It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More "suicides"(?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It just seems there is a constant barrage of suicides with odd or extenuating circumstances involved with them. The more recent, high-profile ones with the D.C. Madam and that crazy 'police shooting' in Houston... the thread about the serial killing drownings, etc...

TROOPER SUICIDE --
EX-BIG WAS DUE ON GRILL

Retired State Police Inspector Gary Berwick, the last head of former Gov. George Pataki's security detail and a one-time key adviser to now-fired acting State Police Superintendent Preston Felton, was found hanging from a rope in his garage in New Windsor, Orange County, by his 12-year-old daughter.

Berwick, who left as head of the governor's security detail to become an adviser to Felton shortly after Eliot Spitzer took office in early 2007, was the former driver for Pataki's wife, Elizabeth.

Officials said they had no evidence Berwick's suicide was connected to the probe.
One source said Berwick was "certain" to be interviewed by Cuomo's investigators because of his "in-depth knowledge" of State Police activities.

Last summer, Cuomo issued a blockbuster report on the Dirty Tricks Scandal that found then-Gov. Spitzer and his top aides used the State Police to gather purportedly damaging information on the alleged misuse of state aircraft by Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno (R-Rensselaer.)

Sorry, but one must question New York Italians, no matter what 'side' they appear to be on, when a 'suicide' is involved around a matter such as this... am I wrong?

And then I ran into this somewhat bizarre tale...

130-mile police chase ends in murder and suicide for 2 brothers

The shooting deaths of two brothers who led police on a 130-mile pursuit in a stolen car Wednesday were a murder and suicide, authorities said. One of the men was a Marine with tours of duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Vehicles don't usually use the road, so agents asked the driver to stop, and he did. But the agents became suspicious while talking to the two men and told them to pull into a secondary inspection area, he said. Instead, they sped away.

When the car stopped, Border Patrol agents and Pinal deputies approached it, but they backed off after hearing two shots, Minter said.

Inside, they found the brothers dead, Minter said. It is believed that Travis Twiggs shot his older brother and then himself.

Donnelly could not confirm the number of times Twiggs was deployed and could not discuss whether he suffered from post-traumatic stress for privacy reasons.
The brothers were being sought after Grand Canyon visitors reported a single-vehicle accident in which two men walked away carrying large backpacks, said Shannan Marcak, a spokeswoman for the National Park Service.
Authorities began searching for the men to ensure they didn't need medical attention but couldn't find them, she said.
There was strong evidence the men were trying to drive off the rim into the Canyon, based on where the vehicle was found, Marcak said.
Later that evening, a man and a woman reported they were carjacked by two armed men, Marcak said. The descriptions of the carjackers matched those of the men who walked away from the accident. They were identified as the Twiggs brothers.

Ok -- maybe posted a bit much, but I couldn't leave out that last section. Sure... all these could be taken at face value, I suppose. I'm not sure about the first one, though... and that second story is just too bizarre.

Any try to call 1-800-SUICIDE lately? I'm thinking ya' might find someone for hire, if one was looking for that sort of thing

new topics

join