It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush fails to win Saudi help on gas prices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Bush fails to win Saudi help on gas prices

www.huffingtonpost.com

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia — President Bush failed to win the help he sought from Saudi Arabia to relieve skyrocketing American gas prices Friday, a setback for the former Texas oilman who took office predicting he would jawbone oil-producing nations to help the U.S.

Bush got a red-carpet welcome to this desert kingdom, home to the world's largest oil reserves, and promised to ask King Abdullah to increase production to reduce pressure on prices, which soared past $127 for the first time Friday. But Saudi officials said they already were meeting the needs of their customers worldwide and there was no need to pump more.

Their answer recalled Bush's trip to Saudi Arabia in January when he urged an increase in production but was rebuffed.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
SO much for bush minor's cozy relationship with the Saudi's.

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
As if the outcome would have been any different

Shrub needs to understand that the price hikes are more to do with the falling US dollar and price gouging by his oil company buddies than any supply issues.
At least this way he gets to make it look like he tried to do something and it's all the fault of those evil Arab producers.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
LOL Bush just went over to see his mates and have a drink with them

No way in the world Bush wan't the gas to come down he is making way to much money for his family

It's like every thing in this world the price goes up but it sure don't come back down again

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by duffster
LOL Bush just went over to see his mates and have a drink with them

No way in the world Bush wan't the gas to come down he is making way to much money for his family

It's like every thing in this world the price goes up but it sure don't come back down again

Why in the world would the Saudis listen to Bush, or even pretend to listen to him? They know they've got the US over a barrel (pun intended) and they're going to exploit it for all it's worth. Bush has demonstrated that he's planning on occupying Iraq for many years, he's threatened Iran, he's made derogatory comments about Pakistan, he's allowed the opium production to surge in Afghanistan, and that's just for starters.

The Saudis put on a big show because that's how they treat guests. I seriously doubt that Bush knows the protocols associated with an Arabic negotiation. I, for one, wouldn't trust that Bush even knows how to conduct a Parent-Teacher conference.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kelbtalfenek

So what your saying is you don't think( Bush =American gov) don't have some deal going on with the Saudis ??

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

So what your saying is you don't think( Bush =American gov) don't have some deal going on with the Saudis ??

I'm saying that Bush going over to visit the Saudis is nothing more than a bow and some wrapping paper on a box. It looks nice, but doesn't change the fact that it's still a box.

I do not think that the Saudis are happy with the prolonged American Military presence in Iraq or Afghanistan.

If there is any "deal" going on, it is a deal to destroy the American Economy. And I highly doubt that Bush even knows the basics of economics to begin with.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

You might have seen this before But if not you should take a look The guy is pushing his book alot in it but i think he is telling the truth
Imo

au.youtube.com...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You might have seen this before But if not you should take a look The guy is pushing his book alot in it but i think he is telling the truth
Imo

au.youtube.com...

I've had it on my "to do" list for about a week. Am watching right now, seems like I am on the right track so far.

Thanks for posting!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's as plain as the nose on your face.. He was there to make sure prices stayed high. You're going to kick him out soon - he's just feathering his own nest.

Even if there had been a chance, do you seriously think it would have been left up to GB to negotiate? I doubt he could spell economy, never mind manage it.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I looked at it in a different way. As how pitiful to see an American president going over to Saudia Arabia to basically beg for help and getting rebuffed like a pissant.

top topics

join