join

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
blog.wired.com...

Earth ones..

posted on Jan, 5 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wary of powerful imagination...

The Egyptians had Ego's the size of the galactic rim + they always made statues that would dominate the landscape of a persons view as they saw the piece.
So why take a journey to another planet and then pick such a lousy location for this one?
+ why make such a relatively small statue compared to the cliff face?

So here's my contribution to the image analysis...
I think you guys would have more fun with ink blots and a psych eval than anything else.

Having said all that...
If it turns out to be true, I would be just as excited as eveyone else.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
hi , sorry for my english , i was looking at this image

and found the following things:
there a human looking figure and some other things , and some buildings ,nasa try to airbrush
i hosted the image in my own site , i hope i dont get shut down by nasa jeje

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Negativity from an anonymous poster is highly suspect at an attempt to derail serious positive contributions by many skillful and curious people who discover more about Mars than Nasa will ever put forward because of POLICY decisions.This smacks the face of anyone who doesn't believe in life elsewhere than EARTH. Intelligent life is and always has been OUT THERE waiting for us to wake up to the fact. Here I squeezed the photo,added noise and negative image to get past the blurring of NASA imaging to find even more faces in the same real estate as those before me.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Does anyone see the cat with wings on both sides of the big red circle facing the circle? I believe they are Lammasu or Gryphon. I believe they protect the entrance to something.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I can't help but post this.

It sticks out like a sore thumb..

Bottom centre of the OP picture you'll see some rocks laying flat that are in a formation as shown in this crop of the image;

I'm a bit surprised nobody else saw it.. or even considered it.. but it does bear a remarkable resemblance to this portion of an Incan wall

It could be a naturally formed rock placement but who can say for sure

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Nice one Extralien!

That is an intriguing feature.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This whole thread is a study in Pareidolia

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

It could also be said that this thread contains some excellent examples of persons afflicted with Prosopagnosia.

Prosopagnosia, or face-blindness, is a neurological condition that renders a person incapable of recognizing faces. It is unrelated to the person's ability to see faces. Someone with perfect vision can suffer from prosopagnosia.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I think you've misinterpreted the definition there buddy

It is unrelated to the person's ability to see faces.

One can still see faces, all this condition means is one cannot recognise who (as in the person) the face belongs to

It has nothing to do with not being able to recognise faces in rock formations.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

I think you've misinterpreted the definition there buddy

And I think you are wrong in your assessment....

Perhaps you should invest more time into the research of Prosopagnosia, as you appear to know very little about the disorder.

Start here - At Harvard

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Think what you want, I'm going off your own quote which states that the condition is unrelated to the persons ability to SEE faces, it only affects the ability to recognise the face and put an "identity" with it, even the Harvard link you posted has nothing about a person not being able to see a face, it's all to do with memory and putting a name to face.

Also your Harvard reference states "Most of the cases of prosopagnosia that have been documented have been due to brain damage suffered after maturity from head trauma, stroke, and degenerative diseases."

Were you trying to suggest that those of us who don't see faces in rock formations are brain damaged ? I sincerely hope not

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Discotech

The Harvard Page also states this:

Currently, we have a very limited understanding of prosopagnosia, and so there are many research questions that need to be answered. Some of the leading questions are:

* What is the nature of the procedures that are impaired in prosopagnosia?
* What brain regions are impaired in prosopagnosia?
* What genes are involved with genetically-based prosopagnosia?
* Are there methods by which prosopagnosics can improve their face recognition?
* Why do prosopagnosics often have navigational problems as well?
* What is the prevalence of prosopagnosia?

...The primary reason that we have such a limited understanding of prosopagnosia is that few prosopagnosics have been intensively investigated. This is especially true for developmental prosopagnosia.

*The inability to recognize a face in photograph, painting or on a statue, and wherein, of thereon a face is readily apparent would also be classed as prosopagnosia.

If you can't understand this, then that is OKAY.

Were you trying to suggest that those of us who don't see faces in rock formations are brain damaged ? I sincerely hope not

*Where in my post did I suggest anything about 'rock formations'?

As far as you being brain damaged and suffering from prosopagnosia, which is no laughing matter - Do you see the faces? (hint: there are four)

[edit on 19-8-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
If you can't understand this, then that is OKAY.

Again,I say you're misinterpreting what it says or altering the definition to suit your agenda at the very least, which is also OKAY.

All it says is that a person may not be able to recognise a face in a statue or image, it does not say that the person is unable to SEE the face.

I guess it depends on your defition of recognition, mine is giving identity to an object that has previously been seen before from memory, yours appears to be just the ability to see it. According to the dictionary my definition is correct and it mentions nothing about an ability to see things

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
As far as you being brain damaged and suffering from prosopagnosia, which is no laughing matter - Do you see the faces? (hint: there are four)

*sighs*

Yes I see the faces

I also recognise that it is Mount Rushmore and they are the faces of former presidents.

Someone with the condition would be able to see faces but they wouldn't be able to recognise what they are of

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
wow nice find, cud be a coincidence but none the less, good find, took me a while to find it on the NASA image though

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Discotech

Again,I say you're misinterpreting what it says or altering the definition to suit your agenda at the very least, which is also OKAY.

Again, I'll direct you the Harvard page:

Currently, we have a very limited understanding of prosopagnosia, and so there are many research questions that need to be answered.

And when those questions are answered, our knowledge and understanding of the disorder will change yet again.

You should know this.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well this is interesting and makes me feel good actually about many things I have always thought about Egypt. I have always believed many Egyptians came from another planet, mostly Mars, and came here and were looked at like Gods in Egypt. I dont know how to explain it without basically making my own thread, but this is a good find. IMO it looks like an Egyptian statue. I noticed it right away. There are too many things about Mars that make think this way and it's always been some gut feeling I have had. I could be wrong but I could be right. S&F

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

All that area is covered with those flat rocks that remind me of the time when I used to go to the beach.

When the sand is dry and a bigger wave extends more than usual over a dry area, the upper layer of the sand becomes were, but as the wave goes back the water is not enough to wet all the sand, and the sand under that upper layer remains dry.

When the upper layer dries it remains in one piece, and sometimes it breaks under its own weight, looking exactly like those photos from Mars.

It just looks like sedimentary rock.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Then why even bother posting a link about it if the information isn't enough to base a conclusion off, you do realise it applies both ways, to your point as well. Our current understanding to it, which you are referencing to, states that there is no effect on the ability to SEE faces only the ability to recognise them.

If you do not know the definition of "recognition" then that isn't my problem, I'm only refuting your absurd claims that some people in this discussion may suffer from this condition, as opposed to people in this discussion who are sufferers of Pareidolia.

If you don't want to admit you were wrong then that's okay, life goes on

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join