It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DOJ says No FBI Agents Participated In 'Abusive' Interrogation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

DOJ says No FBI Agents Participated In 'Abusive' Interrogation

thinkprogress.org

A new report from the Justice Department’s inspector general concluded that “no agents for the Federal Bureau of Investigation took part in the military’s rough interrogations” in Guantánamo Bay, Iraq and Afghanistan. The report, however, also states that agents were too slow to respond to misgivings about questioning tactics. Some agents said the “torture tactics” they witnessed “yielded little actual intelligence“:

F.B.I. agents complained to superiors beginning in 2002 that the tactics they had seen yielded little actual intelligence, prevented them from establishing a rapport with detainees through more traditional means of questioning and might violate F.B.I. policy or American law.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
AAAHAHAHAHA....

Now I suppose that all these folks who have been arguing, beyond the ILLEGALITY of this sickening enterprise, that torture "works" are going to REFUTE what THOSE WHO WERE THERE are saying?

So much for all you folks defending torture as being "effective" for coercing RELIABLE info!

As we can see from the FBI itself---It doesnt do ANYTHING but VIOLATE THE LAW.

End of story.

One F.B.I. memorandum spoke of “torture techniques” used by military interrogators. Agents described seeing things like inmates handcuffed in a fetal position for up to 24 hours, left to defecate on themselves, intimidated by dogs, made to wear women’s underwear and subjected to strobe lights and extreme heat and cold.

thinkprogress.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join