It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba Denounces new and cowardly action by the U.S. government

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

The overwhelming response by our people to brutal measures Bush has embarrassed his administration and its ultra unconditional servants of the Miami mafia...

...No previous U.S. administration had reached such extremes, which clearly indicates that for the extreme right fascist now in power in the U.S. there are no scruples or ethics of any kind in its fanatical obsession of achieving the impossible: bring the people to their knees Cuban...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
O.K Maybe someone can put a better light on this for the rest of us here at ATS. From what I've read, the Miami mafia referred to above is a group of US sponsored activists aimed against Cuba.

I'll put more quotes below but the gist of the news articles coming from Cuba is that the US has been sponsoring terrorist activities against the Cuban government, the US is soon to introduce measures limiting visits from Cuban's in the USA to Cuba, the US is making it hard for Cuba to deposit money in Dollars in off-shore banks, and the US is making it difficult for Cuban's to transfer money to Cuban banks via non Cuban banks.

I thought that Cuba was being encouraged to join the "free world" now that it has a new leader; if so, why is the U.S making it hard for Cuba to acquire wealth?

The whole way that the "democratic" nations go against communist and ex-communist nations seems to smack of political fear of a better way of life than the politically, ultra-controlled life in the "democratic" nations.

Are there any Cuban ATS members who can share some info on the whole US v Cuba thing?

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Terrorist Actions Against Cuba. Half a Century of Aggression

For nearly half a century Cuba is the subject of a systematic policy of aggression which includes terrorism planned, organized, financed and directed from abroad.

In its realization involved individuals residing in the United States and not only use the territory of that country since he launched his actions but publicly announced but in any case have been prevented or do they have been punished.

On 15 May l991 former mercenary Bay of Pigs, known terrorist former CIA agent, Jose Basulto, began operations group called "Brothers to the Rescue".

Under the pretext of giving assistance to those who needed aid at sea, following the campaigns of illegal departure from the island, the real aim of that group was promoting provocative actions against Cuba and check the defensive capabilities of the country.

This Basulto asked the U.S. president, George HW Bush, 3 aircraft, military version of Cesne, owned by the U.S. Air Force and had been used during the war in El Salvador.

With the support of a public campaign of Congresswoman Ileana Ross were delivered the aforementioned aircraft, appearing for the first time reflected in the press in Miami on July 19, l992.

The Havana government has complained to UN sponsored terrorist activities against them. También le facilitó importantes pruebas documentales a Washington. He also provided significant documentary evidence to Washington.

Does this really still go on despite the US's stance against terrorism in face 911? If it does, it gives one hell of a definition for hypocrisy.

The anti-Cuban measures come into force on 30: Bush presses and applauds the Mafia

Despite the protests of large segments of the Cuban community settled in Florida and many congressmen from both parties, the constitutionally illegal anti-Cuba measures recently taken by the Bush administration, will enter into force next June 30.

With the publication last 16 days by the U.S. Federal Register of new regulations for travel to Cuba, cease all existing procedures and introducing substantial changes that affect most severely yet announced what the Cuban family and relations with Isle of anyone subject to U.S. jurisdiction.

According to the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the Treasury Department, s or what will visit close relatives in Cuba every three years and, as aggravating, retroactively.

Passengers may not charge more than 44 pounds of luggage and are prohibited from bringing back any article purchased in Cuba.

Similarly, the traveler may have only a maximum of 50 dollars a day for accommodation costs, transportation and food.

The visits and events scientific, cultural, sports or professional are subject to the granting of special permits issued by the Treasury Department, even if financed by Havana or third countries.

Can the US justify these new restrictions? Is Cuba a major problem to the stability of US?

It is evident that the fascists new tranche traps, using alternative formulas that will enable them to obtain their dirty aims to narrow the economic siege to our country, without exposing himself to criticism and condemnation, both in Cuba and elsewhere in the world.

In this regard, we have seen in recent days the extreme of the Bush administration is taking steps clearly aimed at blocking the revenue to our country for tourism and other services and reduce to zero the possibility that Cubans residing in the United States may send remittances to their relatives in Cuba, using the most evil, devious and hypocritical that we could imagine: simply preventing Cuba to deposit dollars in foreign banks which gets under sales in stores in foreign currencies, related activities tourism and other commercial services. Thus, Cuba would not be able to use those dollars to buy medicines or food or to import necessary supplies for their own stores where the products purchased those who receive remittances from relatives residing in the United States.

I'm forced to say that either Cuba's media has really got it in for the US elsewise the US just doesn't like to be friendly even in its own corner of the world. No offense meant to the people of the US, I refer to some of the politicians only.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The vindictive pettiness knows no ends - see story below:

www.periodico26.cu...

The US could have tried to normalise relations with Cuba decades ago but still maintains this petty vindictive stance. I get the impression that nothing short of a Cuba under US control again is the aim. Make it a playground for the rich and organised crime once again?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Hey, nice link. That's bad when a legitimate business operated outside of the US and Cuba yet on US based servers is forcibly closed by the US due to a US blockade of Cuba. It was only a tourist site. Maybe Cuba has more attractions than the US

I hadn't thought about the US wanting Cuba as a US state. Didn't occur because of all the hostility that the US shows it. Good point.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
He's at least dead on the money that we're blatantly fascist now, as far as I'm concerned. The people that don't see it are just the people that are standing in masses before Hitler, cheering him on. Exact same masses.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cuba is stll a communist country and should be treated as such.
Nuff said.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well Florida is getting a little hot right now for all those big drugs flights so Cuba would make a good offshore alternative.... if it weren't for all those pesky Cubans being in charge of the place.

It's just all the pettiness that really gets to me. I mean, these people run whole countries but have such petty minds. If they were kids they would have had a kicked arse a long time ago and made to buck up their ideas. Maybe that's what's needed

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatTheory
Nuff said.

....and so is China, and just look at all the trade that goes their way.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Ahem. Check back what Florida was years ago. Cubans have been good for the Florida economy, Cubans have built a huge city, where there was only land and cow dung. Most Cubans built Miami up with their sweat and blood and made it a great city. Of course, with a great city comes the low class bums if the creek dont rise. It happens in every city.

I think its good for Cubans living in the "untouchable" little world they live in, to see the deterioration of their daily lives, and a glimpse of what may be ANOTHER CUBAN SITUATION here. The reason? They are the biggest BUSH & CHENEY supporters there are.
Now its all coming home and its making them, shall we say, a bit uncomfortable.

The Miami Mafia

For all of the stupidity of Fidel and Raul, and beleive me they stand for everything i dislike and lived with it for years, they are correct and must be laughing their arses off at the ULTRA CUBANS in Florida. I hate to say it, because we DID leave the island for the right reasons and fled to the best country in the world.

They're not the only ones laughing anyway. The rest of the world is too.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy

Nuff said.

....and so is China, and just look at all the trade that goes their way.

So what? Just because IMO we are making a mistake with China, that does not mean we have to make another mistake with a communist country.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Nuff said.

And just how should a communist country be treated? The US deals and trades with many communist nations (China comes to mind...how many of your clothes say "made in China"). Yet the US continues this stupid embargo that all other countries have dropped or initially had no part in.

As a Canadian, I am proud that my country trades and does business with Cuba, and that I am fee to go there whenever I want and how often I want.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The United States policy on Cuba and their Communist regime is still warranted and just,nothing has changed..........The reason we do not act the same towards China(Britguy)is that China's economy is beneficial to the US,Cuba is not-we tolerate BOTH,but we tolerate China more for the reasons stated above and the fact that they are not 90 miles off of the US coast.

The US should and will continue its action towards Cuba until they prove that they are NOT a Communist regime or "rouge"an uncivilized".If they want to become a part of the US than fine,but they better get their act together first,we don't just let any nation that wants to join,join.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
And just how should a communist country be treated?

Just like we are with Cuba except a little harsher.

The US deals and trades with many communist nations (China comes to mind...how many of your clothes say "made in China").

And if you would have read my previous post you would have seen that I believe our current relations with China is a mistake.

As a Canadian, I am proud that my country trades and does business with Cuba, and that I am fee to go there whenever I want and how often I want.

Good, I'm glad for you but I don't want to have anything to do with Communist countries.

Added: BTW, Canada was the target for destruction by nukes when Russia attempted to sneak them into Cuba.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by WhatTheory]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I don't think Cuba, or ANY country would want to join the US.

China's economy is beneficial to the US, true, due to cheap labor costs (read, sweat shops) that are exploited by multi billion dollar American industry. Cuba does not have the capacity for this, so they are on the outs...

In other words, China can be exploited, Cuba can not be, so they are bad, China is good.

sigh.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's amusing, as many people have said that the current regime in the United States is closer to communism than an actual democracy.

Now, I'm not saying Cuba is perfect. No country is, but the only people being hurt by the US embargo are the poor and needy. Yes, if trade was established, it might be corrupt, the leaders would benefit the most in Cuba (as in any country), but any help is good help.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by sensfan]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The US and the Mafia have never forgiven Cuba for kicking them out. I do not see things improving anytime soon. Super rich people can be an unforgiving lot when you mess with their cash.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
You people need to know that it is the Cuban vote, that always goes to Republicans in exchange for a guarantee that no embargo is ever lifted.

Its the Cubans living in this country that will NOT ALLOW any trading with Cuba.

This is not just a governmental desicion here to let Cuba rot, it is the will of the Cuban people HERE- Of course, when things get even tighter and a Cuban father cant call their mother in Cuba, or send a few bucks, or fly them over here for a three week stay that Cubans are going to finally, going to start regreting the monster they created!!!!!

And for those who dont think Cubans have a voice here, you are extremely wrong!!!!!

link   

Nuff said.

Do you fear communism because you've been told to fear it or do you far it because you've researched it and decided that it's not for you?

What isn't right for you might be perfect for someone else. Personally, I like democracy but I dislike our current brand of it more than the brand of communism that we are told by politicians to fear.

link   

Originally posted by sensfan
reply to post by WhatTheory

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's amusing, as many people have said that the current regime in the United States is closer to communism than an actual democracy.

Then the many people would be incorrect. However, the hidden communists and marxists in our country are trying to change our system and they are know as extreme liberals or progressionists. They want a cradle to crave government.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join