Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

your ghostly expereince post them here

page: 2
7
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
How many do you want? I've lived in three places so far with some sort of paranormal activity.

One of the most life-altering incidents happened at an art commune in Iowa City @ University of Iowa. I was living in an old house near a slew of fraternities and sororoities. Apparently, this entire area was prone to paranormal activity and there were stories from most people living in teh area. Several significant experiences of mine happened here.

People who often slept on our living room sofa often said they saw the image of a hanging man in the tree outside the _ Others often claimed to have felt a presence in that room.

One night as I was studying for finals, I was in the dining area - which was adjacent to the living room. It was late at night - not sure of the time. From the corner of my eye I saw someone walk into the living room area. My first impression was it was another person living in the house. I figured it was time to take a brak and go see who it was.

As soon as I got the the doorway, I felt heavy pressure on my chest, pushing me away. I stepped back for a moment, scared to death. As I was about to turn, to gather my things and get out of there, something grabbed ahold of my shirt, pulled me closer to the door and then pushed me to the floor. I got up quick and got out of there. That was the most tactile experience I have ever had. The power was intense and I had absoluetly no control over it.

In that same house, I was in the basement area - it was a party room / tv room. At the time I was studying film theory. The university had a station that it played various programs on. That night, our professor had scheduled to play The Cabinent of Dr Caligari on the channel. Even though I had seen it several times before, I decided to watch it again - for additional topics to talk about. The most impressive thing about the film that time was the audio score - and I wrote note upon note about it - how it was haunting and worked so well with the film. The following day, I mentioned this to the class who thereby erupted into laughter. Yes, it is a silent film and apparently the verison the professor played was, indeed, the silent version. The soundtrack did not exist. And no, it could not have come from any other place in the house.

When it comes to the paranormal, I have dozens of stories. Those are just a few in very very brief.




posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Here's my experience, I'm yet to join up but have spent hours reading all these threads and think I;m hooked!

When I was about 5 years old we were living in a house nothing unusal about it. But I remember waking during the night and in my doorway I saw a figure of a man very clear, he looked like some kind of farmer and had overalls on with one of the shoulders undone, a hat on an a rake in one of his hands. He just stood there and I absolutely froze!! I closed my eyes tight and hoped that when I opened them I had imagined things. When I opened my eyes he was still there. I put my head under the blankets and was soooo scared I didn't know what to do, I couldn't run out the door to my parents because he was in the doorway and I didn't want to move. I think from memory he must have just gone or I fell asleep again!

That in a story was ok, perhaps I put it down to my child hood imagination or something but then this happened.....my brother is 5 years older than me. One night I was out for dinner with my parents about 15 or 16 and we got talking about things and I brought this up and this still sends shivers down my spine to this day...my parents listened to me intently while I relayed this experience that I never talked about. After I had finished they told me that I had described exactly what my brother had described all those years ago to them and they never told me about it because they didn't want to scare me! My brother and I then got together and discussed all the finer details, it appears that we had both been visited by this same person, he had several visits from him, but I had just the one!



posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
From looking through this thread,it does appear that most of these experiances happened in child hood,hence my theory of children being more open minded,the chances are many of us have had experiances when a child but have blocked them from our memories..I know I for one blocked out many things that happened in that house I lived in as a little girl,maybe it is the minds way of dealing with something unusual...
I have had experiances in adult life,had feelings, felt a presence etc....but nothing as graphic or charged as in childhood...I try to ignore what I feel most of the time because it scares me..maybe as a child you do not feel as scared,so they tend to keep showing themselves because you show an interest in them..like a child who has an "imaginary" friend they grow out of but maybe they just don't see who it is anymore as they age they are not so open minded....



posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm not sure it is an experiance, but a lot of times when I'm alone downstairs in my house, I feel a sort of presence. But I feel it all the time, which is strange because nobody has died in my house.



posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I have one,

In the fall of 1995 at Hohenfels CMTC, Germany....which is a US Army training area/Post, I believe I saw a ghost of some sort.

Polish, Ukrainian, Yugoslav, Russian, British and American soldiers were interned at a prisoner of war camp at Hohenfels until they were liberated by the Third U.S. Army on April 22, 1945, supposedly when the US Army was advancing towards Hohenfels...German Army officers tried executing most of the prisoners by pistol and buried them in a mass grave which is somewhere near the base football field.

There is an area located in the woods near the base football field and behind the housing area called "Suicide Hill". Suicide Hill is a cliff overlooking the back of the housing area, which has a railing to keep you from falling off and has a picnic table and as teenagers we would go up there at night and get drunk. It is rumored that suicide hill got it's name because a high school girl got pregnant by a G.I. and decided she could not handle the heat from her parents and jumped to her death.

One night 7 friends and myself decided to go to suicide hill and get blasted off of some cheap boones farm and coors light. Fifteen minutes into our drinking session some of my friends started to trash the place, throwing junk off the cliff and really making a lot of noise. We heard a vehicle off in the distance which sounded like one of the raggedy VW vans the military police drove which you could hear a mile away...then we saw some headlights in the woods quite a distance away, but looking like they were coming to check us out.

Four of my friends took off running towards a downhill path alongside of the cliff and the rest of us stayed behind crouching near some trees. The engine sound had stopped and the headlights had vanished. We laid in wait for about 5 minutes and then....

My friend tells me he sees a flashlight off in the distance, I look in the direction he said he saw it and I saw nothing. I tell him it's probably a beacon on the other hill flashing through the trees....he says no man, I see a flashlight. Then I saw it...

What I saw first appeared to be someone walking with a flashlight which swayed as the person walked, it was probably 800 meters away coming towards us. As I watched the light come towards us, I notice there are no sound of leaves crunching or anything...totally silent. Then I noticed it did not really resemble a flashlight...there was no beam, it was more like a round white glow.

It got closer, 500 meters away, 300 then 200 still no sound at all. Then it got really close, It was a big ass ball of glowing light about 10 feet in diameter....we took off down the hill. One of my friends and I paused and watched it for a few minutes.

The other group of friends that ran off first were still making noise as they made their way down the hill and the ball of light was floating towards them and that's when my friend and I ran off.


Later on we met up with the other group of friends and told em what we witnessed and they did not believe us at all. They didn't see anything behind them at all. Three of us witnessed the same thing.

Could it be a ghost? has anyone had similar experiences?



[edit on 21-5-2008 by Disinfo Agent1966]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Disinfo Agent1966]



posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shooshoolucy
I'm not sure it is an experiance, but a lot of times when I'm alone downstairs in my house, I feel a sort of presence. But I feel it all the time, which is strange because nobody has died in my house.


I don't think it has to be the case that someone dies in your house,it may just be a visiting spirit....



posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I was one of the previous anon posters but since joined...mine was the story where my brother and I in later life realised that we had the same encounter. Like someone else has previously said, most of these experiences have come about from childhood, I've often thought that children are a lot more receptive (if thats the word) and in touch. It would be an interesting study, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction if its already been done?



posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Disinfo Agent1966
I have one,

In the fall of 1995 at Hohenfels CMTC, Germany....which is a US Army training area/Post, I believe I saw a ghost of some sort.

Polish, Ukrainian, Yugoslav, Russian, British and American soldiers were interned at a prisoner of war camp at Hohenfels until they were liberated by the Third U.S. Army on April 22, 1945, supposedly when the US Army was advancing towards Hohenfels...German Army officers tried executing most of the prisoners by pistol and buried them in a mass grave which is somewhere near the base football field.

There is an area located in the woods near the base football field and behind the housing area called "Suicide Hill". Suicide Hill is a cliff overlooking the back of the housing area, which has a railing to keep you from falling off and has a picnic table and as teenagers we would go up there at night and get drunk. It is rumored that suicide hill got it's name because a high school girl got pregnant by a G.I. and decided she could not handle the heat from her parents and jumped to her death.

One night 7 friends and myself decided to go to suicide hill and get blasted off of some cheap boones farm and coors light. Fifteen minutes into our drinking session some of my friends started to trash the place, throwing junk off the cliff and really making a lot of noise. We heard a vehicle off in the distance which sounded like one of the raggedy VW vans the military police drove which you could hear a mile away...then we saw some headlights in the woods quite a distance away, but looking like they were coming to check us out.

Four of my friends took off running towards a downhill path alongside of the cliff and the rest of us stayed behind crouching near some trees. The engine sound had stopped and the headlights had vanished. We laid in wait for about 5 minutes and then....

My friend tells me he sees a flashlight off in the distance, I look in the direction he said he saw it and I saw nothing. I tell him it's probably a beacon on the other hill flashing through the trees....he says no man, I see a flashlight. Then I saw it...

What I saw first appeared to be someone walking with a flashlight which swayed as the person walked, it was probably 800 meters away coming towards us. As I watched the light come towards us, I notice there are no sound of leaves crunching or anything...totally silent. Then I noticed it did not really resemble a flashlight...there was no beam, it was more like a round white glow.

It got closer, 500 meters away, 300 then 200 still no sound at all. Then it got really close, It was a big ass ball of glowing light about 10 feet in diameter....we took off down the hill. One of my friends and I paused and watched it for a few minutes.

The other group of friends that ran off first were still making noise as they made their way down the hill and the ball of light was floating towards them and that's when my friend and I ran off.


Later on we met up with the other group of friends and told em what we witnessed and they did not believe us at all. They didn't see anything behind them at all. Three of us witnessed the same thing.

Could it be a ghost? has anyone had similar experiences?



[edit on 21-5-2008 by Disinfo Agent1966]

[edit on 21-5-2008 by Disinfo Agent1966]


Well it could have been a ghost,or maybe it was a ufo as they have been known to show as round balls of light,so I have read...What you saw was real to you and your friends..a mystery that you will probably never find out...Sadley we see these things and they normally appear when we have nothing to back up, as in evidence to show what we saw...so then it just beomes our word..
You'd think they could show themselves when we at least have a camera with us



posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by miraus
I was one of the previous anon posters but since joined...mine was the story where my brother and I in later life realised that we had the same encounter. Like someone else has previously said, most of these experiences have come about from childhood, I've often thought that children are a lot more receptive (if thats the word) and in touch. It would be an interesting study, perhaps someone could point me in the right direction if its already been done?


Yes I too would be interested to know....I have even thought about regression under hypnosis to try to find out the rest of what went on in my house as a child that I have blocked from my mind..but wouldn't have a clue where to start



posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
oh yes regression could be very interesting indeed!



posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by livenlearn
 


Thats strange and REALLY freaky!!
When I was younger I used to have dreams that I was trying to run away and I'd get to the top of the stairs (which is next to the stairs up to the attick which my parents had converted into their bedroom) anyway soon as I'd get to the top of the stairs something would hold on to me an pull me so I was sunning but not getting anywhere. Then I'd wake up.

As you walk past the bottom of the stairs as you look up it would be the top left of the stairs and everytime I walk past the bottom of the stairs even now I see out the corner of my eye someone peering round that side at the top of the stairs but when I look up theres noone there!



posted on May, 24 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hi, i think ive seen a ghost, im not sure? ive seen lost of ghosts over the years but this one is different, i see him in lots of places, on the bus, in different bars , he has even been at my bus stop.i know he is not human, as soon as i see him i forget i have, its weird to explain but very real, he even changes outfits, but he really isnt human, i just know, what do you make of it?.



posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by steandgina
Hi, i think ive seen a ghost, im not sure? ive seen lost of ghosts over the years but this one is different, i see him in lots of places, on the bus, in different bars , he has even been at my bus stop.i know he is not human, as soon as i see him i forget i have, its weird to explain but very real, he even changes outfits, but he really isnt human, i just know, what do you make of it?.

Well either you have a stalker in spirit form or possibly a guide following you around

Do you feel threatened when they are around you? as this could be a clue as to whether they are sinister or not...

[edit on 25-5-2008 by special]



posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
wow, I great stories guys. I thought this thread was dead, but i just revisted with now alot of new stories and posts. Some very very creepy indeed. I'll share another one with you guys. This one didn't happen to me but my brother who re-hashed the story back to me. My brother who travels alot for work was out on a business trip in colorado. He was staying at this semi-fancy Hotel, the kind that has pixel or see through glass for walls, stylish i am guessing, anyways that night he was sleeping in his bed. When he woke up to someone violently shaking him telling him to wake up. "someone is coming into your room" My brother wakes up to see a middle aged mexican cleaning lady in his room, telling him someone is coming into your room. My brother stares at the door, and at the door he sees a figure of a black shadow kneeling behind the door, trying to jiggle open the knob and lock.
My brother jumps out of bed and moves to the door to open it, but before he reaches the door, the shadowy figure behind the door gets up and moves down the hall. Now my brother opens the door looks down both hall ways and see no one is out there. Whoever was trying to get into his room was gone. So my brother turns around from the doorway and walked back into his hotel room. Can you readers guess what the scary part is?
That's right, that middle aged mexican cleaning lady, was gone. No trace. Only one way in and out of that hotel room, and my brother was standing in the doorway the entire time. Kinda dumbfounded my big brother goes and situps straight on his, the rest of the night, he spent watching tv, he didn't dare to go back to sleep. Whoever that person or thing was, warned by brother before any bad could have happen. Might have been a ghost, might have been a spirit guide or angel, who knows? My brother did tell me that when he was with her in that room, the mexican cleaning lady made him feel at ease, nothing scary of frighten. Even til this day, he is still a bit dumbfounded by what happen to him in that hotel room.



posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemox42
 


Wow,thanks for sharing...I guess he would like to thank the "cleaning lady" as she may have saved his life...have hard this before about spirits warning she obviously felt a connection to your bruv to have wanted to warn him about the impending danger he was in...



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
yea, i was totally thinking that. Maybe it is true, that everyone gets their own guardian angel or spirit guide concept. I know I have heard of this stuff before, but ultimately i feel like we never really know what that thing was, except for the fact that it was paranormal in nature. My brother didn't bother asking any questions when he checked out, hell i guess he didn't wanna sound crazy. Maybe one day i might ask him of the name of the hotel and do my own paranormal reseach, maybe some news and google searches on murders, killings, etc and see what pops up. I'll let you guys know.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Disinfo Agent1966
 


man that does sound freaky, a glowing white ball that didn't make any noise or sound as it moved through the glass and darkness. It could have been a ghost orb, which many people believe are a visible state of ghosts. 10 feet in diameter is pretty big man, this thing must have been huge. Did you make out what was the source of the glow, did you see what was in the glowing light. did it emit shadows on the background as it moved.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
A few years ago my husband and I rented a house. Pretty ordinary house, 3 bedrooms, one bathroom and a basement. About 2 months into living there I started to see what I can only call "flickers" at the corners of my eyes. When I turned to look I would see nothing. I just notched it up to being tired or imagination. Several months later on a Sunday morning my husband left for work, the kids were at their Grandma's so it was just me. I was laying in bed thinking of what to do when I heard the front door open and the sound of someone running up the stairs and down the hall to the bathroom. I figured my husband had come back, I got up and went to the washroom but it was empty and so was the house.

Another time, my husband and I were laying in bed talking when we heard what sounding like footsteps in our room. They started at the foot of the bed and walked right up along my side of the bed and then stopped. We didn't see anything or feel cold spots. We just looked at each other and said "Did you hear that?" He did too and was freaked out.

The last weird thing was I was sitting at the computer one evening, the lights were out, the kids were sleeping and hubby was due home in an hour or so. As I said I was sitting at the PC when there was a loud "Stomp" right behind me. Like someone either jumping in place loudly or, stamping their foot. I thought one of my kids was up but when I turned around there was no one there.

I also remember my son who was 4 when we moved there, would say there were ghosts in his bedroom, but he wasn't afraid to sleep of play in there.

We never asked the landlords if they had noticed anything, how do you ask that without looking crazy? But I never really felt frightened when I lived there.



posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The house we live in was built in 1842. My computer sits in a room that used to be the "parlor," which apparently, is where they would lay out bodies before the burial.

Right now, no strange occurrences. But there used to be. I don't know for sure why they don't happen any more, but I have a couple of theories.

When entering the master bedroom upstairs, I would sense a presence in there. I didn't like it much. I felt like it was hanging out in there and trying to scare me. The nightstand light would turn off/on by itself all the time.

Downstairs, a mirror on the wall would fall off at night. Oddly enough, no one heard it. Time after time again I saw the mirror on the floor in the morning. It was only about 10" across in a wooden frame. It was never broken, until one morning. I tossed it in the trash after.

In this parlor area, I was looking out the window at night to check the weather. Then I saw an orange transparent blob enter through the wall and go right back out again.

Another time I saw an electric blue haze over the TV but thought maybe it was just an electromagnetic field of some sort.

At the time all this was happening, my hubby's evil stepmother was living with us, an alcoholic. She was not a happy person. She decided to move away and about a week after she left, nothing strange ever happened again.

I guess whatever was here was attached to her, but also liked to play tricks on others. It's been a peaceful house ever since.




posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
At the time all this was happening, my hubby's evil stepmother was living with us, an alcoholic. She was not a happy person. She decided to move away and about a week after she left, nothing strange ever happened again.

I guess whatever was here was attached to her, but also liked to play tricks on others. It's been a peaceful house ever since.



How strange that watever this was attached itself to you husbands stepmother.....would be interesting to know if it is still with her,if it seems to have left your house now






top topics



 
7
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join