It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarian Race Face-off -- Root vs. Gravel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Between Root, Gravel and Barr, I expecet to see two of those 3 to emerge as the LP ticket (though, I still hold out for Root to get the nomination and to pick up Paul, if that's possible).

Here is some video of Root and Gravel going head to head in a short debate...

Vid #1
Vid #2
Vid #3
Vid #4
Vid #5
Vid #6

Each seems to be 3:30 to 5:30 minutes in length. Below is a recent blog entry from Wayne...

Upsets are based on the power of personality.
Boris Johnson has just recently been elected the Mayor of London, one of the world's biggest cities. He took office of this metropolis of 14 million (metropolitan area) on May 4, 2008. He is described in the media as a “Libertarian conservative.”

The Libertarian Party is known for being anti-establishment, anti-government, anti-tax, and anti-status quo. We are a party of rebels with pitchforks. A party dedicated to liberty. Wayne is our Boris Johnson.

The important thing about media isn't getting it- it's what you do with it after you get it. Wayne is a dynamic media personality. He has proven he knows how to get media, and how to use it. He wins over even skeptical and cynical hosts. He gets them to say, “Wow, I could actually vote for you.” If Wayne Allyn Root gets the LP Presidential nomination, we'll have a future. With Wayne there is a huge (and long-term) upside.

This isn't the end …it's just the beginning.

ROOT for Liberty!
ROOT for Freedom!
ROOT for America!
ROOT- the ideal image and candidate for the Libertarian Party!

[edit on 5/17/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Just giving this a late day bump... here is the website for the Libertarian Party.

Here is Wayne's Website.

Here is Mike's Website

Here is Bob Barr's Website

I may have to eat my words on the Bob Barr run, but looks can be deceiving
It looks like he took over the 'lead' on the LP website, but the lead is determined by funds raised for the LP, as it appears to me. Anyway... the LNC is Memorial Day Weekend in Denver. I still look for Root to edge out the rest of the field.

And there is a new "Fireside Chat" with Wayne posted on his site now, too.

And just to tack something else on...
www.rootforamerica.com...

Mancow Muller Calls Libertarian Presidential Candidate Root "The last great hope for America."

Mancow Muller, host of "The Mancow Show," one of America's top rated nationally syndicated morning shows, featured guest Wayne Allyn Root for an hour this morning. Mancow's show reaches millions of listeners from coast to coast. Root was live in-studio in Chicago, after appearing on WGN's Morning News show, the highest rated morning TV show in Chicago.

Muller who calls himself a strong Libertarian, endorsed Root live on the air. Mancow called Root "The last great hope for America" and said he could not vote for McCain, Hillary or Obama, but would now vote for Root.

Root and Muller discussed a wide range of political topics- including the economy, education, homeschooling, medical marijuana, online gaming and Root's background as a college classmate of Barack Obama. If Root wins the LP Presidential nomination, it will be the first time in the history of American politics that two college classmates run against each for President.

"Wayne Allyn Root is a modern-day Libertarian hero. He is Barry Goldwater combined with Ronald Reagan, updated for the 21st century."

--Douglas R. Miller
Corporate Executive and Recovering Republican

[edit on 5/17/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Great Thread..

Thanks for the contribution..

I will look at all the links later, but initially it looks very well thought out.

The biggest problem of course, is that a Third Party, any Third Party, stands about as much chance as an Ice Rink in Hades...

Shame, but it's true.

Semper

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

Thanks for the late night bump and props on this thread, semperfortis

Sadly, I must agree with you on the chances for a 3rd party. If it could be helped, I haven't voted for a Dem. or Rep. in 10 years or so... just need the rest out there to not be concerned with "wasting a vote"... it's not wasted if your guy wins, right. But, are 'fair' elections even possible anymore? THROW THE BUMS OUT!!!

Here are Wayne's positions on The Issues.

Here are some pics of Wayne and his family.

So here's the bump for the very late night, slightly drunken crowd (EST)

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Alright... seems those FOX video links in the 1st post aren't going directly to the vids. So, here is the link to Wayne's page
with all six parts.

top topics

join