It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Ballroom Video

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I'm looking for a video that I saw on a documentary about 4 months ago. In it, the investigators were in a ballroom with a camera pointed at a set of windows. Outside of the building, there was a light shining in. This light hit the camera directly in the middle of the picture.

As the last investigator left the room, an apparition moved across the screen from left to right. It was so realistic that it even made the light dim subtly as it passed. There was no explanation for that video by anyone there, nor can I find one myself.

I've looked for it quite a bit since then, but have come up empty handed. If anyone else saw this show, and recalls where the video was taken, or has a link to the video, could you please let me know? I'd love to see it again, as it was the most conclusive evidence yet to the existence of something out of the ordinary.

Thanks,

TheBorg

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I follow two ghost hunting shows and I think you might be referring to this ghost hunters (TAPS) show...

but in regard to events happening to suggest a genuine presence trying to show itself or be noticed, then IMHO, it is this particular episode I think you should check out...

What happens with the torch is amazing.

While we're on the subject of odd things ... anyone ever noticed any resemblance of Grant Wilson to a very well known ATS personality?

A big thumbs up for any correct answers...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, that wasn't the episode. The show that I remember wasn't a TAPS one, if my memory serves me correctly. What stood out the most to me was that no one saw this apparition until the following day while reviewing the tapes of the previous evening.

I just cannot find it anywhere on the web, and I'd love to see it again. It should be the standard by which all other ghost videos are gauged, in my opinion.

TheBorg

Edit: Oh, and Grant reminds me of Springer, our very own Owner...

[edit on 18-5-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Proverbial nail on the head..

Yes, they do look so alike.. spooky huh..lol

I have been thinking about who or what show that was.. there's not that many on TV that I'm aware of..

Can you remember any of their names or even a small bit of shows title..

I'll do all i can to help you find the section you're after.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

I only wish that I knew. If I remembered what show it was, I would have found their website by now. It's really frustrating to see that clip over and over in my head, and not be able to see it again on TV to make sure that I'm seeing it in my head right.

The clip was so vivid that you could make out the clothes that he was wearing as he walked, his hands were well-defined, the coat / shirt he was wearing was clearly visible, and you could see the separation of his legs as he walked.

Truly spooky to say the least. It's the only time that I've been VERY excited about a ghost clip. I've been scared out of my seat by those surprise ones, but this was something completely different.

TheBorg

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I'm just checking some vids of the Winchester mansion ballroom..

Most haunted crew were there.. they did a live shoot there according to the clip info., but this was Oc.t '07

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Found the place... It's the Bourbon-Orleans Hotel. What I cannot find, however, are any videos of the ghost.

A search on Google reveals that there have been reports of dancing couples in the ballroom as well. I remember this in the show as well.

At least now I have someplace to shoot from...

Thanks Extralien!!

TheBorg

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
EA still on the case for you..
just found another show called haunted investigations..

will do a search using what you've given now too.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Much appreciated... still not finding any videos...

TheBorg

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Nothing on Youtube, disclosetv, torrentz, iptorrents or scrape torrent...

Really need the show name TBH...

I've tried combos of the name... still nothing..

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Yeah. I wish I had more information, but it seems as though this was just pushed under the rug like so much hogwash. I hope it comes on again, as it was really interesting after that little clip... nothing quite as dramatic as it throughout the rest of the show though. Just that clip that stood out.

TheBorg

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The show was a 2 hour special on Sci-Fi channel. The video was taken in a hotel in Virginia City Nevada. On the same show they also investigated the Goldfield Hotel where they filmed the infamous 'flying brick in the basement' scene. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the show.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
A friend of mine recorded the video...the filmed apparition was incredible.
I want to say the show was called "Ghostly Encounters". I don't remember! I left him a message to call w\ the info.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Anyone ever try to contact the TAPS guys to join ATS? I really don't understand why they wouldn't want to be 'subject matter experts' on this site. I mean thats what they do for a living, right? Well, besides working for Roto Rooter!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
TheBorg...My buddy called to say the show was "Ghost Adventures", but it was apparently not the one you're describing. The one we saw took place in Nevada,
not New Orleans.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by lw2525]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Ghost Adventures: A Raw Documentary into the Paranormal, originally aired on on Wednesday, July 25th at 9:00 p.m EST. That's the show you were looking for, aired on SciFi.

This show was awesome and very authentic in my mind. I was very surprised to see that on one had ever made a thread about this one time show or anything about the Goldfield Hotel.

The film where the apparition walks behind the guy is freaky! I remember that and wish someone would upload it on Youtube.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This trailer is kinda corny...however, the apparition walking in front of the light can be seen at 2:00. Very cool! I just want to confirm whether or not this is the video you're looking for.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Just found a great video on it: www.youtube.com...

Maury has Zak Bagans and Nick Groff and shows a lot of their clips from their documentary.

And here is their MySpace: www.myspace.com...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lw2525

You Beautiful Beautiful person!! That's EXACTLY the one I was looking for!!!

I LOVE YOU!! Thanks a boatload!!!

TheBorg

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

You're most welcome. That clip of the apparition is awesome.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join