It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
So you think small fairy folk live on mars? I saw all the leprechan houses on Arran Ireland this summer. They insist people live in them, and the magical people went underground when the celts showed up 6000 years ago to build ring forts, 400 plus in the Burren alone. There are rocks every where there, but people made them stand up for fences, wedge tombs, ring forts, sarsans, orgam stones, bee hive huts, etc.
I don't understand what you mean by all this, could you explain it better? Thanks.

The point of building a ring fort in a stoney place means it blends in with the surroundings (camoflag of sorts.)
Or because the materials are already there, I don't think that house camouflage was considered a priority.

The burren has limestone carved out by rain. Those rocks laying on Mars look like leftovers from something blowing up.
As I said before, to me they don't look like blown up, they loook broken naturally.

Good point on my other questions . Thanks.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Hello! My last comments on this: I am not a high tech person, I am more dinasaur. I can tell you how I feel and what I see. I have a degree in photography and cinema. Not science. I was thinking of a different photo in the thread that the rover took when I was thinking of the terrain. Sand and jagged rocks. It is a ways back. It looks like and empty desert with small jagged rocks in it. Odd. The rocks in Ireland are smooth from water and wind. Limestone wears away. You implied the aliens (creatures not of Earth) left statues and skulls. Okay. It looks like it. The celts buried their dead right there under the rocks in various tomb styles. The cliff looks large, maybe not as large as the Grand Canyon. I've been at the Grand Canyon it reminds me of the rocks in a way. But some one else implied it was tiny. It doesn't look tiny to me. I guess size is realative to opinion of what is big or small. The statue looks like Egyptian Art to me. I took art history and art doesn't have to be elaborate and complicated..its art...its about making the viewer feel something. The ring forts made excellent camoflage from marading invaders. The Vikings eventually came along and terrorized. However there aren't many trees in some regions either. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all go on an archelogical expedition to see these marevelous sites on Mars? I don't have any answers only questions and my own ideas. Sorry my ideas are far out there, I am thinking of the rocks and all the rocks I have seen in life. It is a shame that information is so private and precious when we all fund it through taxes. I really enjoyed looking at your photos and thinking about all you new ideas. Thank you. Have a nice week!

posted on Aug, 25 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
wow interesting find! Nice one!

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
You implied the aliens (creatures not of Earth) left statues and skulls. Okay. It looks like it.
If I implied that it was not my intention, my opinion is exactly the opposite, that these are just natural features, not artificially made objects.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about it.

But some one else implied it was tiny. It doesn't look tiny to me. I guess size is realative to opinion of what is big or small.
The whole "cliff" is 12 metres high.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by vze2xjjk

I would be surprised if you didn't saw any face on that photo.

Wasn't you the person that saw a face on wall, on a photo of yourself? Or am I mixing you with another person?

PS: is my question properly written? It doesn't sound too good, that "wasn't you" looks a little strange, is it correct? Thanks.
No ,your grammar is off,just like your eyes/vision.But since you bothered to respond at all puts you way ahead of six billion others.
So,I spent the extra hour of refining the image to something more "see-able" if you imagine a caterpillar or inchworm crawling,but with a human head.Snake people,perhaps?
Think of a shape like a smoker's tobacco pipe.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by vze2xjjk]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by vze2xjjk
No ,your grammar is off,just like your eyes/vision.
My vision is better than my grammar, even if I think it's time to change the left lens on my glasses.

And I didn't said that I didn't see it, I am starting to understand how your interpretation of the images work, so I see almost all the things you talk about, the only difference is that I give them a different interpretation.

And thanks for the extra hour.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

No ,your grammar is off,just like your eyes/vision.
My vision is better than my grammar, even if I think it's time to change the left lens on my glasses.

And I didn't said that I didn't see it, I am starting to understand how your interpretation of the images work, so I see almost all the things you talk about, the only difference is that I give them a different interpretation.

And thanks for the extra hour.

G'day Armap

I think this vze2xjjk guy is having a lend of everybody.

Ask him for a picture of his "Mars Banana".

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Sam60]

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Sam60]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Here's one more step in Mars evolution to compare with the crawlers above.Note on the serpent that nubs or dark dots are symetrically spaced on the bottom of the body/belly for traction.I call them nubs rather than legs.Many Mars animals seem to have this "nubs" for traction feature. Compare a live one under Spirit from last week.
Wide eyes.

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm not going to blab on, because I'm sure this post will most likely not even get read, but if that's not the case, then I salute you for bringing it to all of our attention. It's so fascinating. Thanks mate

Keep it up ay?

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Here's one more step in Mars evolution to compare with the crawlers above.Note on the serpent that nubs or dark dots are symetrically spaced on the bottom of the body/belly for traction.I call them nubs rather than legs.Many Mars animals seem to have this "nubs" for traction feature.

What are you doing on ATS?

Are you conducting some sort of social experiment?

You know......

You post total BS & then you show your uni student friends the responses.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Mr. Armap, I thought of an answer to your question of why we see stautes, machine parts, and skulls... brace yourself, it's garbage.
Literally. The aliens abduct humans, experiment on us, and dump the smelly left overs, machine parts of their craft that are broken, and art
statues they're bored of that they stole from other planets (Earth). On to the moon and mars, in order to scare us to death when we finally see the items. I would think bones don't last too long exposed to the air on the ground usually, so it must be fresh garbage. Unless Mars' atmostsphere is such that bones don't deteriorate. However the striations on the rocks indicate the weather is destructive and harsh. unless you think little Martians live in the little caves in a bio-atmostsphere environment. Thus the little sculpture. Or maybe the Egyptians traveled there and left a statue as a sign they were there. Who knows? The speculation is endless, real life is stranger than fiction.

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
These Mars/Moon photos and so called buildings/statues etc seen by some in the picture remind me of the experiment that the BBC did at Loch Ness. They rigged a piece of wood about 3-4 ft long so it would rise a couple of feet out of the water. They got someone to play the bagpipes at the loch's edge a started to film him,soon the tourists gathered round they made the piece of wood rise out of the water behind the piper, people spotted it some had cameras and could zoom in some didn't.
Anyway some of the people who saw it were asked to draw what they saw a few put a head on it although it had none, one person even drew a body attached they did the same in another area in Scotland with no monster legend guess what no one saw a monster then.
To many on here HOPE AND WANT buildings on Mars/Moon just a little to much I would prefer the truth! What if we find out that the so called statue is one or two feet high will that mean Mars used to be inhabited by midgets or it just happens to be a piece of rock that reminds you of a statue.
Its a bit like the so called Mars Rat which was just a piece of a rock!

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Well, considering that I only see geological features and not bones, machines, buildings, etc., and that I haven't ever seen any real evidence that there are life forms outside Earth, I think that explanation leaves much to explain, but is as good as any other (if we forget about common rocks
).

Bones probably would last for a long time, because although the winds are very strong the atmosphere is too thin and only moves the finest dust, that does little abrasion, that's why we see many rocks but little wind erosion effects.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Are you guys for real or is this some kind of joke? Do you all really believe that those rock formations in a Martian crater are alien sculptures?

Seriously, this has to be a joke, right? You guys don't actually believe that, do you?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Amazing find! Really, top marks for the looking guys.
The Egyptian Eyes look amazing on the rocks as well. IMO I think there is life on Mars. It is astounding to me that people are so sceptical, What makes us so special? What makes us the ONLY form of life? How can it be that we were the lucky ones to have EVERYTHING right for us (Gravity/Oxygen etc)?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSRyan
It is astounding to me that people are so sceptical, What makes us so special? What makes us the ONLY form of life? How can it be that we were the lucky ones to have EVERYTHING right for us (Gravity/Oxygen etc)?
Those are not the reasons why I'm sceptic, it's just that I have yet to see real signs of life elsewhere.

Rocks that look like known figures do not count as signs of life because:
a) they are not alive.
b) they can be (and all those that I have seen look like) the result of natural processes.

But finding live elsewhere in the universe, even just some bacteria, would be great.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
how about egyptian art........

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Wow.
Very interesting. However, I think it's just caused by the nature of Mars.
Look around the image, there are tons of interesting find.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Hello, This is my first post(yay!) and may be somewhere else in the 39 pages of this thread, but while looking at this picture I right away noticed what looks like another face. When you zoom out they both appear to at the same level. I thought it was kinda neat. I"m sorry if the picture doesn't show up right, does any one have any tips for posting pics?

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Reminds me of this:

There are a few of these statues of Buddha carved from a mountain or stone outcropping. I think there are a few giant ones like this, too, though this one is certain the most famous.

The thing is, with all the photos of rocks on mars and the moon and such, if you take billions of rocks and sediments and sand and non-living material natural to a rocky planet, and toss them all onto a planet, then give it a good shake (for ex: earthquakes, wind, etc. over billions of years), there will be a ton of interesting apparent forms in those rocks. A lot of the time, it will look very similar to a human or the skeletal structure of some animal, or a statue, or pyramid.

On earth, you can look in ANY region of the globe and find natural formations which humans will necessarily relate to artificial/man-made structures. This is just how our minds work! They relate everything they see to things seen in the past, to memories and experiences. When we humans look at a rock outcropping, we will (without trying) associate various shapes into human figures, or animal figures. Our brains are so successful (successful? well, that can be argued xD) because they are exceptional at finding patterns in things.

I'm sure most everybody is aware of this, but if not, just google for something like human brain and patterns. We are great at finding patterns in ANYTHING, in fact, we will even find patterns where there is none. In areas of our visual field which have no texture and are uniform, our brains will project textures and patterns onto that uniform surface. You can see this when you see "static" over a completely clear sky, or while in a very dark place.

And those patterns aren't all imaginary - our whole universe is built on repeating patterns! All of science and spirituality are based on patterns, their description, deciphering, and exploitation (not necessarily in a bad way). So while things like this rock outcropping may seem very compelling - indeed, there is marked similarity to known man-made objects - there is a very high probability that it is just a natural formation which appears to be artificial.

I'm a huge skeptic, but I'm not a debunker. We need to look at this kinda thing objectively. When Project Blue Book first started, the guy who ran the project was very objective and would kick a researcher off the team if they supported the ET hypothesis OR denied the ET hypothesis too strongly. If they were too pro-ET or anti-ET, they wouldn't be allowed to continue. That is objectivity - a neutral perspective. Later on, PBB devolved into basically a pure disinformation campaign when the original project director was nixed, the already-documented cases reclassified (meaning that a case which was previous 'Possible Satellite' would now be 'Almost-certain Satellite', and 'Unidentified - No Known Explanation' would now be 'Possible Swamp Gas', thus reducing the # of unidentified cases without any change in the data, just the interpretation of the data), and the objective of the project was changed to 'DEBUNK EVERYTHING'.

Anyways, photos like this really don't mean anything, unless there are many anomalies in the same area, and even then, for every anomaly found on mars that looks artificial, you can find ten similar anomalies on earth. Unfortunately, while this photo might actually have artificial structures in it, we just cannot tell from only a photo.

NASA doctors a lot of their images - image editing is part of what they do, to clean up photos. It's expected that images will be edited. I fear that a lot of times, that editing isn't just to clean up blurriness or bad quality, it's to cover up something. We can't see what was covered up, but at least that is evidence that we don't have the full truth. Similar to how FoIA (freedom of information act) requests regarding UFO/ET things might be fulfilled and the document mailed out, thus confirming the existence of such a report, but it's nearly 100% blacked out w/ a marker. That is, at least, acknowledgment of the event/object/whatever's existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join