end of the world would truly make us all equal. The end of the world is the big equalizer. Those at the top probably don't want it, but they know they can buy a better shelter and perhaps survive better. Those at the bottom know most those at the top will be right next to them in the end.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I don't want an end of the world scenario necessarily, but I have to say that I am definitely tired. I work 3 jobs and still don't leave nearly as well as my parents did when they were my age. Granted, I'm lucky because two of those jobs are online, but I meet people every day who are tired and frustrated and would do anything for a reset button. Thankfully, I do enjoy the work that I do, and that helps a great deal. What I really want is a revolution--a revolution of thought, a revolution of true patriotism, and a revolution of humanity. I see various ways that that could be accomplished, but they are all long shots.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think it comes down to the fact that most people simply love disasters. Theres some sort of blood lust deep inside of us where we absolutely savor watching disaster occur because of the death and misery that comes from it.

I think its particularly salient in our world today because for most Americans, the closest brush we've had with disaster has been watching it on TV. We love watching it and we can feel safe watching it while reveling in the gore and bloodshed. Its much like how people have hurricane parties on the beach when one is approaching. Its completely stupid, but people enjoy the thrill - until someone dies. In much the same way, whether people admit it or not, we love the though of disaster and watching all the horrors it brings - as long as it does not impact us personally. The minute it does, everything changes.

Thats the way it is for most people, although I realize it isn't socially acceptable to admit this sort of thing. People will always claim they don't want the end to be nigh. But deep inside, most do. Because its different, and it appeals to that carnal blood lust in us all - destruction on a global scale. I think its whats behind a lot of the "the end of the world is at hand" conspiracy theories - catering to people who want it badly.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

But We I mean many ATS members.

No offense EarthCitizen07, but maybe you didn't read my OP on this thread carefully.

"Does anyone else want something like this to happen. Keep in mind, that I'm not only talking about destruction. I'm talking about great moments in history. Whether it be, UFO mass landing, Nuclear Blasts, Wormhole inventions, Sun bursting, asteroid impact, or anything of that sort."

I'm sorry if you think I'm sinister, but I just have a feeling something is going to happen. Its just a hunch though.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Mabus

Mabus, thanks for your great scenario, and yes, it must be hell for the person who committed murder. Sometimes I try guess how it would feel to have killed someone, I can't imagine the horror!
Thanks!

sarcastic, Funny you should say, all my relatives have high hopes for me and my cousins. But I'm sure there are many people who feel like theres a terrible future, waiting for there sons/daughters. Or are you just being sarcastic?

Thanks!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Bravo Evasius!

I don't think anyone at the moment could have explained that better. Many thanks for your interesting read. Thank you, now I know how many people are born and how many die a year. I'm glad you decided to post all that information on my little thread!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Snap

Snap, Heh, that was probably the best one liner for this topic. Because it can open many doors into other fields. Thanks for your great post!

verylowfrequency, Thats a great Point of View. Plus I can easily share that same Idea. It doesn't matter if you were the richest man or the poorest. Maybe it all depends on how you treated others on your stay here. Thanks man!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius

At the time of typing this the estimated world population is 6,673,018,010. So far this year alone there have been over 51 million births and only 21 million deaths, meaning that since January 1, 2008 the world's population has increased by approx. 30 million. That rate is increasing.

The World Clock: www.peterrussell.com...

How creepy is it knowing you are one of close to seven billion people currently living on this planet? Seven billion of us and we are all different in our own way. End of the world - everyone has their own opinion on what may or may not happen. As for me, I could go either way on the whole end of the world as we know it thing happening in my lifetime.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I want to feel that I have more options than I see opening up for someone with my abilities and potential.

I'm worried that there won't be any turns to take when it's my turn.

I would like to see a new beginning take shape somehow.

Does going to church help? I've never paid much attention to it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

I'm glad that you see upsides and downsides to your jobs. I'm gonna guess you have a great personality. Sometimes people just don't think what others go through. The pain and suffering goes all around the world, in different sizes!
Sadly this is true. We all have our times. Thanks for your post!

Thanks everyone for all the ideas and point of views! Even if they were negative.

new topics

top topics

join