It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survival Group/Cell NW England

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
excellent stuff

my skills are
i can make a shelter ( bivouac) out of ferns and sticks, allthough it was a long time ago i actually did that but i still have the knowledge and it was pretty damn sturdy.
I was in the cadets for a bit and learnt how to use a rifle and i can make mean bacon and eggs with coffee

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Hi Dark.

I love bacon and egg's in the morning !

However the only problem i see is the shortage of coffee bean's for our brew's in the morning shud sit x come our way haha.

Take care.

Regards
Lee

[edit on 21-5-2008 by h3akalee]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Great thread..... warwickshire here, but will be moving after the summer with situation x in mind..... so far it seems as far north as possible is the best option..

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Count me in if you're up for a get-together weekend...Huddersfield W.Yorkshire here but also non-driver so we would have to arrange a meeting point near a station for the likes of myself, Fred3110, and others who are car-less...will exchange beer for a lift, how's that sound?

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
Count me in if you're up for a get-together weekend...Huddersfield W.Yorkshire here but also non-driver so we would have to arrange a meeting point near a station for the likes of myself, Fred3110, and others who are car-less...will exchange beer for a lift, how's that sound?

I'm your man! Make mine a strong vodka though

My car can take me, all my kit and one passenger with their kit.
It's got 2 seats in the back but they'd be getting used for the passengers kit so another would be pushing it.

You do get to ride in a very rare car though

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

What car's that then ?

Take care.

Regards
Lee

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
It's a suprise

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

yer on mate!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If anyone else here is interested, I'm looking into going on a weekend wind-turbine construction course...£200 may seem a little steep but it pays for all materials used (you get complete hands-on experience of every aspect from coil-winding, blade carving, stator casting, welding etc) and the cost also includes food and accomodation costs too

Here's a link to the organisation's page:

V3 Power: Build your own wind turbine - Courses

I've already emailed to see if there are places for the August 29-31 session, so if you're interested in joining me, gimme a shout

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Hey man,I could kiss you..

If I could give you twenty stars for that I would.

THAT is exactly the kind of thing 'survivalists' should be putting themselves out for..
Learning practical skills to aid in regaining some form of 'normality'..hopefully not the kind we're experiencing now though.. who wants THAT kind of normal any more??..

It sure beats my do-it yourself 'pedal generator'..
Who wants permanent saddle sore?

UK is so perfect for wind turbines as we get a lot of it..not just from politicians either..
As well as prevailing conditions,because we are so totally surrounded by water,You can bank on sea breezes on any sunny days(Wind coming off the water as land heats and blowing off shore as the hot air starts to fall in evenings.)

OK So we're not talking Hawaiian trade winds here but there's certainly enough for basic needs.. U know.. PS3 n 60" screen n stuff..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
UK is so perfect for wind turbines as we get a lot of it..

I'm looking out my window right now and the trees are having a rough time with the wind gusting at a 20-30mph...that would give you almost a Kilowatt of power from a single basic windmill turbine EVERY HOUR!

and the best bit is...this is typical british summer weather

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

Hey citizen smith thanks for this it looks like a great course to go on, I'm definetly looking into it the extra hands on expirience would be invaluable

Star from me, thanks again!

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Nice one!

1* for you my friend!

Do you get to keep the kit you build at the end so you can break it down and go home with it?

EDIT - Just checked and they want £2000 off you if you want to keep the wind turbine you build! Not Cheap

www.v3power.co.uk...

But I think the course and knowledge learned is worth the £200 as it could be passed on and used to build one yourself more easily

I'll stick to solar and destroying old drills for parts in building my own for now

[edit on 26-5-2008 by WatchRider]

[edit on 26-5-2008 by WatchRider]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ALWAYS AT WEEKENDS!!!

I'm just totally the reverse of most people working week.. Can you sneak a camcorder in ??

I like the study of aerodynamics involved in the propellor design.
I used to help R&D With Aerodynamics and Hydrodynamics about 20yrs back..
Sound techie???

I was a sponsored windsurfer..

They'd give me gear.. I'd break it and tell them how and how fast..they'd give me more...

Dream job for a 18yrold..

The odd thing was I picked up really fast how much a few degrees in angle of attack on the leading edge of a sail(camber) increased power and stability.
This is the same for propellers on aircraft and boats of course.

Blummin interesting stuff..Maybe I can clear the dairy for end Aug..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

EDIT - Just checked and they want £2000 off you if you want to keep the wind turbine you build! Not Cheap

OK..Now I know we could build one for a lot less than that..
He REALLY doesn't want you to stop and ask anyone for directions either.. all the no-entry signs..

And no sat-nav??? She's my only company when I'm driving everywhere.... I set it to the sexy woman's voice..

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I've just had a reply from the email I rattled off to V3 earlier this afternoon...there are plenty of places still available for 29-31 August but they try and limit the total to around a dozen.

They're willing to negotiate discounts if we ask nicely too!

U2U me if you're up for joining me!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join