It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is truth a question in part and an occurrence in full?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Questions:

Is truth a question in part and an occurrence in full?

Can truth be recognized but not realized?

Comments:

Outside the gate exists the past and the future, time and direction.

The senses grope, a slave in a prison, seeing and touching only echos and shadows of yesterday and tomorrow, trapped with no escape like a thought in the mind, at the mercy of a single consideration to live and to die.

Inside the gate exists the moment, timelessness and infinity

The heart is at liberty, a free man in a free city, power is ever-present a mighty flowing river of life without measure gushing from the fingertips and the feet, a kind grace given of a single consideration to die and to live.

Assertions:

Mankind, desires and needs power above all else.

The soul naturally yearns for power in response to conscious recognition of the powerlessness of existence.

There are none conscious who do not know they are powerless, confronted moment to moment by the ever present recognition of the infinite within and the finite without.

When truth is realized power is released.

Truth without power is a lie.

If God exists then power and truth exists in God.

Concerns of thread

Are all conspiracies fundamentally an attempt to deny and / or direct the realization and release of power and truth?

Is truth alone meaningful if it is without power?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
truth is merely a reflection of another persons beliefs. one mans truth is another mans fallacy.

i tell you im typing this at work, looking around i am at work and that is Truth for me, however for me to actually be at work i have to prove that i exist and the things around me exist. are you really reading this or are you nothing more than a figment of my imagination :p

maybe everything we are going to do has already been done by us and were living through nothing more than shadow of time. If that was the case are we already gone or do we still exist?

i think in life there are no absolutes.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Thank you for responding, I can't believe it.

I tried once before to start a thread and the rules got in the way so I thought that I would never start another thread but after a couple of months I decide to give it one last try with this tread.

After lurking around reading everything here it has become obvious to me that this site simply promotes the aims of the PTB's as far as denying ignorance and speaking truth goes.

Not because I think you can't actually have a real conversation on the internet, but because of the desire of the people who run the site, and the intrinsic nature of things like the limited commercial viability of truth.

Originally posted by Demandred

Truth is merely a reflection of another persons beliefs. One mans truth is another mans fallacy.

If you are saying that truth can be subjective then yes I agree, but I also think that there is an objective truth which exists as well.

Is it a reflection of another mans belief to say that all men are appointed once to die or to be changed, is that an objective prophetic truth or a subjective belief?

I tell you im typing this at work, looking around i am at work and that is Truth for me.

What you are describing the way I understand it is your subjective truth, that is to say the truth of your situation as realized by your perceptions and interpreted biased from your point of view and understanding.

Is it true, yes I would say it is true for you, but it is only true in part because it only represents an answer to satisfy the involuntary demand of our senses to be stimulated, the mandatory searching out of our environments.

Just as we are predisposed to asking questions in our minds eye, so also our bodies participate, ever looking, listening, tasting, touching and smelling, diligent guardians of our uniqueness, keeping us forewarned of potential dangers and attuned to opportunities for fulfillment of our desires.

However for me to actually be at work i have to prove that i exist and the things around me exist. are you really reading this or are you nothing more than a figment of my imagination :p

Proving that you exist and that the things around you exist is not necessary, your senses supply ample proof that your subjective truth is real, that is to say that you are having experiences in the material wisdom of things.

The very idea you bring up here in your statement is what I was hoping to have a conversation about when I started this thread, that is that truth is more than an answer to a question but it is also an occurrence for it to be fully true

Subjectively speaking truth can be a simple answer, provided by one or a combination of your five senses, to a question you may have; I..E. "What am I doing," answer; "I am working."

However if God exists in reality then there is also a greater objective truth which exists in the foreknowledge of His nature, because He would be in the moment both present with you and with me at all times, therefore recognition of any objective truth residing within the mind of God, so to speak, would mean a shift from outside of our perceived reality.

Hence the Son of God spoke the words; nevertheless not my will but thy will be done.

Objective truth needs to be proven if it exists.

Subjective truth is our interpretation of reality, what is real the way we see it, objective truth would be the view from on high of our reality at any given moment in real time the way God sees it.

Both are true by degrees, one is a more full vision of what is real than is possible by our senses alone.

That is why I say; truth is a question in part and an occurrence in full.

If objective truth exists then you might describe it by saying; whatever leads our hearts to draw nearer to the creator is more real than whatever might lead our minds away.

Maybe everything we are going to do has already been done by us and were living through nothing more than shadow of time. If that was the case are we already gone or do we still exist?

I think in life there are no absolutes.

This is the case, we are already dead or changed if there is objective truth, because we exist in the past and the future but God exists in the moment.

new topics

join