It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are TPTB building a case against us?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just today, there was an article in the local paper concerning a new traffic camera being put on the 101, (thats a local highway) and my brother and I discussed my driving habits, and how between this camera, and the ones at my work, and the ones at my school and near my neighborhood, the government actually could track everywhere I go, and all the times I am there. I then thought of the recent case in which someone's cell phone was "turned on", even though the power was off, and a conversation was recorded, leading to a conviction. Next, I thought of all of the little "white lies" type crimes that I possibly commit over a years time.
This culminated in the idea that maybe, just maybe, in a time of declining civil liberties, that our laws are being reworked to allow for severe criminal proceedings against subversive elements, and that with all of these new data collecting abilities, (without the need for warrants) it is possible that ALL of us are having cases built against us right now? With "evidence" filed away, so that they can imprison us later, not for arguing government policy, but for a violation of any one of the THOUSANDS of laws we have?
I am a law abiding citizen, with the exception of a little speeding now and then, but laws change every day. Will they hold these crimes in a locked box, and then spring it open the minute I object to my government? (oh, and the trick is to remove your cell phone battery) Jason

new topics

join