It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Angel Sightings!!!"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by 6dark6energy6
ok today i found more truth about his kind of stuff and i also found out that we are angels now i think that what we call "Humans" is just a term for our body,s but our true selves ( sorry if that word is wrong..."selves") are angels so what we really are are angels not humans which a body is just a vessel to carry our souls so that we can live on earth because when we die we can travel fro heaven to the earth world freely but when we goto earth in our souls we go there as angels not humans

It's a pretty thought, but not the truth as you've put it here.

[edit on 27-5-2008 by saint4God]

I don't think that's for you to say. My experience with God correlates perfectly with what 6dark6energy6 is proposing.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Miss_Murphy

But mortal shell or not, wouldn't you think that if "we" were really all originally angels, humans would be a LOT less flawed?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miss_Murphy
Everything that has happened to me (and others) did not happen in a vacuum, these things are obviously related. Somehow.

That said, I will try very hard to remain on the topic of angels. However, it would be extremely disengenous for me to tell you that I experienced a Biblical "angel of the Lord" without at least quickly mentioning the surrounding circumstances.

I'm down with it. I just didn't want the original poster to feel like I was steering the thread off-topic by asking about something that may not be directly related.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

I don't think that's for you to say. My experience with God correlates perfectly with what 6dark6energy6 is proposing.

It is as much for me to say as it is for you to say it isn't. Be fair please. To both of you then I ask, how did you come to this conclusion?

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Levita
But mortal shell or not, wouldn't you think that if "we" were really all originally angels, humans would be a LOT less flawed?

This is a very good point. It also makes reconciling Genesis very difficult.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

It is as much for me to say as it is for you to say it isn't. Be fair please. To both of you then I ask, how did you come to this conclusion?

But I did not say that "it isn't", what I did say was that what 6dark6energy6 theorizes jibes beautifully with my actual experience.

As to your other question, I believe that we are, or were, angels, or at least some of us are...I was told by God that I would be with him/her again. Is that true for every single person? I'm sorry, but I have no way of knowing that. I believe so...but that's all it is, a belief. I have beliefs and theories, but my knowledge on the subject consists of one conversation with the Creator that lasted less than a minute.

I do think that if God spoke to me, an atheist (at the time) who had been extremely wicked and self-centered, and basically said that I was an angel (a fallen angel?), and that sHe loves me and forgives me unconditionally, that the prospects look pretty nice for every other human.

Btw, I am a much different person now...I've given up my law practice and most of my material possessions. I fast and pray and am a vegan and try very, very, very hard to be deserving of the love and mercy God showed me that night. I know that sounds cornier than a cornfield (or cornier than saying the phrase "cornier than a cornfield") but it is absolutely true.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Miss_Murphy

Okay, though i do- and always will-hold the belief that humans are too corrupt to be angels, the possibility i actually think might be there for some of "us" to be in a way, angellic- or, angel-involved? I don't know how to describe the concept here. But, part angel? No, that would be the children of the fallen, wouldn't it? I don't really know. But there are many types "out there", so i suppose there could be some who are somehow involved with angels...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
That's the first time I put a star on both sides of the issue. Miss_Murphy, thank you for that testimony. It's awesome to hear of the huge improvement of in your life with God. I wouldn't worry about being 'worthy' though, because "all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" yet He does love us and is willing to share eternal happiness with us anyway. We may be angel-like perhaps, as it says here:

"At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven." - Matthew 22:30

"But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection." - Luke 20:35-36

The two ways that we'd be like angels given the above is 1.) no marriage and 2.) no longer die. I'm thinking we'll have the same mode of transport. Hard for me to imagine that heaven is constant walking

If God tells you "you are an angel" then there's nothing anyone can say otherwise and I am no one to dispute it. I was shown my limitations and I think it's a blessing to realize my actual role in the world instead of constantly involved in direct spiritual warfare.

Levita thank you for that point of view as well. I think we're saying the same thing about 'the fall'. There was the fall of man in Genesis and then we find out later that the angels had a fall of their own. There's still debate as to which happened first, but I think after man fell God had some housecleaning to do with those involved in the persuasion. It's easier for me to focus on the job at hand for this mortal, which is surprisingly rewarding.

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them." - Genesis 6:4

This passage makes sense since angels don't marry, so perhaps they're not familiar with this kind of commitment vow. If there's one being that you don't want to "play dumb" with however, it would be God. Adam tried it and we know were he ended up.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Y'know, i think you're right. I have been looking for answers lately as well. I don't think i have the right to say, either. If she has been told she's angelic, in whatever manner, i have no authority to tell her otherwise. Because the answers i am seeking aren't the type anyone has the authority to give, either. What i'd really like to know is, do you understand the concept of being involved with angels somehow; is there a better way to say that? There couldn't be such a thing as a half-angel, could there? Because wouldn't they be nephilim then? Or am i wrong there? Could you send forth some wisdom there? I'd like to know what you know on the subject.
Also, if angels don't marry, what do they do? Just come down here and... be here with people? And why is it always the male angels? Why don't you ever hear about female angels? I'm not even trying to be funny. This could just be me not having read much, but when do we hear about female angels? Let alone about them coming down to earth? Are they aloof or something?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

What i'd really like to know is, do you understand the concept of being involved with angels somehow; is there a better way to say that?

I think it's fair to say God creates great diversity, but also does so with similarities. We can see similarities between a dog and a wolf, yet despite the appearances and some behaviours, they're different animals. Is a dog wolf-like? Or is a wolf dog-like? Why are they the same? Why are they different? God only knows, but we can tell that they are.

There couldn't be such a thing as a half-angel, could there? Because wouldn't they be nephilim then?

As I understand it, but here's the interesting thing about Nephilim.

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days—and also afterward—when the sons of God went to the daughters of men and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown." - Genesis 6:4

"All the people we saw there are of great size. We saw the Nephilim there (the descendants of Anak come from the Nephilim). We seemed like grasshoppers in our own eyes, and we looked the same to them." - from Numbers 13:32-33

So we know they were 1.) considered heroes and 2.) huge. The genetic hybrids were apparently different in both size and deeds (whether these deeds were good or bad, they were seen as significant). I think we have to keep an open mind though about what God may do: "Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God." - Mark 10:27

Or am i wrong there?

A lot of times we should begin our sentences, "Based on what we know..." but also know that God isn't one to contradict Himself from a characteristic standpoint.

Could you send forth some wisdom there? I'd like to know what you know on the subject.

A lot of times we ask these questions of each other because we feel our questions are too silly, insignificant or unimportant to ask God, but "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5. The worst that could happen is God replying with "that's too silly, insignificant or unimportant"
, but you never know until you ask.

Also, if angels don't marry, what do they do?

I'm going to have to answer indirectly since there isn't specific diary to the activities of angels. The Bible in the Old Testament makes the repeated point about vows. It says if you make a vow, you must keep it. To do otherwise is akin to lying to God. Jesus reinforces this point as well, but basically says not to make promises altogether because as humans we're just going to bring trouble upon ourselves and are incapable of ensuring 100% it will occur.

Command given to Moses:

"When a man makes a vow to the LORD or takes an oath to obligate himself by a pledge, he must not break his word but must do everything he said." - Numbers 30:2

Jesus:

"And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes,' and your 'No,' 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one." - Matthew 5:36-37

Jesus says even saying "yes" or "no" you must mean it. God takes vows very seriously. Every one He has made He has kept. Mankind on the otherhand had broken a number of them with Him (as well as each other). What does this have to do with marriage? One look at the divorce rate should answer it. Remembering that angels and our second life will be eternal, would it be a good idea to make such a vow?

Just come down here and... be here with people?

I think angels are still around, doing their work. We don't talk about it much because we feel we don't have the credibility or authority.

And why is it always the male angels?

Who said it is? Ones recorded in the Book are, and very few at that I'm sure.

Why don't you ever hear about female angels?

We hear about male angels, but most pictures are female. Interesting, no?

I'm not even trying to be funny. This could just be me not having read much, but when do we hear about female angels? Let alone about them coming down to earth? Are they aloof or something?

Could be. Dunno, good question for the forum. I've heard (to the best of my memory) about this college girl who was crossing a rickety bridge on a hike. Halfway through crossing she saw a woman in a nurse's outfit telling her she must go back and go to her mother who needed her help. She did as the visitor said and went back. As she finished coming back, the bridge had collapsed. Concerned about her mother, she drove to her home miles away and found she was having a heart-attack, called an ambulance and saved her life. Her decisions were almost automatic, listening and doing, not asking questions like "what's a nurse doing on the middle of a bridge?" until after. Angel? I'd like to think so. Wish I could find the testimonial to add credibility. It was on an interview some time ago.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
some thing really strange once happened to me, i once had a crash with a car while i was on a motorcycle, it was a crash at 90 km/h and at the moment of the impact i felt someone grab me from behind and pull me of my bike. i was absolutely unharmed. but when i looked around there was no one

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I have had a couple of things happen that made me say I had a guardian angel. I had a car wreck turning left and was hit right in the driver door. I would say the car that hit me was doing about 50 at the point of impact. Totalled my car.

I saw the woman's face when she hit me(shock and horror) and it was all slow motion as I think wrecks are. When I turned my head forward, I was sitting in the passenger seat as if I had been riding there. I am sure the force of the impact sent me sideways(I didn't have on a seatbelt) but, beyond the thought I had of "This is going to hurt" I wasn't. I had a small bruise on my hip and I was a little sore. My dog riding in the hatch was fine too.

Had I had on my seatbelt, I would probably have crushed my pelvis looking at how the door/seat/emergency brake were squished together.

It was just bizarre. I was just sitting there in the seat.

One other thing I can remember offhand, is I turned my back on my then very young toddler daughter and she pulled a VERY heavy fax machine off the table. It just barely missed her. That freaked me out too.

Lots of near misses and times I have said Thank you!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Dewm0nster

I dont think you know anything about angels. I am a christian i am a beliver in Jesus Christ i have a personal relationship with him and i have had a real angel visit me. Unless you hav3e God in your life you dont see angels but people like you only see demons! And this is a fact

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I am a christian and yes angels are very real but God is the one who sends them to people to give messages like he did with me and sometimes to save people. And yes there are demons and yes they are fallen angels they along with satan wwere angels once until they tried to take over Heaven and to take over God and thats when God threw them out. There is a spiritual warfare going on i suggest to everyone to get a Bible and start reading it and find a church. The only way into Heaven is by having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

I have had an angel appear to me in my house. I was sleeping and i heard a noise i sat up and there was a man dressed all in white with a glow around him he was smiling and said, " do not be afraid God has sent me here to tell you a few things...."

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to saint4Godpost by saint4God

I agree its interesting what you are saying but from my experience my angel which was male said to me that he was sent from God. I guess he wanted me to no with no doubt what he was?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Could you send forth some wisdom there? I'd like to know what you know on the subject.

A lot of times we ask these questions of each other because we feel our questions are too silly, insignificant or unimportant to ask God, but "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." - James 1:5. The worst that could happen is God replying with "that's too silly, insignificant or unimportant"
, but you never know until you ask.

Hey! I was asking what you knew! (not to be impatient, but-) I was asing specificaly for your knowlege/opinion/ anything. I have asked for the answers before, and some have been coming to me, very interrestingly, lately. But i was asking for YOUR input.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I don't know, I might share a personal story or two after I think about it for a while. However, I can tell you without a doubt that Angels do in fact exist, and are quite real. I myself have quite simply had far too many experiences, as have some of my very close acquaintences. Unless you have Faith, and/or an experience (after which you will most certainly have Faith), then it is very easy to dismiss such an idea. Like I said though, I know they are real, and that is all that matters to me.

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Dup post, sorry

[edit on 24-6-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 24 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Unless you hav3e God in your life you dont see angels but people like you only see demons! And this is a fact

Easy Anon, neither one of us are fit to judge who is "people like you" and know I don't like getting thrown into that kind of catagory. Were you always a believer?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join