It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Race Is Pathetic

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk

Awesome, I agree it is music, I know, let's talk about it.

Mod Edit: Compound quote removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 18/5/08 by JAK]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I am waiting, tic toc,,,,,,,,

Reaad^

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I did,

Sound of early universe: primal scream

www.cnn.com...

www.space.com...

DENVER - An astronomer has turned observations of the early universe into a sound clip that represents a primal scream from the first million years after the Big Bang.

Mark Whittle, an astronomer at the University of Virginia, based the work on a "wonderful gift from Nature," the cosmic microwave background (CMB) that was unleashed when the universe was about 380,000 years old. At that point in time, a dense fog began to clear and radiation was first allowed to escape its natal cocoon.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Have a beautiful day Phreak.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
We are many things, unfortunately being foolish and pathetic is one of our attributes. The question is do we deserve to servive? By all accounts probably not.
It is those in power who have failed us, and we've failed ourselves by not demanding more accountability and open government than we get.
We bitch and moan about life and really don't take an active role unless it's something that affects us on a personal level.
I'm sure that the founding fathers of this country would be sorely disappointed in what we've allowed this country to become. The world will be here long after our species has died out, it will regenerate itself.
We're judgmental, greedy, and materialistic. Not everyone of course, but I'd say most of us, sad to say myself included at times.
We have the ability to be saints, but rarely rise to that level of living. We give away the house to everyone else in the world except the people in our own backyards. The old saying that charity begins at home is a truism. We're so afraid that we'll give a fellow citizen something that they don't deserve, thus causing us to with hold that same charity to everyone. The real motivating factor in our own downfall is money and power.
Someone once summed this up perfectly," when the power of love overcomes the love of power, then there will be peace in the world and more importantly, peace within ourselves."

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

THis is one of the reasons when you try to define what a human is within the law. Hu is a word for color. Hu'man. You are a colored person.

Human in the law dictionary says see monster.

Humans are monsters.

Look it up next time you have a law dictionary handy.

Human-- A natural person is a human being. (See MONSTER)

Law. MONSTER. An animal which has a conformation contrary to the order of from human shape, can be lawfully destroyed..

[edit on 18-5-2008 by zysin5]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Is a little child pathetic? degenerate, dispicable?

Some day you will come to understand that inside every beautiful little child is a vicous little savage waiting to get out. And the most beautiful angelic being.

We live within cycles of growth and change. That you can weep for that which is not, and that which is, is a sign of growth and change.

They are the marks of our human abberation. To believe in a greater good is a purely human thing on this planet. No other creature stands in judgment of it's own actions.

Within this mark of difference lies our hopes and aspirations, and our damnation.

I hope you find peace in your travels. Rest secure in the understanding that we are limited by our physicality. We can only destroy things in the physical world. Perhaps this is why we have been bound within it.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

The thing is i wanted to show you in this thread how "pathetic" Humanity is, and i contradicted what i said, deliberately to see how people would react, i got the reaction i was hoping for which leads me to believe that what i said is true.

Like I said - If you want to change the world, first change yourself.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Considering we used to hunt for meat with primitive tools and spears while the women collected berries and nuts and then we all huddled together under the stars in the wild telling stories we have come along way from those days. We adapted to changes and we improved on everything we did and taught our children everything we knew in hopes that their lives would be better. We soon built boats and traveled across the globe to new lands and we kept improving and surviving. We got better at hunting and growing food. The world is being shaped by our hands. Soon campsites turned into villages and then to towns and big cities. We learned from the land and from the cosmos above. We knew when to start growing food by knowing the seasons.

We started writing and communicating to each other that inspired other to learn. Soon books were written and inventions were made. We keep bettering ourselves and making new discoveries in medicine and machines. Humans were meant to learn and to keep ideas alive by other ideas. Yes we've had wars upon wars and slavery and power struggles with each other all through history. But to look back at how far we have come and to how far we can go I'm amazed. I'm amazed at the human spirit in times of disasters, wars, famine, diseases etc... Humans are not pathetic beings who know it all, we are human beings who keep learning, changing, evolving to new and better people. We can take one human heart and put it into a dieing child and that child lives, now is that pathetic? We've conquered the land the water and the skies on this planet. Is that pathetic? We are a young and promising species who have fascinating women and men who never give up hope and we never stop trying to better the next generation and the next. I say that we are a very special breed of animals that despite all odds in those days when there were only thousands of us , we have survived, adapted and now millions of us are still struggling but learning to change and further our future. The only thing pathetic is the word itself.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Humans are PATHETIC!. Without a reasonable doubt PATHETIC. For any human to say otherwise shows just how PATHETIC humans are.

We kill, we maim, we injure, we love, we care, we cry, how PATHETIC.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He's right in a way - but not the way he understands. We are a young and primative race and we have many faults. We also have a long future ahead of us and a great deal will change, though it won't all necessarily be for the better.

The frequent use of the word 'pathetic' on this thread indicates a deep sense of low self-esteem. It's very difficult to see the good in others when you recognise little in yourself.

[edit on 18/5/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I think we have a lot to change and a lot to learn but I don't think we're the worst. There's always someone better than you out there so there probably is someone worse than you out there.
I don't think we're pathetic... lazy maybe. I know I am.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
To the OP:

A person who believes that they have the right to call the human race pathetic is obviously pathetic in themselves. It's easy to raise a flag but very hard to lend a helping hand.

We live in times with the biggest changes humans have seen since they first began to walk the earth and there are going to be many casualties. Our technology is far behind where we should be to try to harbour as many people as we do on the planet. Our mind frames are trained to think in a world from 2000 years ago, time for some intervention but to say that human race is pathetic is no man's right and anyone better wouldn't do so. We all have to take responsibility for the monsters we have created and we all need to learn to help instead of point the finger of blame.

"Be the changes you wish to see in the world." -Ghandi
live it.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm sure we are all very impressed that you have 17 years under your belt.
LOL

As you grow older you will become less judgmental and more compassionate
from having experienced the pain of living.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by Eurisko2012]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I believe the more correct adjective would be pathological; in terms of the dominant mentality that controls governments and media. Pathocratic is another good one. Once we're able to cast off the Grand Illusion that is rule by official secrecy/National Security state (NSS) itself, we'll be ready for bigger and better things. We're the sum of the education we allow ourselves. Environment is everything. No one need submit to simplistic labels that suggest any kind of permanently, irreversably bad condition.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Fact is we are pathetic creatures. Frightened of death we invent funky religions which, over the ages, have stolen myths and actual events from each other morphing them to fit the cult du jour. These are the worst of the tribal schemes we continue to invent to keep each other as enemies (GOP v. DEMS, Red State-Blue State, north sider- south sider etc.) continuing the animal in us as territorial or sexually jealous and incapable of rising above the basest of instincts. But man's worst crime is the insane overpopulation which feeds all the other ills.

Looking only to ourselves and unable to even notice the Earth under our feet (just dirt to some) we abuse the only true god puny man has ever really known. Mother Earth, from which we rose and in whom we depend for life itself. City dwellers can't even see stars, think all animals belong in zoos or on a plate and many find the Sun an annoyance. I'm 55 and when I was born there were 1.5 billion humans. today, over 6 billion and in just 40 years will have over 8 billion. Expect to read more asinine stories about how bears, cougars, bobcat etc. are "encroaching" on us!

Modern man can't even see the common link all to each other that the FACT of evolution proves and so have no respect for any life. I'd consider the Sun for worship as well as the rain, wind and seasons. These, not hocus pocus invented gods in mans' image are the tangible entities worthy of, at least respect. And if there must be a devil it is oil. Think about it.

The ancient cultures, most, through the march of time destroyed by the newer, less life and earth friendly cultures, were always considered primal and savage by their replacements. It was always easier for the leaders to get their "normal" folks to slaughter the uncouths, particularly after a period of demonization. But these people knew that the earth was numero uno (interspersed with the Sun) and that the earth's place in the universe was a fact none dare ignore. Look no further than the history of Earth conscious Native Americans. I'd compare this awful repetition of history, and its future implications, as a city dweller, piled on top of millions of others and thinking WalMart creates the food they eat, looking down on the gentle folks of Appalachia as rubes and ignorant hillbillies because they scratch out an existence in humble (not urbane) circumstances. Well New Orleans almost turned cannibal only a few days after Katrina and when the disaster is such that it is national or even worldwide I believe those simple folk with gardens and earth knowledge will fare much better than Mr. BMW or Ms. Gucci.

We are nothing but annoyance to the planet, which does not need us, and it will shrug us off it soon. Perhaps on the Winter Solstice of 2012 when the Sun and other planets align and the subsequent gravitational yank sends the Earth we think ours spinning like a gyroscope, with poles shifting, volcanoes spewing and earthquakes renting apart a planet we never did deserve.

Yes, to the other reply, it isn't any fun being this negative about the future and there is plenty to enjoy now, though these parcels of content dwindle just as elbow room does with insane overpopulation. Today I enjoyed the company of a hawk, bluejay, several cardinals, hummingbirds, a gentle breeze and fair weather in my little corner lot in a small town, but interspersed with loud motorcylces, cars, sirens, lawnmowers and festooned with electric wires and jet trails. Imagine living such that one knew what the wind was saying, what the birds are warning, what the seasons really mean. Live long enough and you know that there is no hurry because there is nowhere to go. Sit in quet peace, eat modestly, waste not and rise above the animal evolution is trying to lift you from. Show aggression to none.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Like I said earlier, generalizing is wrong, actually it is pathetic, therefore this thread is pathetic.

Humans? let me tell you about humans, we are all different, yes we are all humans, but we are individuals, you cannot blame what some humans have done and put it on the entire human race. That is what we call "ignorance".

Like I said before what you said about intelligent aliens not wanting to see us because me, you and our families are all pathetic is rather odd? I would assume intelligent aliens would know that generalising is wrong, actually that is the problem with many humans, they generalize too much!

Also calling humans pathetic isn't very greatful to life in general, aren't you happy to be able to live, to be given life!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Atlast, someone who can share their point of view without getting too damn complex around here. Though i'm sure "some" of you would rather turn someones rant into a steamy debate, wouldn't you?!

Of course my opinion doesn't matter when it comes to someone else' rant. But since I took 30 seconds of my time to read the "Rant", i'll post a random comment, in good regards.

Nice post, agreeable to an extent.

Destruction of an "organized" species... terrible, terrible thing aye?!
You know what I say?!

IT'S THE DEER'S TURN TO SHINE!
They've patiently waited for their turn for superiority! C'mon folks, they deserve it! Those poor, poor, poor little darlings!

[edit on 18-5-2008 by MadSeason313]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
We have nothing else to compare ourselves with, so how can you say whether we're pathetic or not? We are what we are, period.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk
Look back at all the things we have done... We were granted life on this planet now we have destroyed it!

Not quite, and it will survive long after we're gone.

We are intent on killing each other and other things!

Speak for yourself!

We allow one person in each country to overpower us.

Probably more than one and they will never overpower us all.

We allow our selves to believe in things that don't exist(most of the time)

Why? Don't you ever believe what YOU want to?

We live to die.

I live to live.

We rely on other people to live.

Then don't.

We poison the earth!

And what do you do about it?

We threaten to blow the earth up... and so on...

Who is this "We"?

Is it any wonder why alien life hasn't come in direct contact with human beings. We are the most violent and pathetic race around for lightyears!

Maybe if they did contact us we'd find out we're not as violent or pathetic as we thought

Don't be so negative, although you see all these bad things, is that an excuse to just give up............Stand for the Good things and do your bit for this world in your own little way. Maybe your view of "We the baddies" might change to "We the goodies"

If you don't do your "bit", you've no-one to blame but "you".....not "WE".

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join