It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Group 2012, Eastern Canada?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
I guess being from Vancouver pretty much means I'm screwed unless I can get east of the rockies.

But then you are in the yellowstone blast zone.

Just to brighten your day.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xbranscombex
I just moved to Calgary.. which is 4000m about sea level.. not safe?

Calgary is pretty high up actually. However, it is a primary nuclear target in Canada. I can actually see the target from my office (telus tower). Unless they've finally moved the hub for telecommunications for this section of the continent out of there....and I don't think they have. The recent economic devlopments don't exactly cause it to go down in stature.

Geologically, it is a very stable place. Lots of room, not a lot of geological activity. Your biggest concern here for serious problems is - 1. Water, 2. Food for Winter. Southern alberta is not exactly a wealth of water on the planet. You need water to survive for any length of time so I would suggest that you keep a good supply of water.

Southern Alberta is also badly placed for shipments of any kind. It isn't close to anything. No ports, big mountain range on one side, big expanse of prairie with not a lot of people everywhere else. It won't be high on the list of places to get to first. Too hard, less bang for your buck in saving people compared to more densely populated areas. Southern Alberta has a short growing season, and if it isn't summer you are going to not see a lot of food for a while.

If you are concerned about getting out of the city, which way to go depends on situation in my not so humbel opinion. I'd head North if you want to avoid the crowds. I head to the mountains if I need to get higher. Calgary is on the same elevation as Banff though. If you abandon the vehicle, and use a bike instead - It takes a healthy person about 15-20 hours to bike to Canmore.

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I live in Indiana so I'm pretty much screwed. lol

posted on Jan, 14 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Single mom needs sirvvival group that will allow kids and small pets
[email protected]

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I started my survival eden in 2001. So far there are three builings, main house going up this year. 30 acres of land, including a greenhouse(coming soon), stocked pond, clean water supply, heavily forested for fuel. Solar power (planing to expand and add a wind turbine). This property is located in Haliburton Ontaro, and could easlily sustain 20 people currently, and potentially alot more. The property is surround by vacant land (my nieghbour is also off the grid with 100+ acres). There is a substancial navegable river to the north and the nearest major town is 1 hour away. I plan to keep builing over the next couple of years and hope to be there full time by spring 2010.

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Interested in East Canada survival group. Family, 3 adult, one child, able bodied, hard working. Dad can build, Mom can cook, teach, farm. Will have ample food, seeds, ammo and books. Reading up on grinding wheat to make flour, medicinal plants, and cooking for large groups over open fire or woodstove.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by koytetsu

I'm really hoping to conncet with folks in the NS area about the whole 2012 topic. What started out as fear as a result of ignorance is now more curiosity and a hunger to learn more. I think there is a good chance that the world is in for a major event as we are long overdue and who's to say that the Mayan's weren't on the right track with their prediction of 2012. I just hope that me and my family do not suffer. A shift in conciousness would be cool but a tsunami wouldn't as I live in NS and would be swooped up pretty quick. I'm looking to join a 2012 in my area which is Halifax. Right now I am alone. Are there any groups? Can anyone help

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I live in Sault Ste Marie, I am heading north up Whitman dam area, anyone is welcome but must be 1000% on board as we are all people that will have to live together to start over. We must all be able to get along and be ready and waiting for the governments when they come crawling from their dwellings. Make the planet right again.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I live in the St. Catharines area right between two huge lakes. I was thinking of trying to get up around the Algonquin area. I think it should be pretty safe up there. I really hope I can speak to some more people from this area to see what they think.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nice to see more Saultites here at ATS.

The bottom line here is not so much that something is going to happen (ie. apocalyptic in nature). But to at least have a plan in place.

2012 or any other prediction made, no one knows till it happens. Doesn't even have to be planet wide. Debunkers or not just have a plan in place for your family.

72 hour kits.

Canadian Gov't get ready plan is here.

American Gov't get ready plan is here.

Everyone else

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If you want to survive 2012 might I suggest you to the Rockies, I'm going to Nordegg which is just south of Hinton on Highway 40 in Alberta.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
some say if the sun enters the 'photon belt' (if it exists) first, it'll totally black out the sun for 110 hours. Putting us into an ice age. 40 degrees from both poles.

That isn't too good for you Canadians, or me, i live in Ireland, hehe. If, of course, it's true.

Suddenely Austrailia looks real inviting!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Southern Ontario here. My first choice is Haliburton Algonquin Parks area. I considered caves for shelter fearing only the very powerful earthquakes expected as a risk factor in that choice. A monolithic home would be the ultimate shelter considering its history of being indestructible however time and money have suddenly become large obstacles. Check them out at monolithic homes.com

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
London Ontario here , not a big city easy to escape , not sure about caves though, perhaps in around the escarpment area. Question why be concerned about sea level if your not near the ocean, I'm quite aware the Great lakes make up a large part of Southern Ont , but it's not like they will overflow overnight. There are minor fault lines in the great lakes, I'm amusing this is what concerns people.

[edit on 14-7-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Hi there,

I'm hoping you can help me... I'm doing research for a documentary to be aired on
the CBC Doc Zone about the Mayan prophecies happening December 21, 2012. We'll be traveling around the world to document individuals who are beginning preparations for 12/21/12, such as various speakers, authors, experts and ordinary folks like yourself.

I gather from your post you are preparing for 2012 and are trying to find people to collaborate with.

I would love to find out more about your experience, plans and preparations... Let me know when would be a convenient time to speak. I can be reached either on this e-mail [email protected] or you can pass on your number and I can call you.

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours truly,
Survivor T

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Treelign

Hi there,
I hope you're well. I'm doing research for a documentary to be aired on
the CBC Doc Zone about the Mayan prophecies happening December 21, 2012. We'll be traveling around the world to document individuals who are beginning preparations for 12/21/12, such as various speakers, authors, experts and ordinary folks like yourself.

I gather from your post you are preparing for 2012 and are trying to find the best place as well as people to collaborate with.

I would love to talk more to you about your experience and plans. Let me know when would be a convenient time to speak. I can be reached either on this e-mail [email protected].

Yours truly,
Survivor T

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by lynmoon

Hi Lynmoon,

the CBC Doc Zone about the Mayan prophecies happening December 21, 2012. We'll be traveling around the world to document individuals who are beginning preparations for 12/21/12, such as various speakers, authors, experts and ordinary folks like yourself in Ontario and Canada.

I gather from your post you are preparing for 2012 and are trying to find the best place as well as people to collaborate with.

I would love to talk more to you about your experience and plans. Let me know when would be a convenient time to speak. I can be reached either on this e-mail [email protected] or you can pass on your number and I can call you.

Yours truly,
Survivor T

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

Hi There,
the CBC Doc Zone about the Mayan prophecies happening December 21, 2012. We'll be traveling around the world to document individuals who are beginning preparations for 12/21/12, such as various speakers, authors, experts and ordinary folks like yourself in Ontario and Canada.

I would love to talk more to you about your experience and plans. Let me know when would be a convenient time to speak. I can be reached either on this e-mail [email protected] or you can pass on your number and I can call you.

Yours truly,
Survivor T

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinxs

Hi there,

I gather from your post you are preparing for 2012 and have decided on the best place to go and are looking for good people to collaborate with.

I would love to talk to you or hear more about your experience and plans. I can be reached either on this e-mail [email protected] or you can pass on your number and I can call you.

Yours truly,
Survivor T

posted on Aug, 11 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hope2012

Hi 2012HOPE,

I gather from your post you are preparing for 2012 and are looking for good people to connect and collaborate with.

I would love to talk to you or hear more about your experience and plans. I can be reached either on this e-mail [email protected] or you can pass on your number and I can call you.

Yours truly,
Survivor T

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join