It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egyptian statue on mars?

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
ArMaP, I & Zorgon were just joking, it's as if you'd joke saying I'm sitting on top of my French volcanoes with a laptop and a tent, not very likely to happen! cheer up, friend, we all like you really!

~~~~

One I found yesterday and I thought of this thread straight away:

It's in/ name: VIRACOCHA, (EARTH, Pre-Inca Civilization), (please google this name Viracocha for extra details), paths and sculptures structures carved into this rocks-mount, in celebration to:

"The Inca Sun God".

It's from Pre-Inca period, well preserved as we see, notice the similarities?

posted on Sep, 23 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MarsFanMag

The similarities I see are probably not the same you see.

This area reminds me of the "statue".

Now, was this area changed by human hands or was it just made by nature?

PS: I was also joking, that is how I try to spoil other people's jokes.

Edit to add:

If that is from the pre-Inca period how were those things made in celebration to "The Inca Sun God"?

[edit on 23/9/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

There are statue-carvings on this Earthian pre-Inca site, sculpting as it was made so to represent the Sun-God, there are also natural parts obviously, and the paths + stairs are the similarity that stroke me the most when I found it.

As you see another big similarity is that, with thousand years for example, (I say 'example' because on St Vincent, Victoria Crater, MARS, we don't know when these structures were made), passing by, it's harder to spot what was exactly made (though the paths & stairs are clearly visible).

I'm not going to edit this one as I struggle for time, but if anyone does it with highlights, surely we'd see the carvings better. It must be studied up-close somewhere already, and within reach on the net, but personally I don't have the time to search this, I gave it as example of comparison.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag
reply to post by Meganutter

What's a glukkon? your sci-fi phot is very dark... the name's funny though, glukkon, do they eat fridges?

well its from a game Abe's Exoddus, and they are the greedy company baddies (with no arms)
try to look the abe series up on google you might just find one of them

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Hello,
I wonder if this has been noticed:
I repeat a general photo of St Vincent Site:
-----------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------

I hope that the order/progression of the edits will be logical, as due to PC problems, I can't preview any image, either on photobucket or here.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Ok this is not a mountain in fact just a rough estimate its about 14 ft if my math hold to be true which means the head your looking at would be about 7 in. I will go over it again to make sure im right but that means that this would have to be natural.

NASA's Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity climbed out of "Victoria Crater" following the tracks it had made when it descended into the 800-meter-diameter (half-mile-diameter) bowl nearly a year earlier.

For scale, the distance between the parallel tracks left by the rover's wheels is about 1 meter (39 inches) from the middle of one track to the middle of the other.

When looking at rock formations the mind naturally looks for patterns its the way we view the world. Thus the reason ink blots al lways look like something. I was really hoping this was a statue sorry guys.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Some of those things were noticed on the first thread, but I think not of the ones you found.

As expected, all those things look like natural features to me, and I think that may be interpreting the darker and brighter areas as relief when in fact they are just different shades of grey.

Maybe using the colour photos will help.

posted on Sep, 28 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Some of those things were noticed on the first thread, but I think not of the ones you found.

As expected, all those things look like natural features to me, and I think that may be interpreting the darker and brighter areas as relief when in fact they are just different shades of grey.

Maybe using the colour photos will help.

ArMaP, you don't like photo-editing, so what are you on about with colour?

Your references only include NASA, and their occasional--AND SO BAD EDITING!!!-- filters as colours, well how do you trust this.

???

And I don't judge members at posts, I am not a judge, if I was SOME CHILDREN would get more JUSTICE and also, some criminals wouldn't get away with what they do, if I was a judge, believe me there WOULD be some DECENT enquiry about a few things that pass as 'OK' in this world. Over my DEAD BODY if it 'requires', I don't mess up with Children-RIGHTS for one.

On my friends e-lists I 'm the only judge and forgive me, usually i know it straight away, yet I change my mind...ChCh is a friend now for example, cause she's got potential. I don't like my sentences to be dissectected at every comma, and commented on,if I was a police-suspect I would agree, totally, for I would benefit from it, but never in my life I deserved to be judged by some poster I don't know, I like straight replies from the soul. Not robotic sort of 'analysed' reply which I could re-take and waste e-space to reply to, 1 by 1, as you do. Please....We haven't got all life!!!

..and when I send them u2u's to say hello and they don't even bother replying, I can't put them back onto 'neutral', but, see it, I can't consider them as friends either.

I mean, unless you would show me serious signs of being friends, as opposite from, 'against'...With some People it only takes a reading of a few words, an invitATION, AN acceptance, and I know that they are good Souls, & I know that they'll be e-friends. (yet, I will never meet them, or I should be so lucky!).

Sometimes it works, just getting the feeling...but after so many times of discouragement, no, unless you u2u me different, I think you are determined to SYSTEMATICALLY GO AGAINST EVERYTHING I PRINT!

If you had genuinely opened your mind to us in the meantime, ignore my message please, but seen what you say on my thread "MARTIAN-MADE STRUCTURES...", and sorry I get dizzy with your dissectations of sentences, it reminds me of being on a torture chamber, in some books etc, real refs if you ask, see 1933Germany--AND I have German Friends--so don't be mistaken, just, if you go on with your dissectations chambers, i will not read. already started the process!

..the point is, Columbus and Pythagoras, and Amaral and Justice, have you ever wondered why some don't like your country? Cause they're JEALOUS, so, they, on purpose, underestimate its strength, WAKE UP PT GUYS! WAKE UP PT LADIES!

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMagfilters as colours, well how do you trust this.

???

Basic principles of light and color... its not hard... for light you have a red, green and blue filter that will create all colors for printing the three colors are yellow, cyan and magenta (with black as an accent)

And since we have a color chart on the Rovers to compare to... its not that hard

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Just an observation, but if you take a look at the landscape immediately surrounding the "Egyptian statue," although the site looks very naturally created, it looks like a typical Egyptian pharaoh's head which incorporates the orginally observed statue.

Coincidence?

I illustrate my observation in this video (using a Tut image as the comparison):

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsFanMag
ArMaP, you don't like photo-editing, so what are you on about with colour?
I am talking about the false colour composites made with different wavelengths. They may be useless to know how colours are but they are good (and that is the reason for their existence) to show different materials.

This image, for example, was made with the L2 (infrared), L5 (green) and L7 (ultraviolet) images, with just a small reduction of the red tint, to make it more noticeable.

This is the original image (click it to see it in its full size), without any alterations, just the composite of those three images.

Your references only include NASA, and their occasional--AND SO BAD EDITING!!!-- filters as colours, well how do you trust this.
If you could show me any other source of Mars images taken on the ground I would gladly use them, but considering that NASA is the only one (as far as I know) organisation with a working presence on Mars' surface, those are the only photos with which I can work.

As for bad editing, I have never seen any signs of bad editing (or just bad enough to be noticeable) on Mars photos, and for the colour photos I prefer to make them myself with the separated images for each wavelength.

And I don't judge members at posts, I am not a judge, if I was SOME CHILDREN would get more JUSTICE and also, some criminals wouldn't get away with what they do, if I was a judge, believe me there WOULD be some DECENT enquiry about a few things that pass as 'OK' in this world. Over my DEAD BODY if it 'requires', I don't mess up with Children-RIGHTS for one.
I don't judge anyone, specially those I never met in person, that is why I always try to answer all posts with my best attitude (although sometimes I fail to keep my head as cool as I should), and even members that post things that I think are completely out of focus with the reality have the same treatment as those that share my opinions, I try not to focus on the person posting but on what that person wrote and not on the way he/she wrote it, that is the only thing we can use on a forum like this.

On my friends e-lists I 'm the only judge and forgive me, usually i know it straight away, yet I change my mind...ChCh is a friend now for example, cause she's got potential.
That is your way of doing things, I respect it and I do not have any problem with that.

My way is a little different, to me friendship is something that we must earn from other people, so I try my best to earn other people's respect and, if possible, friendship. This may have the side effect of getting me less friends than I could get in other ways, but they are people I really consider friends, and friendship should be forever, if true.

I don't like my sentences to be dissectected at every comma, and commented on,if I was a police-suspect I would agree, totally, for I would benefit from it, but never in my life I deserved to be judged by some poster I don't know, I like straight replies from the soul.
That I can confirm as a known problem with my way of talking and writing, as I hate misunderstandings I always try to know exactly what other people mean with what they say.

When those people speak (or write) in a language with which I have some understanding problems, my problem gets worse, that is why I sometimes have to ask people to rephrase their posts. Also, different people write in different ways, and that is one more thing that affects my understanding of what is written, there is one ATS member (that has not participated in this thread) that writes in a way that I almost never understand, I think I have only understood some 10 or 12 of his (or hers) posts.

..and when I send them u2u's to say hello and they don't even bother replying, I can't put them back onto 'neutral', but, see it, I can't consider them as friends either.
I agree, but maybe another U2U could clear those situations.

I know that I have neglected some U2Us in the past, so it's not a surprise if I did it to you, but if I did not answer it was because of one of two possible reasons: 1- I did not knew what to say (it happens many times); 2- I forgot about it, I usually see if I have U2Us when I wake up and at my lunch break, but I do not have time to answer them (and my attempts have shown that the posts I made on those occasions are badly written and more confusing than normal, writing takes me a lot of time, I have been writing this post for more than 30 minutes), I can only answer any U2U or post when I get home at the end of the day, and if I see something that I think needs a more urgent reply I may forget posts and/or U2Us that I have seen during the day.

I mean, unless you would show me serious signs of being friends, as opposite from, 'against'...With some People it only takes a reading of a few words, an invitATION, AN acceptance, and I know that they are good Souls, & I know that they'll be e-friends. (yet, I will never meet them, or I should be so lucky!).
Friends can have different opinions, opinions are just part of what a personality shows to the world, and friendship applies to the whole of the personality. And friends should show where they think their friends are wrong, by pointing what they think is their mistake.

Sometimes it works, just getting the feeling...but after so many times of discouragement, no, unless you u2u me different, I think you are determined to SYSTEMATICALLY GO AGAINST EVERYTHING I PRINT!
I do not go against what you write, I am just trying to show you that your interpretation may be based on wrong assumptions. That does not mean that I know that I am right (I don't), but I obviously agree with my own opinion, so that is the one I try to show other people.

If those people ignore what I say I do not know if they just did not saw the post (it happens a lot) or if they saw it and just decided not to answer it because of some reason (maybe they did not thought it good enough), but as I do not have any way of knowing what other people think I repeat my answer if the same statement (or another statement based on that) is made.

If you had genuinely opened your mind to us in the meantime, ignore my message please, but seen what you say on my thread "MARTIAN-MADE STRUCTURES...", and sorry I get dizzy with your dissectations of sentences, it reminds me of being on a torture chamber, in some books etc, real refs if you ask, see 1933Germany--AND I have German Friends--so don't be mistaken, just, if you go on with your dissectations chambers, i will not read. already started the process!
Well, I still read all of what you write on the threads I am participating, even when written in ALL CAPS, with references to unrelated subjects and/or written in a way with which I am not familiar and that makes me read it three or four times before I understand (I think I understand) what you wrote.

PS: maybe I should have addressed the more personal points on a U2U, but as this was an answer to a post I thought it better to post it here, even if it is off-topic. I promise I will try to keep off-topic material to a minimum.

PPS: an update on the time it took to me to write this post, 50 minutes, that is why I post less than I could (but maybe more than most people want me to post
)

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   

PPS: an update on the time it took to me to write this post, 50 minutes, that is why I post less than I could (but maybe more than most people want me to post
)

Do you ever ask yourself...
"WHY oh why do I do this..."

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

All the time, but it's better than sitting and thinking about my other, real life, problems or watching TV.

If just one person learns something or gets interested enough to learn something because one of my posts then it was a time well spent.

[edit on 29/9/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Sep, 29 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

All the time, but it's better than sitting and thinking about my other, real life, problems or watching TV.

Hmmm Well you need a break... come to Vegas for a holiday

posted on Oct, 13 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I have to say this one is very intriguing. I am surprised it got through the filtering process. Seriously. My father used to do a really good job of erasing any tell-tale signs from most of the missions and it just makes me wonder who is working there now. They've failed to coverup a lot. Maybe it's on purpose. Maybe someone wants us to know.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

An argument could be made that they are putting it in our faces now, especially with the mass releases we are seeing from Hirise.

So, what techniques did your Dad use to erase data and make it look untouched?

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom
Yep. Given the scale of the 'Statue' I don't think this is an artificial sculpture. Its tiny, its on a cliff face and very innaccessible.
It's not even a cliff face, it's part of a crater wall, so the possibility of someone making a statue there is even smaller (I think).

If that was some river bank, then there is a high possibility of soil erosion which would have made the cliff deeper and inaccessible.

posted on Oct, 23 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by the_spark

It was not a river bank, as you can see in the following photo.

Edit: and in this photo.

[edit on 23/10/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yup your point now makes lot of sense...
Can you give some more inputs of how big this is and its dimensions?? If you or anyone can get that ; it will be great..

Cheers!

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by the_spark

The cliff isn't very high:

This Mars Exploration Rover Opportunity Pancam "super resolution" mosaic of the approximately 6 m (20 foot) high cliff face of the Cape Verde promontory was taken by the rover from inside Victoria Crater, during the rover's descent into Duck Bay.

www.nasa.gov...

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join