It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can't relax neck while trying to Astrally Project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I feel more comfortable while lying on my back to astrally project (but i sleep on my side), but I can't relax my neck. I have tried different combinations of pillows in different positions but it doesn't help. It makes my neck relaxed for about 20 seconds then I can feel the tightness in it.

Any suggestions will be appreciated. (I attempt to project in a bed btw)

[edit on 17-5-2008 by staggamate]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Try tensing up the muscles in your neck/shoulders for a full minute or so (until it hurts, and you feel the burn). Then relax. It also helps with tension headaches.

And good luck with the astral travel, I have tried so many times over the years and could never do it. I'm jealous.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yeah I haven't achieved it yet either, and I've been trying on and off for about 3 years. I recently got back into it and am trying The Gateway Experience, but now my neck problem has arisen I can't get to Focus 10.

Thanks for the quick response, I haven't tried that method yet and I will definitely give it a shot.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I hate to be that guy but I was wondering if you knew how the make it stop?

Seriously though...I've been out like 4 times in the last 2 months and have not tried to. It just happens some times. 2 days ago as I was beginning to feel the vibrations, something was holding me down and literally choking me, I could just barely breath. I managed to "shake" free and return to physical. I've had the vibrations for more than 15 years and only resently started to let them go and actually leave my body. I read a book "Journeys Out of The Body" by Robert A. Monroe. He talks about experiences and also gives a few ways to try and relax to achieve the vibrations. The first time I got out, the vibrations came and I let them go...once they became very intense I reached my arm out and thought to myself "i'm ready to go now" and something grabbed my wrist and pulled me from my body. It's a crazy feeling.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by riotact1
I read a book "Journeys Out of The Body" by Robert A. Monroe. He talks about experiences...

I read one of his books a long time ago and I found them to be disturbing. For most being completely relaxed is difficult to begin with, and some of the weird stuff Monroe talked about in his books was anything but relaxing! Some of the stories he told were just creepy (i won't mention them here as I don't want to cause issues for others), I certainly did not need those ideas floating around in my subconscious!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Oh yeah? I only read that one book because a friend of mine thought I should...he shared some interesting stories but none of which came across as disterbing.
Sonya610...have you never had any experiences with the out of body thing? Only reason I ask is that I was out yesterday and looked at my hands and forearms and they seemed to be made of light...was really strange. Also, as I was moving around it felt like I was being lead around but I could control where we/I went by thought. Each time is more intense than the last. Not sure what to expect any more.
Terry

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I used to think I never had dreams..

Since i've been meditating, I remember my dreams every night... and if I have a good long meditation one day... usually the dreams come with more clarity. Through meditation and just generally stopping to question your reality, I find it has (at least for me).. opened up doors for me in the dreams... I find i'm having lucid dreams more often...something would happen and I'd realise theres no way it could be the concious reality I think it is.. and when I realise i'm lucid dreaming... I tell myself.. I wanna astral project.

That usually does it for me every time..either I snap into my body with the vibrations/noise/ paralysis... or I project in a more dream like sense... what I mean is... I think they are one in the same, but we choose how to experience it. I think the key though, when trying to actually..leave the body so to speak.. is to relax.. and not force it.

Good luck with that.. And if you do astral project, it might be brief.. as we have a tendency to manifest our fears there.

Its good to be prepared. Good luck with all that.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Try learning classic meditation techniques before you try astral projection.

I have yet to get past a few feet out without snapping back into my body.

I cannot yet overcome that well ingrained fear that if I leave I might not be able to get back. It is irrational but it still snaps be back into my body every time I have tried.

I am totally disgusted with myself when this happens quite honestly because I should know better but I just can't get past it.

*sigh*

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by riotact1
Sonya610...have you never had any experiences with the out of body thing?

One time when I was 12 or so I managed to get a few inches out, but that is it.

Like NephraTari I seem to have an ingrained fear. The few times I have felt my third eye open and felt like I was about to go out of body (the third eye thing alone doesn't trigger it, its the OTB sensation that does) I become physically nauseous, as if the "instinctual" part of my body says "Whoah...thats a bad idea and we aren't doing it".

It is frustrating, so much so I have basically given up trying (have been trying for about 20 years now off and on, and it just became pointless).

Personally I do not consider lucid dreams to be the same thing. I have semi-lucid dreams, sometimes very violent in nature, but that seems totally different.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I completely understand your fear. I can only tell you that once you are out of your body that fear changes to amazement and if you do try and succeed, don't forget that you have all the control...you decide where you go and when, most importantly you decide when you return. Just think to yourself "ok...that's enough I want to return to my body" and it will happen". Keep me posted.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
OK I have overcome this problem.

I am working to improve my posture (which is currently bad) Overall I am doing more stretching (perhaps making me more relaxed overall).

But what made my neck less annoying instantly was my pillow arrangement. Instead of lying the pillow flat and placing the back of my head on it, I pushed the pillow into the curve of my neck, so something is supporting it instead of my neck just tense with nothing to rest on.

I hope this helps you, and I might be able to draw a diagram in paint if need be.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by staggamate

I have been able to AP since I hit puberty. My dad learned it from an old indian he drove truck with. I tend not to do it now because I'm afraid of it, but the secret is to basically self-hypnose. I used to be able to do it sitting up in the living room. I really can't explain how I did it, but always make sure you know where your thread is if you are successful.

new topics

top topics

join