It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Kennedy Suffers what Appears to be a Stroke...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
He was taken this morning to Cape Cod Hospital, at 8:30 where it was determined the best thing would be to airlift him to Mass General Hospital.

I think it may be serious because this Cape Cod Hospital is among the best there is.

More to come...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
As much as I abhor the politics of 'the Hero of Chappaquiddick', I don't wish evil on anyone. I hope you're right about the hospital neing the best around, and that he's OK.

Please keep us updated.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I understand how people feel about him but i will give him this: He is constantly helping the people of Massachusetts, and has devoted his whole life to helping those on Cape Cod. If you call his office here, they will move mountains to help you.
The whole family is like that.

As far as his past, well, i know.

Anyway, he is in one of the best hospitals in the world right now so i hope he will be ok.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Fingers crossed - my wife was just looking at the latest edition of Vanity Fair with a picture of Bobby Kennedy on the front cover.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Here's the link:

www.capecodonline.com...

I have not heard anything new as of now.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe
The man's past, his politics, heck, everything about him is irrelevant right now. I'm glad to know he has helped you in the past, and I share your concern.

We can debate his performance when he is whole again.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
While what happened in Chappaquiddick is bad, let's not judge someone by their worst day. I know I wouldn't want to be judged that way...life, people and circumstances are complex.

Ted Kennedy has done a world of good for 40 years. Even his political adversaries can't call him an enemy. He is the lion of the senate, the patriarch of a family that has literally given their life's blood to this nation. I hope everyone who responds to this thread will at least show respect and give the man a bit of grace.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Jack, I second that comment.

It takes a mean, low spirited, proto-human to kick a person when they're facing such problems.

My best wishes for him and his family.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Mass General is among the best. They saved my life once.

Teddy has to begin to start thinking about retirement - he's put in his time.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

And here you are!!! I'm sorry we almost lost you at one time, that makes me sad.

But he IS in the best place in the world!!!!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Bunch and Kr0n0s beat me to it on the other thread, but just to add on here...
Sen. Kennedy has brain tumor, hospital says

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy has a malignant brain tumor, his doctors said on Tuesday, of a type considered potentially very dangerous.

Kennedy has a glioma and likely will require chemotherapy and radiation therapy, neurologist Dr. Lee Schwamm of Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and Dr. Larry Ronan, a primary physician there, said in a statement.

Definitely sounds like this could be the end of Ted's career... sorry, but good riddance. We need to get rid of all these bums. Maybe most have good intentions at one time, but they live in that corruption year after year, because we keep putting them there. It needs to end, just like this way too long run just needs to end for Ted.

new topics

top topics

join