It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Race Is Pathetic

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Look back at all the things we have done... We were granted life on this planet now we have destroyed it! We are intent on killing each other and other things! We allow one person in each country to overpower us. We allow our selves to believe in things that don't exist(most of the time) We live to die. We rely on other people to live.We poison the earth! We threaten to blow the earth up... and so on...

Is it any wonder why alien life hasn't come in direct contact with human beings. We are the most violent and pathetic race around for lightyears!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

We allow one person in each country to overpower us.

Wow, that is porofound. So true. A star and flag for you.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We are not pathetic. Not by a long shot.

Not to be rude, but may I ask how old you are? It seems that many people of teenage years come here and spout off that the human race is dirt. I would know, for I did it when I first joined.

But after experiencing life, you realise that we are a damn fine race and we should all be proud to be human. Sure, we have our mistakes, but think of all the good we achieve.

Never assume that we are all pathetic. The media may make this seem like the case, what with war, famine and tragedy being spat out all the time, but this is the actions of a few people. Not the whole planet.

Look past the crap and find the good stuff. Go out, travel and talk to people. See how rich and friendly humanity can be.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Look at yer avatar, Zanzibar. If you ain't pathetic yet, you will be. Guaranteed: nobody gets out alive.

So how can we reverse this decline into pathetic-tude?

Its a bell-curve, and we WAY past the top.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Actually this is not the only way to look at the situation. Things can be better. A lot better. But they can be also worse. And a lot worse. So i think that we should concentrate on the "full" side of the glass (all 10 ml :lol
and not on the empty.
Look at our history - people lived in much worse conditions but were as happy and as sad as we are. So if there are advanced aliens - who says that they are not happy/sad? I met few genuinely great and descent people (no, not in the mirror - by far) - and i would not call them pathetic. So if the majority of us does not give any reason to be proud of humanity - it is still not the end of the story.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanzibar

Not to be rude, but may I ask how old you are? It seems that many people of teenage years come here and spout off that the human race is dirt. I would know, for I did it when I first joined.

But after experiencing life, you realise that we are a damn fine race and we should all be proud to be human. Sure, we have our mistakes, but think of all the good we achieve.

Never assume that we are all pathetic. The media may make this seem like the case, what with war, famine and tragedy being spat out all the time, but this is the actions of a few people. Not the whole planet.

Look past the crap and find the good stuff. Go out, travel and talk to people. See how rich and friendly humanity can be.

Very well said.

To OP: How can you tar everyone with the same brush? I don't remember being personally "responsible for destroying our planet" and I don't remember trying to kill anyone. There aren't many people who would fit into your category...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chakotay
Look at yer avatar, Zanzibar. If you ain't pathetic yet, you will be. Guaranteed: nobody gets out alive.

I am perfectly aware that no-one gets out alive. Kind of the main reason no to have such a bleak outlook of life. If you go through life thinking we are pathetic, then you're not really having that much fun are you?

In fact the simple fact that one day I will end up in the ground is why I don't have this morbid view on humankind. Ignore the bad stuff, enjoy the good stuff and have a good life.

Not quite sure what you meant about my avatar though, does having Einstein guarantee me turning pathetic in later life?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dodgygeeza

Very well said.

To OP: How can you tar everyone with the same brush? I don't remember being personally "responsible for destroying our planet" and I don't remember trying to kill anyone. There aren't many people who would fit into your category...

it doesn't necessarily mean you personally!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

This has nothing to do with age... I'm going of what i have seen through the 17 years i have been alive. It doesn't take a genius to tell you the world is dying. Take a look around you at what is happening. You telling me that we are not pathetic?
Also i happen to love life and this thought is just one of many i have been thinking, doesn't mean i don't have a fun time in life... This is a forum to share views. So i am sharing!

[edit on 18-5-2008 by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It's true, we are pathetic, nothing more than parasites here, we take, take, take, and give nothing but ill, to the planet, and it's inhabitants, ourselves and the animals.
Take a look at this movie in the linked thread. The Earth can do just fine without us.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread348981/pg

Worms have more importance than us, Earth can survive without humans, but not without worms.
And don't forget the bees.

Bah! Human Filth!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
It's much more possible that having the negative energy that is contained in nearly every post on this thread is the problem.

Maybe if everyone was a little more POSITIVE it would be possible for us to pull the proverbial finger from our backside and make the change's that need to be made.

I for one am not pathetic anyone who argues with me and claim's i am is incorrect.

That goes for anyone else who feel's they are pathetic your NOT.

The answer simply is this.

YOUR JUST MADE TO FEEL THAT WAY BY OTHER'S !

It's not your fault just be more POSITIVE.

And when you have a more POSITIVE attitude you will be ahead of the game.

Instead of stuck somewhere inside it.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 18-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
It's true, we are pathetic, nothing more than parasites here, we take, take, take, and give nothing but ill, to the planet, and it's inhabitants, ourselves and the animals.
Take a look at this movie in the linked thread. The Earth can do just fine without us.
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread348981/pg

Worms have more importance than us, Earth can survive without humans, but not without worms.
And don't forget the bees.

Bah! Human Filth!

Every living organism can be defined a parasite in your terms, every living thing takes, the only difference is we have the intelligence to carry on taking whereas other species would die out/ dwindle in numbers. If any other animal had the intelligence we had they would be the same as us.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
It's much more possible that having the negative energy that is contained in nearly ever post on this thread is the problem.

Maybe if everyone was a little more positive it would be possible for us to pull the proverbial finger from our backside and make the change's that need to be made.

I for one am not pathetic anyone who argues with me and claim's i am is incorrect.

That goes for anyone else who feel's they are pathetic your NOT.

The answer simply is your just made to feel that way due to negativity created by other's it's not your fault just be more positive.

And when you have a more positive attitude you will be ahead of the game instead of stuck somewhere inside it.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

Notice the post before i am a verry possitive person! I am merely telling you what i think... No matter how much you argue about it. it will always come down to one thing. You may not like it but open your eyes

Makes me laugh how we are discussing on a forum about how pathetic we are... Are you seing it yet?

Im out of ATS

will be back now and again.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
We are not all pathetic, don't take your negative view of humans and spread it as if it was the whole truth, your thinking is too black and white.

Generalizing is always wrong, I think intelligent aliens would NOT generalize.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
It's much more possible that having the negative energy that is contained in nearly ever post on this thread is the problem.

Maybe if everyone was a little more positive it would be possible for us to pull the proverbial finger from our backside and make the change's that need to be made.

I agree, what the OP doesn't realise is he is spreading "negative" views, and he speaks on behalf of the WHOLE human race. Negative views is the reason humans do have problems. No offence OP.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
To not have negative views is like having a thick sheet of wool over ones eyes, and where does wool come from?
Can't hide from it, we ALL take more than we give, even the most ecologically minded of us.

To think positive implies there is no problem and everything is just dandy.

Well, it ain't.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I would say that without negative there would be no positive the whole ying and yang mentality make's perfect sense to me as im shure it does to everyone else.

However what you said about the wool over the eye's ect ect ect.

I must put my foot down and say that's a load of utter claptrap my good man.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Most of the leaders are mentally ill. Common people can be very pleasant to be around, but its the sick puppys that become presidents or CEO's.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
To not have negative views is like having a thick sheet of wool over ones eyes, and where does wool come from?
Can't hide from it, we ALL take more than we give, even the most ecologically minded of us.

To think positive implies there is no problem and everything is just dandy.

Well, it ain't.

As the only intelligent species (with reason, logic, and metacognition) we are the only one capable of making a strong judgment of value. We assign value to things and act on these valuations; we can decide that one thing is better than another for non-survival and non-instinctual reasons. Decrying the killing of one species by another is simply an exercise in valuation. Destroy the rainforests and some animals die, the climate goes out of whack and some more animals struggle while others adapt and others yet have a population boom. SO? Does this have any significant impact on a cosmic scale? Perhaps YOU put a value on some lifeforms over others! Does a deadly virus consider itself evil?

It's all a matter of survival and from the "grand scheme" perspective you need to drop the idea of negative and positive valuation.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoNsPiRaCy PhReAk
Look back at all the things we have done... We were granted life on this planet now we have destroyed it! We are intent on killing each other and other things! We allow one person in each country to overpower us.. etc

If you want to change the world, first change yourself.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join