It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Group 2012, Eastern Canada?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Any eastern canadian citizans please U2U me or post a reply here if you are interested. More information later.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

1 e.) Recruitment/Solicitation:

i) You will not use your membership at The Above Network, LLC for any type of recruitment to any causes whatsoever. You will not post, use the chat feature or use the private message system to disseminate advertisements, chain letters, petitions, pyramid schemes, or any kind of solicitation for political action, social action, letter campaigns, or related online and/or offline coordinated actions of any kind.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Jbird]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
By Eastern do you mean East Coast like Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, New Bruinswick, PEI? That's a bit too far east for me.... Southwestern Ontario here.

And I think those terms of service make it against the rules to even ask someone to add you on MSN or invite you over for tea?

[edit on 5/17/2008 by Yarcofin]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Torontonian here. How far Eastern are you?

As for surviving here, there really isn't much other than to go to the Muskoka's, or even further North to the Algonquins.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sixxx

theonly way to survuve 2012 is to reach at least 2 kilometers above sea level. ive been researching ways to survive the pole shifts, i live in south eastern canada and have been looking for a survival group to travel to asia or afirca, the ethipoian moutains or tibet.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I am in Nova Scotia, interested in exchanging some ideas for safe spots in our area. Not sure what the general consensus is for 2012 though. Are you assuming pole shifts or any type of Sit X in general? Most of my preparedness has been having a plan on where to go if global tensions rise between superpowers and a nuclear threat re-emerges. I have been looking at Labrador as a possible place to relocate to if times got dicey.

Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI and Newfoundland are all in a terrible place for fallout from the US. If you look at the old predicted fallout maps, almost all of the US East coast target's fallout would travel right up over the atlantic provinces. Labrador seems far enough north though that it would be safe from this, and also is extremely remote and not somewhere anyone would migrate to after the fact.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by koytetsu

Yeah, mainly looking for people thet live here alredy. I realize its not the best spot (im in halifax) and wouldnt expect people to move here. looking for people who live here alredy to make a plan with, maby a escape plan? haha

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Northern Ontario here...right smack dab in the middle of all 3 great lakes.

Only place for me to go is north. We have some ice caves that I remember hearing about when I was young(er). I think I cave is best, any reason I shouldn't let me know.

I don't think there are many members here from my area either but talking to Canadians about survival tips would be great.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

topo maps do wonder especially if your looking to be high and dry there are a few places in the haliburtans and surrounding area that are 1700+ feet above sea level un less your trying for oxegen deprivation

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Rhain

rhain those ice caves are in Collingwood and they are only slightly above the lake not such a good place to run to as everyone else up there knows where they are.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by picrat
reply to post by Rhain

rhain those ice caves are in Collingwood and they are only slightly above the lake not such a good place to run to as everyone else up there knows where they are.

I've been to Collingwood, went to see a National Horse jumping show there, wonderful town.

We have ice caves here too, never been to one, they're quite remote. But my point was that a cave for protection would be what I would seek. Protection for elements and animals. Animals would be top on my list to watch out for. In case of a natural situation they would be confused and probably attack with little provocation.

[edit on 7/6/08 by Rhain]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I plan to head on up to canada in the event of zombies or any other sitx. Count me in.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
rhain if your looking for a really good cave to disappear into if the need be get a hold of all the topographic maps of your area look closely and you will find any and all abandoned mines in your area a lot are closed up with wood or metal doors ,if you look closely these maps also show any roads or overgrown tracks leading into them.if your in the city look into an area outside of it 50 to 75 mile radius you will be amazed at how many are accually out there -good hunting.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
torontotonian big city hard to get out of at rush hour never mind if the crap hits the fan -a couple of suggestions for you MOVE quick-what is east of you and being built on the lake shore -NUKE power plants-have you talked to the people from Chernobyl or Hiroshima or Nagasaki lately,ops they died.you are just to damn close to them. i have an interesting question for you though-what happened the night that the power failed over the whole grid of Canada and the us concerning these plants safety considering that there was no hydro to run or cool anything for how many hours.and how close were they to melting down everywhere as it seems no one has asked that question let alone gotten a truthful answer to these questions. p.s im in cambridge and i am still to close for my own liking.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Is there a source where I can find out the best place to go in case of a natural or unnatural catastrophe?

I'm in Central Arizona if that matters.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To the OP..
I grew up in Muskoka, and live near Algonguin Park now.

For those in The big smoke..I'd get the heck outta Dodge.
For the east coast..I would NOT want to be on an island.

I don't plan on going anywhere but into the bush around me.

[edit on 8-6-2008 by AccessDenied]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Anyone going to Chile or the Andes Mountains? Lots of small self sustained villages above sea level in Chile as well as in Argentina.

I was gonna take my chances and go to the mountains in Chile, away from the coast and volcanoes when possible.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I'm a young and frequent/impulsive traveler. So, when it comes to survival I would venture anywhere, thinking anything is possible. If there is anyone out there who has done relentless research and knows they have found a perfect place to survive, please do share. For I do believe that doing good for others is the key to the survival of our species.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I guess being from Vancouver pretty much means I'm screwed unless I can get east of the rockies.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Embrace your death, who wants to die from a heart attack or colon cancer when you get a chance at world apocalypse

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join