It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

true its a cliff on the edge of a crater. we have some here too and we could carve things in those cliffs if we like. the thing i just read "maybe its been said" is they estimate the cliff to be about 20 ft high. so this cool carving would be very small.however i have heard of astronauts saying that estimations of depth distance and size were way off when they went to the moon. tings were quite bigger then estimated.

This Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity Pancam "super resolution" mosaic of the approximately 6 m (20 foot) high cliff face of the Cape Verde promontory was taken by the rover from inside Victoria Crater, during the rover's descent into Duck Bay. Super-resolution is an imaging technique which utilizes information from multiple pictures of the same target in order to generate an image with a higher resolution than any of the individual images. Cape Verde is a geologically rich outcrop and is teaching scientists about how rocks at Victoria crater were modified since they were deposited long ago. This image complements super resolution mosaics obtained at Cape St. Mary and Cape St. Vincent and is consistent with the hypothesis that Victoria crater is located in the middle of what used to be an ancient sand dune field. Many rover team scientists are hoping to be able to eventually drive the rover closer to these layered rocks in the hopes of measuring their chemistry and mineralogy.

thats from the nasa web site. www.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
PS: although I do not have any real idea of the size, those rocks are not big, the rovers do not have cameras with great magnification.

Well the first thing we need to do is FIND that size...

without the actual scale, it is hard to guess at anything...

Now that is obviously on a crater wall... you can see the top, and the bottom where the eroded debris lies..

So which crater is it and how deep is that crater... once we know that... you will know the true height of that wall and be able to calculate the size of the artifacts..

without that size (like we did with Copernicus) there is no way to comprehend scale and to say its a small rock based on the Rovers optics IMO is not valid...

I doubt very much that the crater wall is only a couple of feet high

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Desert Dawg

I don't know why the US Gov't is so worried about disclosing alien forms of life or past civilations on other planets or moons.

If they think we're going to panic they're wrong.

The Terra Papers.........explain allot IMO....
They give a very interesting history of Earth and of the civilization on Mars that was destroyed and they WHY of it all. They only take a couple hours to read all of it fully, and you should read all of it before you weigh in on if your buying it or not. Personally, I think they are true and explain ALL this Mars Egyptian looking stuff.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 17-5-2008 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
If any member came on ATS with a picture that had been scanned so many times as to distort it he would be ripped apart by the vultures on here and branded a hoax, no body as asked why are nasa so interested in this particular area to use so many resources to get a clear picture? NASA has seen something also and thats IMO, also i think the release made on Wednesday was changed from what they where going to say, ill tell you why, after they told us it was just a super nova non of the comments by any NASA employee mentioned 50 years search not one, but before hand that was one of the main talking points, they said that in 1983 the juices began to run when they realized they could track what they already knew was a new super nova, and 183 is way off 50 yrs in my book, esp with space travel.

Anyhow back to the topic, the rock face has been pulverized by a huge catastrophic event, Impact, Earthquake ETC. if someone could scrunch up the picture and maybe close some of the cracks you might find the picture makes a lot more sense , i think IMO it is something artificial, and something or someone at NASA is going to crack soon and allow things to bleed out from their archive.

One poster asked why would someone build a statue to a god on cliff face? go check out Egypt a lot of their temples where built into rock faces, man will worship anywhere he feels he will get favor from the gods, People will always say yay or nay its human nature, like some people see the hidden picture in puzzles and some don't, does not mean they are stupid in any way, just like a mechanic would be crap at synchronized swimming, and the swimmer being crap at rocket science, we all of us have our little parts to play in the world, and non of us are stupid for not being able to do something, IMO only the selfish at heart and and the hardened fixed in their beliefs see idiots everywhere and not the whole big picture.

Everyone has their day so to speak and this thread is one of those days for someone, great find OP star and a flag for bringing us something wonderful.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Please see on left, above the red circle on "reply posted on 17-5-2008 @ 09:18 AM by ziggystar60" It looks like a glyf of some sort. Could be digital artifact but I see "wings" and a somewhat southwestern "gods eye" device.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I feel like someone else may have found this already because it's too obvious, but to the left of the original 'statue' find there is another 'face' in the cliff.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by azzllin
Anyhow back to the topic, the rock face has been pulverized by a huge catastrophic event, Impact, Earthquake ETC.
It's a crater wall, so its origin was a catastrophic event.

The rocks are reason enough for NASA to make this super-resolution image (although for most people rocks are not interesting...), and NASA did not had to use many resources to do it, it's just a question of putting software to work, you can do it if you have the right tools.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

you mean 10:18-

Lots of anomalies in that photo when you put in your picture viewer-my eyes are burned out searching

weird that the Mars lander (this 25th) is named Phoenix (I guess) -

ON THIS HERE PICTURE that the OP posted striaght down below the statue I see that slab platform type thing with perfect edges-

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I thought we were done "rock watching"?

I cannot express my feelings on this subject in a kind way, so I will contain myself......

People......

Any evidence of a past civilization on Mars would be dust by now...

If you took the time to look at the area surrounding the rock in question, the curved face-like structure most of you are seeing is literally everywhere!

Same as cloud watching.....This is rock watching

Its called matrixing.......

When you put a recognizable image in place of whats actually there.

I will put 10,000 dollars on the line and say that given another angle the "Statue" most of you are seeing will be just another sandy dune type rock formation JUST LIKE ALL THE REST!

Sorry, Im getting carried away.....

Apologies

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
To see things in a different way (and because I like to do it
), here is a colour version of that photo, not the super-resolution one but the original.

The colours are not real, the image was made using the infra-red, green and blue channels instead of red, green and blue.

I also changed the light levels to make it more visible.

This is a cropped version, the whole image is to big to post, but it's available here.

The original image (without the level adjustment) is this one.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Some really good pictures up there

also this is new on u-tube preety good www.youtube.com...

no matter how many times I look at that it still looks to strange...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Well it says this Cliff is only 37 feet tall so I would guess that this "statue" is only about four feet tall.

I don't see the significance of making a four feet statue in the MIDDLE of the Cliff but what do I know.

I think this is a misinterpretation of a natural rock formation.

-Alien

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
You know what...

I bet NASA has hired some very talented CGI Artists & is making all these features in the MArs Images as a Joke..

They know we are lookng at their pics & must have thaught "LOL", Lets make em squeal like little girls.

All the tampering in Images is there to make us squirm & the Formations are painted in as a joke.

These NASA guys are prolly Pissing themselves right now...

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
fantastic find pics!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I haven't thoroughly read all posts in this thread... but I had to comment, because of (Skyfloating, here's a compelled post...) my own personal experience.

Even before I'd read anything about the Egypt/Mars connection, I had an out of body experience where I went to Mars and saw giant black pyramids.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck.... must be the aliens who started the Egyptian civilization on Mars!!!

I dunno if I can say for sure that what we are looking at is real, but I saw the resemblance quite easily... and those are some stunning pics!

Great post!

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I believe aliens have their origin in the Egyptian civilization, too many coincidences ...
an excellent post compliments

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
These are really interesting. I'm well open to the idea of something on Mars, but i can't help thinking that all these faces etc are just people making something significant out of natural structures similar to how you can 'see' faces etc in clouds.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ATTENTION: Did anyone see this?

Look its a path that leads into a tunnel. I wonder what is inside of the tunnel.

DID ANYONE ELSE CATCH THAT?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
post again did anyone see this?

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Very interesting! It reminds me more of the Giant Buddhas that were destroyed in Afganistan by the Taliban. That is the very first thing that I thought when I saw the pictures.

[edit on 17-5-2008 by alienarena]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join