It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Group 2012, Eastern Canada?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am looking for mind like people to talk about what is going on, and what may happen soon. What to do, and so on. I am in Nova Scotia, Canada.

posted on Mar, 17 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I live in far North Western Alberta, with my husband and youngest child of 3 years old. My older children are all married and also have kids too. I just became aware of the 2012 threat. I have always prepared for the thought of a economic claps but that did not include ever the thought of heat or water as a threat to us. I keep enough garden seed on hand to do us for 3 years, and my pantry is always stocked with enough canned goods to feed us for a year. We have our own beef for meat and dairy product, and chickens for meat and eggs. We have been gathering old horse equipment and setting our farm up to still work if we had no power. Our elevation level here is between 1,800 and 2,000 feet, but what I want to know before we build the large root cellar to double as a place to survive the so called heat that could burn everything up, and radiation from the sun is how much dirt do we need to put over top of a 12' diameter culvert that we will be using to make it. We do not have hills around us here to build it into one so we will dig a hole and lay it in and then cover the top. Any advice would be great!

[edit on 17-3-2010 by Connie_Cliff]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   
If you want too survive; Canada, USA, Europe all need too crossed off of your survival list [because of the nuclear weapons]. You will not survive in these countries! You need to get out of here and find another place or build something underground.

Me & my young family live in New Brunswick, we are planning on getting out of here quite soon too begin a new life to ensure that our family is safe ... even if it's not half as bad as what is being said .... you still need too make sure that you at least tried, especially if you have children [as we do]!! ........ We have done alot of research and found alot of underground "shelter/homes" that you can actually buy too burry under ground that have beds, bathrooms, storage ect ..... this is the first step people need too make [their shelter] and then worry about your supplies -- which goes way beyond canned goods. There are videos and websites that you can search that show you exactly how too burry these types of shelters under ground. The question is, where the hell too bury it?? You cannot bury these things in a mountain, and im not so sure i would want me and my small family to live in a cave for the next 5 years. I heard alot of talk about mountains, but as all lands and trees are potentially going too be burned down .. and concidering a mountain, is ..well, a mountain ....how do you expect too plant your seeds up in a mountain?? You need too make sure that your are going too be somewheres where you can travel [most likely by foot] too a spot where you make a crop/garden too grow your food -- meaning you have too not only make sure that your high up but also somewheres where the land will not be flooded and/or burned! This is just the BEGINNING too your survival worries .......

Ps, for the Beleivers out there who stopped beleiving - Now is a better time then any [better now then never] too get back in touch with your spiritual side .... go too church, get baptised, except god back into your life & teach your children about him too. You never know what may save you and your family.

If there is anyone in New brunswick looking too start a survival group and plan immediately and start too prepare now, please message us....If you have children, you owe it too them too do what you can too protect them the best that you can. You brought them into this world so don't play a role in taking them away from it. Peace and Love.

ANYONE with a list of safe spots please please please let us know. Dont just say the mountains -- what mountains and WHERE? Thanks so much.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sixxx
Torontonian here. How far Eastern are you?

As for surviving here, there really isn't much other than to go to the Muskoka's, or even further North to the Algonquins.

me too, Torontonian here, we should get together to talk about 2012

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
After seeing lots of maps and grids in the service...

I know where I DONT want to be.

As long as Im not at, where I currently am, Ill be golden.

population centers, major resource locations, or the coasts.

Anywhere else is safe for the most part in the US. All you have to do is be i the middle somewhere. You have mountains on both sides and enough land to have a good warning about anything coming from the sea's.

If TSHTF here, I have several bugout bags stocked for 6months of comfortable living.

Back up truck with a new alt and batt waiting to get thrown in,(emp or whatever), a spot down in the Andes to watch it all burn. Either that, or some where in Costa Rica. Its dicey there, but beautiful.

Either way, look at all the earthquacks and whats going on everywhere. Somethings going on for sure.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Ok, this thread kind of needs to stop. You don't need to move or start spending a huge amount of money on supplies you honestly might not need. And overall NO ONE here can give you advice on what exactly to do there is over 50 theories for 2012 that very well could possibly happen with each case having different effects to the planet.

Overall there are a few things that you need to keep in mind if 2012 does occur. 1st) You more than likely won't want to be in a heavy populated area, the more poeple around you, the more people to likely try an take from you. 2nd) Put at least 6 months of food and supplies away. 3rd) Have a means of defending yourself. 4th) Have a plan worked out with your family an friends in the event something does occur. and 5th) Before 2012 if and when it occurs make sure you have taken care of all your personal affairs (I.E. live like your dieing) while there is still some means of sanity left this world.

People while posting please keep in mind the diffen't scenarios of 2012. You may think your right in what your planning, but there is way to many theories of 2012 to be certain that what your doing is the right choice for everyone.

Thanks

P.S. A really big help for everyone is to buy a couple of survival books, in the event something does occur that would be your new bible.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Torontonian (Southern Ontario) looking for any local 2012 groups or people around me who have or want to create a plan and perhaps pool resources and knowledge..Plz msg me at... pablo24k at hotma1l dot c0m

posted on Dec, 5 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by plo24k

HI plo24k,
Since hearing more and more on this topic, I too am interested in meeting/talking whatnot on where to go and what to do, I keep hearing North etc, I have many places I can go to North of the city, far away from Darlinton and Pickering Nuke Plants, as for survival, I'm a hunter, fisherman and tranning for wilderness survival.. If you would like to talk, reply, Quick question to anyone how the heck do you send PM's?

edit on 5-12-2010 by LakeScugog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hello from northern ontario. Looking to network with like minded folks or groups in ontario on surviving 2012.
namaste
[email protected]

posted on Jan, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I live as far east in Canada as you can get, St. John's Newfoundland. If anything does go down on 2012 in the form of waves or something like that I'm pretty much doomed.

I was thinking about Gros Morne nation park if things start happening. It's only a few hours drive and the max elevation is something around 2,500 feet. Leaving the province would be unrealistic for me, but that's the next best thing I can think of.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hey everyone. My names Derek Smith and i am currently located in Whitby, Ontario. I am 19 years old and I believe I have what it takes to be a survivor if 2012 actually happens. I am a firm believer there is something that is going to happen, but unsure what. I am looking for a group of people who share the same belief and are on the same page as I am, and want to start a survival group. We can share ideas, make a plan of evacuation, meeting points and shelter setup. Let me know if anyone is from ontario who is interested. You can contact me at [email protected]. I would like to start planing very soon, as their is alot of planing needed to survive 2012! Cheers

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tylerc25211

I have been working in my spare time to make a shelter for community use. I came up with the idea after I visited a DUMB base hidden near an american armory. I have already made plans for myself for december 2012, and the events of today through october 21st 2011 are not worrying me too much. I've been working on a late cold war theory of using mineral swamps for both hydraulic and radioelemental protection. You can build at an incredible rate, and it requires much less structure. It is also an ideal area for high yeild vegetable growth. Got several spots scoped out east of Montreal, near Alexandria. The whole area is expected to flood, and experience several thermal expansion through undocumented faults. St Anne des plaines is already starting to ooze sulfer dioxide gas. Have one very stuck excavator I'm trying to salvage and dozer that is due for an overhaul, no budget, and lately I've been distracted. The people there are not very smart, but quite good. They do not deserve what awaits them. Ignorace does not justify that kind of cruel end, and I can deal with ridicule.

posted on May, 30 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Not sure if this helps, But I live in Sudbury, Ontario. Pretty much for anyone to get from one side of canada to the other they go through here. In case any of you dont know, Sudbury is home to The Deepest Nickel Mine in Canada, called Creighton Mine, and riddled with other minesites, some of which are abandoned. Somewhere near this mine is a research facility, some 2 km under the ground (though I do not yet know its location/name). Sudbury is surrounded by vegatation and many lakes, is inland (away from open sea), and with the highest point in Ontario being not to far away, (in a town called Brantford) Sudbury seems to be the ideal place for me if anything happens in 2012. There is one downside, however, in that a military base is located just outside of Sudbury, and we all know if something did happen in 2012, one may be dealing with Martial Law. In the worst case Scenario, where one might have to leave sudbury (for whatever reason) one could simply go north from Ontario, or, head to Windsor, and then cross into detroit and head south. I suppose, since being here would put you almost in the middle of North America, one may also head east or west.

*Side note*: Sudbury is also far enough away from YellowStone, in the event it erupts.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dillrow
Not sure if this helps, But I live in Sudbury, Ontario. Pretty much for anyone to get from one side of canada to the other they go through here. In case any of you dont know, Sudbury is home to The Deepest Nickel Mine in Canada, called Creighton Mine, and riddled with other minesites, some of which are abandoned. Somewhere near this mine is a research facility, some 2 km under the ground (though I do not yet know its location/name). Sudbury is surrounded by vegatation and many lakes, is inland (away from open sea), and with the highest point in Ontario being not to far away, (in a town called Brantford) Sudbury seems to be the ideal place for me if anything happens in 2012. There is one downside, however, in that a military base is located just outside of Sudbury, and we all know if something did happen in 2012, one may be dealing with Martial Law. In the worst case Scenario, where one might have to leave sudbury (for whatever reason) one could simply go north from Ontario, or, head to Windsor, and then cross into detroit and head south. I suppose, since being here would put you almost in the middle of North America, one may also head east or west.

*Side note*: Sudbury is also far enough away from YellowStone, in the event it erupts.

how high above sea level is this area? i'm down in Nevada about 2000 ft asl and tons of caves in the back mountain area... but i have considered migrating north last minute depending on the timing of the second sun. Doesn't look too good for mankind soon if we see that around august, and sudbury sounds like a possible safezone. Ed Dames and Sollog named Canada as one of the primary safezones when TSHTF. Cya soon maybe

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaExray

The whole area is expected to flood, and experience several thermal expansion through undocumented faults. St Anne des plaines is already starting to ooze sulfer dioxide gas.

Nice area where you live. Why do you think that it will be from undocumented faults? Why do you think that this is where the thermal expansion will come from? Why not thermal expansion from all of the area?

Sulfur dioxide has many sources including natural gas. It is removed using the Claus process to produce elemental sulfur.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthseekr1111

Originally posted by dillrow

how high above sea level is this area? i'm down in Nevada about 2000 ft asl and tons of caves in the back mountain area... but i have considered migrating north last minute depending on the timing of the second sun. Doesn't look too good for mankind soon if we see that around august, and sudbury sounds like a possible safezone. Ed Dames and Sollog named Canada as one of the primary safezones when TSHTF. Cya soon maybe

Sudbury itself is actually located inside of a 1.85 billion year old Impact Crater, Called the Sudbury Basin. It is the 2nd largest known impact crater on earth, as well as one of the oldest; so it's elevation is understandably less than 2000 ft (347.5 m (1,140 ft above sea level), but still, not bad for being inside a huge crater; I actually believe that it is plausible that the crater may serve some benifical use (Perhaps it will have the same protective properties from an explosive force as Trenchs did in previous wars) Anyway, Sudbury is on the Canadian (Precambrian) Shield. With 330 lakes within its boundaries, Sudbury has more lakes than any other municipality in Canada. Among the most notable are Lake Wanapitei, the largest lake in the world completely contained within the boundaries of a single city, and Lake Ramsey, just a few kilometres south of downtown Sudbury, which held the same record before the municipal amalgamation in 2001 brought Lake Wanapitei fully inside the city limits. if 1,140 ft asl isnt enough there are other places in ontario which have elevations greater than 2,000 ft asl. As for TSHTF...Well, Theres no place like home
lol

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by creequeen81

Im in upper ny with 30 yrs of emergency nursing experience/trauma nrsg and looking for a group ready or already settled in one of the safe zones who would be willing to accept me and my 12 yr old son who is tall and worth his weight in helping in any community to take us in. We bring our survival equip and food to put towards any community and group plus my knowledge. Anyone out there?

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by traumanrs2012

Why not head to Newcombe? It is high and there are plenty of nice lakes in the area for recreation.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hell, Just found your post and this website, Are you still looking for like minded people to discuss 2012, I, too have been looking , reading, watching everything I can about the NEW WORLD ORDER, but I'm in need of support groups to find a safe location when its time-
for my husband and I and 2 children 10 and 13 . We have some food stalked so far,
and a nice size generator , buts thats it , and I live in Halifax , we are trying to figure out where in the country to settle as we know the city is going to be dangerous., Anyway,
let me know what you think or anyone else out there in the same situation, as it gets
confusing being surrounded by people who don't care about the near future, THANX

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Hello Caterinifamily, Just found your post today as I was searching the web, and me my husband and 2 children ( 10 & 14) are pretty much in the same situation , We figured Canada is not a good place to be when SHTF but uncertain as to where to settle and we would like to go soon-
my husband works in Ft. Mcmurray, alberta at the moment and I'm in Halifax with the children,
Do you have any advice for us or are there any groups getting together in NewBrunswick- We
would like to have a meetup with others starting soon with anyone in the Atlantic provinces.
thanks and god bless, Isabella

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join