It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Underground base near Gwinn Michigan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I heard that near Gwinn is a large underground base which is a key base for sending signals. I heard that an AFB (whatever AFB stands for) is also nearby. The coordinates for the base are supposed to be 46ƒ 16.8′N 87ƒ 26.5′ W, has anyone else heard of this before?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Your post is almost word for word from this site.

here

The sites author refers to Phil Schnieder as a source of the information. I did not read through the entire page but I believe Phil Schnieder's story of underground alien bases preposterous.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Any chance ATS can start a forum on underground bases? That would get these posts off the Area 51 forum.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
Your post is almost word for word from this site.

here

The sites author refers to Phil Schnieder as a source of the information. I did not read through the entire page but I believe Phil Schnieder's story of underground alien bases preposterous.

I had actualy got the information off of that sight and pasted it into a word document so I could try to find more information on it. But I cant remember if I got it off of that sight or another one. It just seemed interesting to me because I live in michigan and not to far from Gwinn.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I was stationed at the air base near Quinn Michigan for 4 years. What information would you like to know?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Anything realy Im just curious

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The name of the base was K.I.Sawyer Air Force Base. It was a SAC base with B-52's and ADC(Air Defense Command)that flew F-106's. I worked on the F-106's as a weapons loader for 4 years. The base was closed down in 1995 but the airport was moved out there from Marquette Michigan and several companys still operate there. What you might have heard about is something called "Project Seafarer". I knew about it when I was there. I had almost forgot all about it until I was watching an episode of "The X-Files" where Fox Mulder mentions it. I looked it up and it's an antenna of some kind that originates in Clam Lake Wisconsin. They use this for communications with submarines. Do a search on "Project Seafarer" and you should find plenty of info on it. As far as Gwinn Michigan it's a town that is about 7 miles from the base. I spent many nights at the famous "Gwinn Inn" downing beer and bowling. I went back up there a couple of years ago to see the fully restored F-106 that they put on display. I have never heard anything about an underground base. I'm planning on going back up there this summer so let me know where to possibly look. I will admit it would be very easy to hide up there. Go to Google Earth and look about 20 miles south of Marquette Michigan(shores of Lake Superior). The base has very long runways. Hope this helps.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

How is it possible that you worked for the AF and have no clue about ELF in the UP.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I am not sure if it was said but just in case:

AFB = Air Force Base

I love hearing about secret bases.. will continue to read on this thread to see if anything else pops up.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
If you read my post I did have a "clue". I just thought it would be better if the guy looked it up and read about it himself. I had a security clearance and when discharged you sign a form stating you will not talk about various parts of your job.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by darklink6666

What your talking about is the Navy's ELF antenna for sending info to submarines. One is at or outside of Republic Mi. in the UP and the other is at Clam Lake, Wisconsin. Nothing out of the ordinary in the UP, just beauty and Werewolves. LOL

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Underground base near Gwinn

posted on Oct, 29 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
There is a underground base located south of Ishpeming. It's North of Gwinn 20 miles or so. The underground base is part of the Cleveland Cliffs project and I believe there is a underground road system that is massive. There have been tunnel tanker trucks seen in town. Anybody that says anything about what is going on can't be believed. The mining operation there makes a nice cover for this base. I heard that this base will be used as a fresh water supply getting its water from Lake Superior.
There is another underground base located in Grayling, Mi. That one is a little more well known with locals.
I hope the day never comes for us to be in need of using such bases. Consider Russia currently has two nuclear missile launching subs in the Atlantic and three in the Pacific. They all just sit idling in the ocean waiting to take action if needed. Now of course we are doing the same thing in the oceans as well. It's like we all are waiting for the green light.

new topics

top topics

join