It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
+1 for pareidolia, +1 for some mild hysteria, +3 for groupthink

edit: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 17-5-2008 by Shar_Chi]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

You missed the point. THe "native American with ipod" image I posted is a natural formation found on earth. Alberta Canada to be exact. I used it to illustrate the point that natural rock formations can occur here, there or anywhere there are rocks. Okay, I admit, it looks like an egyptian king. There is a rock in my back yard that resembles Elvis.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by iammonkey

WOW THESE PHOTO'S ARE GOOD NOW HOW WOULD U COME ACROOS THIS

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
well well well that didnt take long did it some fu####wit is putting my post and find as theirs

forums.dsstester.com...

[edit on 18/5/08 by iammonkey]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:23 AM
link   
IMO it does not look random to me. How do we know that the scale given by NASA is true?

I really enjoy pouring over these Mars pictures, Thanks OP for bringing this one to our attention!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor

You missed the point. THe "native American with ipod" image I posted is a natural formation found on earth. Alberta Canada to be exact.

No I did not miss the point... and I have posted that image on several threads as well as in a collection of Earth Enigmas...

www.thelivingmoon.com...

Now please tell us how you intend to prove that this is a natural formation?

Thanks

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Fixed... Reply to Dsstester.com

But I see mikey64 beat me to it

Oh looky what I found in their T&C

Post Two

Ain't I a Stinker?

[edit on 18-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by samureyed
As much as I don't believe in life on mars, I cannot dismiss the slight possibility that perhaps there was live millions of years ago. Which makes me fascinated by these pictures. I understand that it most likely is nothing..

But check this out!

This actually made my hair stand up on the back of my neck. Anyone see the dead body looking thing?

Had to post it

Ok well... before I posted my last posts I too found that 'corpse / skull' looking thing and thats exactly what I thought it was!! but I thought nah Im just making it up forget it.. and got on with my other post. Weird. Just thought Id let you know you wasnt alone on that one.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by iammonkey
another one lol

planetx-nibiru-jb.blogspot.com...

Just catching up, on this thread.....wow....great find iammonkey!! Definately derserves a star and flag.

Took care of the blogger:

"Kdial1 said

Original find and in depth discussion located here: www.abovetopsecret.com..."

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   

P-a-r-a-d-o-x-2. My mother always told me size didn’t matter

And you believed her?

Well if 'size' is an issue, perhaps the fact that some Martians are TINY is a factor? Of course again IF NASA is telling us the true scale...

Originally posted by samureyed
Had to post it

That one is amazing
this image is full of interesting anomalies... this will take some time to detail

another one lol

Well we did say your post would 'run the circuit'
Not to worry you are immortalized

[edit on 18-5-2008 by zorgon]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

That is te idea.... look at egyptiam statues..., flat torso....

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tuebor
Okay, I admit, it looks like an egyptian king.

There you go, now that wasn't so hard was it? You can say 'looks like' and still maintain your sanity and say 'but it's a rock'

Seriously I respect that, because so many skeptics say they see nothing and I doubt that to be true... they just don't have the guts to use the wrods 'looks like"

There is a rock in my back yard that resembles Elvis.

If that is true get on to Ebay real quick man...
Sold! Cornflake goes for $1,350 Sisters auction cereal flake in shape of Illinois CNN

I bet Elvis fetches more

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Interesting. Very interesting. But you have to keep in mind the "face on Mars" incident. Back in the 80's and 90's, when the "face" that seemed to mirror that of the Sphinx was discovered there was a riot about it. But then we developed better technology and got a real good look at the thing and it turned out to be nothing more than a lumpy rock. Talk about lame.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Dont know if this has been mentioned but nasa must have edited this photo zoom in on the 60 meg tiff on the "trail" above the statue and you will see two square boxes that look like some kind of picture editing. Very Obvious as well to the lower right of the statue i see the head of what looks like a Doric collum .
Joe

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Do you personally believe there is or was life on Mars?And do you think that whatever civilization that might have lived on Mars is somehow linked to the Egyptian culture.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
holy cow! starred and flagged fo sho, this looks to me to be quite a remarkable discovery. if only more people in the public looked at those images nasa released...lol

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
the things i see on this board on a consistant basis is sometimes appauling....like the mars anomolies, for instance

is it really that hard to realize that your brain searches for recognizable patterns in EVERYTHING you see? be it mars, clouds, dirt.....whatever

this thing is not a statue, no matter how much you want it to be.....

im not a person that generally goes around trying to debunk things like this, and i think there ARE a ton of unexplainable phenomenon on mars and the moon, etc........but things like this on here are enough to drive an open-minded person disgustingly mad....

seriously.....snap out of it.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
earlier today when this thread started i had a look at the pic in the op
and found 2 more faces on the left hand side, right on the edge of the pic, there a bit blurry how ever there still quite visible.
there at the base of the cliff where the landslide starts, right on the LH edge of the pic (one on top of the other

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Does anyone actually know the scale / hight of this foto was taken?

Just with out khnowing the size i cant really make up my mind.

Is it from really high up satalite. or is it a picture where you could lay your hand next to it and only say see you thumb and first finger.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join